Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vamp/Werewolf Bite Scammer Awareness (NAME AND SHAME)

baconrowles
Hi Guys
I don't know if a page like this exists but I thought it would be a good idea to spread the word (and names) of people scamming honest players for bites.

I had an unpleasant exchange with [nameless]. He said he would give me a werewolf bite for 3k. He asked for the cash upfront which I gave (I would say I was being optimistic about his honesty instead of being naive). As soon as he got the money he ran off. I have reported him to ESO (I have him admitting he scammed in xbox messages)

So please avoid this guys and girls

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
Edited by ZOS_ArtG on July 13, 2015 4:17PM
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    Besides reporting him to ESO (Zenimax) please also report him to Xbox itself via his Gamercard.
    We need to get rid of these rotten apples not only from ESO, but also from Xbox Live in general.

I know the statement from Zenimax is in the line of, It is your own responsibility and you have to be careful. Though when it comes to Xbox Live, they are more strict, the more reports a person gets, he will degrade in social status, making it harder to get into Multiplayer matches ultimately ending up being matched with like minded people (probably does not count for ESO) and can even go as far as a timed ban from Xbox Live.
    Edited by DuroNL on July 13, 2015 1:05PM
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    sorry, double post.
    Edited by DuroNL on July 13, 2015 1:04PM
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    Also Zenimax does not allow name and shaming your post will likely be altered and the discussion closed.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Pizzonage wrote: »
    Also Zenimax does not allow name and shaming your post will likely be altered and the discussion closed.

Just like most modern social games.

Further proof that cheaters and scammers in games these days have right of way over those that try and play the game properly and help others >:(

IMHO we should be allowed to name and shame them.
    It'd be incentive for them to NOT cheat.
    Equally I understand that there's trolls out there that would falsely accuse people just for a laugh. However surely something like that can be monitored..

I dunno but I agree with OP
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • baconrowles

Bit stupid they don't. Especially when scamming someone can leave them with such a bad taste in their mouth they refuse to play the game in extreme cases

I wasn't scammed as bad but its the principal

I was lucky enough to receive a werewolf bite from a veteran because he herd the area chat convo where I got scammed. They herd the whole deal get agreed and the scammer run off
  • krumhur
    krumhur
    Soul Shriven

Bit stupid they don't. Especially when scamming someone can leave them with such a bad taste in their mouth they refuse to play the game in extreme cases

I wasn't scammed as bad but its the principal

I was lucky enough to receive a werewolf bite from a veteran because he herd the area chat convo where I got scammed. They herd the whole deal get agreed and the scammer run off

It's not stupid that they don't: if they allowed name and shame the forums would be filled with both true and false accusations.
    Also:
    1. You can easily edit image files, and most people would totally believe those images/logs and never trust the alleged offender anymore, which would mean to ruin his/her gaming experience for good
    2. even if you were not to provide any "proof", most people would still prefer not to trust the so-called scammer and would totally avoid him, which would in turn ruin his gaming experience without any chance for him to defend himself
    3. there would be no real way to repay players who have been falsely accused, he would probably leave the game anyway at that point
    4. Zenimax would need more moderators on the forum because they would need to check not only the support tickets but also that people post true, not modified images/logs, or things could easily get out of hand

I totally prefer a system where only devs take care of this stuff: we can't make justice with our hands, but we also don't risk being falsely accused, and if devs do their job properly it's ok anyway, because a warning/temp. ban/perma ban. are enough to keep scammers at bay usually (a perma ban is obviously enough)
    Edited by krumhur on July 13, 2015 4:15PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noomfy-Mop wrote: »

Just like most modern social games.

Further proof that cheaters and scammers in games these days have right of way over those that try and play the game properly and help others >:(

IMHO we should be allowed to name and shame them.
    It'd be incentive for them to NOT cheat.
    Equally I understand that there's trolls out there that would falsely accuse people just for a laugh. However surely something like that can be monitored..

I dunno but I agree with OP

Noomfy-Mop scammed me and didn't give me the werewolf bite after I paid him 50k gold!

