The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flat Colors / No Reflection on Armor

Dustile
Dustile
✭✭✭
What setting do I need to change so my heavy armor is reflective? It's flat grey now. I can't seem to find the setting.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there Dustile,

This isn't a setting that is in the game, rather in the usersettings.txt.

Head to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live and open the Usersettings.txt file in Notepad. Search for "Simple" and you should find a settings called "SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "X""

If X=1, simple shaders are enabled and you'll get that flat look. You can set X to 0 to return to the usual render style. In the end, the line would look like this:

SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "0"

We hope this helps!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dustile
    Dustile
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there Dustile,

This isn't a setting that is in the game, rather in the usersettings.txt.

Head to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live and open the Usersettings.txt file in Notepad. Search for "Simple" and you should find a settings called "SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "X""

If X=1, simple shaders are enabled and you'll get that flat look. You can set X to 0 to return to the usual render style. In the end, the line would look like this:

SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "0"

We hope this helps!

ty!