The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar PVE healer gear.

colejames
colejames
Hello Guys/Girls,

I’m trying to decide which amour to craft for VET ranks.

I was looking at crafting 5x seducer and 4x Magnus. Am I correct in saying you can’t have 5x seducer and 5x Magnus?

I see a lot of people saying they use two sets of 5x which got me confused, as there is only 9 amour pieces. Or does the weapon count as the 10th piece?

Kind Regards,

James
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    colejames wrote: »
    Hello Guys/Girls,

I was looking at crafting 5x seducer and 4x Magnus. Am I correct in saying you can’t have 5x seducer and 5x Magnus?

I see a lot of people saying they use two sets of 5x which got me confused, as there is only 9 amour pieces. Or does the weapon count as the 10th piece?

Kind Regards,

James

About the two 5 pieces bonuses: there are 3 jewelry slots, 7 armor slots and 1 or 2 weapon slot (depending on what weapon you use). So all in all there are 11 or 12 slots. If you want to use two 5 pieces bonuses you have to get jewelry pieces with set bonuses. Since they can't be crafted, you have to loot or buy them. But I wouldn't recommend buying jewelry at low vet ranks.

If you are using a restoration staff (2-handed weapon) you will have 8 slots for which you can craft set pieces. 5x seducer and 3x magnus is ok for leveling I'd say. For endgame, get yourself healer's habit jewelry and combine with some other sets.
    Edited by DschiPeunt on June 30, 2015 4:46PM
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good set would be 4 seducers, 4 magnus, and 4 Healers set. That gives you a good magicka pool with good regen
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    A good set would be 4 seducers, 4 magnus, and 4 Healers set. That gives you a good magicka pool with good regen

But then he has to use 2 swords and can't use a resto staff...

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • colejames
    colejames
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    Hello Guys/Girls,

Kind Regards,

James

About the two 5 pieces bonuses: there are 3 jewelry slots, 7 armor slots and 1 or 2 weapon slot (depending on what weapon you use). So all in all there are 11 or 12 slots. If you want to use two 5 pieces bonuses you have to get jewelry pieces with set bonuses. Since they can't be crafted, you have to loot or buy them. But I wouldn't recommend buying jewelry at low vet ranks.

If you are using a restoration staff (2-handed weapon) you will have 8 slots for which you can craft set pieces. 5x seducer and 3x magnus is ok for leveling I'd say. For endgame, get yourself healer's habit jewelry and combine with some other sets.

Many thanks, that clears that up. I completely forgot waists when working out what amour slots there was. So to confirm could you craft a Magnus restro staff for example? I wasn't sure if you could have the sets bonuses on a weapon as well.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Guys/Girls,

Kind Regards,

James

Many thanks, that clears that up. I completely forgot waists when working out what amour slots there was. So to confirm could you craft a Magnus restro staff for example? I wasn't sure if you could have the sets bonuses on a weapon as well.

Yes, any set you can craft as armour you can also craft weapons for.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Seducer and Magnus combo is all you need. Make sure you have good enchants and traits on that gear. That will be very impactful as well. So if you used infused trait with a max magicka enchant then you are adding just that much more magicka to your build.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Seducer and Magnus combo is all you need. Make sure you have good enchants and traits on that gear. That will be very impactful as well. So if you used infused trait with a max magicka enchant then you are adding just that much more magicka to your build.

If you are using the mage as mundus stone, you should put infused on head, chest and legs (the big pieces) and divines on the small pieces (shoes, shoulders, hands, waist). That adds the most magicka to your build.

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • colejames
    colejames

If you are using the mage as mundus stone, you should put infused on head, chest and legs (the big pieces) and divines on the small pieces (shoes, shoulders, hands, waist). That adds the most magicka to your build.

Thank you every one!

Do you think the Mage stone is better then The Ritual for a pve healer?

• Addihul
    Addihul
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what your goals are and where your current stats are. Do you have 1k mana regen or more? If so, go mage, apprentice, or shadow. Is your mana regen around 1k, your magika at 32k+? Then go apprentice or shadow. Mage is probably the most common though. I think ritual will be overkill for you if you are going pure healer gear like you mentioned. You're already going to be a mana regenning beast. Plus, just popping mutagen/regen before fights is about all you need in dungeons. You don't even need that really. You should be focusing on how to maximize your DPS at this point IMO.
    Pevara La'Roche - NA / DC - The Order of Mundus - http://orderofmundus.com