Do you see why this shouldn't be allowed? Because I have no need to provide any proof, but I can ruin your reputation.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here he is confirming he scammed me

deleted pic

Again, as said in your initial post, naming and shaming is NOT allowed on this forum. Wether or not you agree to this rule is unimportant. You too should follow the rules set by ZOS (rules you agreed to when you agreed to the legal documentation when you started playing).

By ignoring those rules you are not better as the scammer. You either obey the rules or you don't. There is no grey area.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • ssmit474
    ssmit474
    Soul Shriven
    well, there does exist a grey area, its called vigilantism. Particularly useful when ruling bodies are seen as not doing the job they should be doing. They either clean up the trash or devise a method that disallows this (e.g., an item that needs to be traded to initiate bite. Both parties have to approve trade before it processes).
  • ssmit474
    ssmit474
    Soul Shriven
    Also, if ZOS locks this topic, just take it to gamefaqs. That's all. :-)
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    ssmit474 wrote: »
    well, there does exist a grey area, its called vigilantism. Particularly useful when ruling bodies are seen as not doing the job they should be doing. They either clean up the trash or devise a method that disallows this (e.g., an item that needs to be traded to initiate bite. Both parties have to approve trade before it processes).

You assume that ZOS is not doing anything bout it.
    The issue with naming and shaming and why it is wrong (black wrong and not grey wrong) is cause there is no trial. We have to believe the word of the namer and shamer. The evidence provided can't be judged impartially and can be manufactured. Yes just like scammers, there are people taking advantage of a naming and shaming system to bully people in a personal conflict.

Also, it is not just against the rules of this game, it is against the user agreement. Naming and shaming elsewhere also means you risk your account. Report scammers to support and more important learn from the misjudgement you had that got you scammed.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Ranique wrote: »
    Report scammers to support and more important learn from the misjudgement you had that got you scammed.

Also learn to be patient, there are many guilds and individuals that are biting people for free, it just takes a little time to get around to people. If people stopped paying others for bites there would be no need to name and shame even if it was allowed
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    Sorry my earlier post bore bad news, but I really recommend changing your original post to not include his/her name as well as remove the picture. Not only is this in poor taste but by blatantly ignoring the rules you are not only incriminating yourself, but you are being no better then he was.
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that we do not allow the naming of individuals on our official forum. Doing so is neither constructive nor is within the spirit of our Code of Conduct. We understand that you may have been wronged but if you feel that someone is violating our Terms of Service, we ask that you report them in-game as opposed to creating a thread on the forums. Both @krumhur and @Ranique were correct with the information that they provided which directly naming will only cause more trouble from others such as both true and false accusations posted.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edit: @Pizzonage was also correct as normally if a thread was opened for naming and shaming, we would immediately close the thread but as scamming is a rising issue, it is best to provide you all with the proper avenue in which to report scammers. Sorry @Pizzonage
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on July 14, 2015 12:43PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • jeremynever_die
    ZOS_ArtG wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that we do not allow the naming of individuals on our official forum. Doing so is neither constructive nor is within the spirit of our Code of Conduct. We understand that you may have been wronged but if you feel that someone is violating our Terms of Service, we ask that you report them in-game as opposed to creating a thread on the forums. Both @krumhur and @Ranique were correct with the information that they provided which directly naming will only cause more trouble from others such as both true and false accusations posted.

Thanks for your understanding.

Exactly what i tell everyone else to do. Thank you for clarifying and recognizing those two who know the rules.
    XB1 Gamertag: SamusNever Die
    Daggerfall Covenant: Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant: Nightblade
    Aldmeri Dominion: Dragon Knight
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    And for disregarding the first guy to say that it was directly against ToS.
  • baconrowles
    well i will hold my hands up and say i apologise for not following the t's and c's but i did so with the best intentions
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    My only tip is search his account name on this find which guild recruitment he posted in then message his gms at least then you can feel vilified.
  • alawther93
    [snip] is a WW bite scammed - DO NOT TRUST HIM

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on July 18, 2015 11:27AM
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    @alawther as stated before naming and shaming is against the ToS you agree to please edit your post or zenimax will do it for you.
This discussion has been closed.