The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB, TEMPLAR OR SORC

darthdeidara
Hey guys after a bit of advise I've decided on 3 that look interesting I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these classes? I'm looking for a dps build that isn't to difficult to get the hang of.

im looking at

nb magicka build

Templar dps

sorc
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    if its for pve i think templar is the easiest to get the hang of

if this is for pvp ill go with sorc very fun and very strong
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • darthdeidara
    I do like the look of templar but unsure of how to go about doing it as a dps build
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres ease of effective play in order for PvP and PvE for dps builds (I chose the best way of DPS for each class, assuming you dont care how you dps, just as long as you do)
    PvP - Sorc -> NB -> DK -> Templar
    PvE - Templar -> DK -> NB -> Sorc
    I do like the look of templar but unsure of how to go about doing it as a dps build

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/jabsmania-templar-stamina-dd-build-for-update-1-6/
    Everything you need to know.
    Edited by Erlex on June 30, 2015 12:54PM
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    Erlex wrote: »
    Heres ease of effective play in order for PvP and PvE for dps builds (I chose the best way of DPS for each class, assuming you dont care how you dps, just as long as you do)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/jabsmania-templar-stamina-dd-build-for-update-1-6/
    Everything you need to know.

yes i think he got it right on the spot
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erlex wrote: »

Yeah spot on. PvE/PvP in ESO right now is like these parallel/mirror universes, where everything is upside down. Switch to the other and your class goes from god-mode to mediocre.

Really wish the future holds more balance or equality. Never been a fan of this "PvP classes" so they cant be as effective in PvE and vice versa. I dont think ESO is the right game for it, when the philosophy is suppose to be "play the way you want to".

• darthdeidara
    Hmm okay so I may need two separate characters one for pvp and one for pve alough including switch to healing with the templar in pvp I guess
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys after a bit of advise I've decided on 3 that look interesting I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these classes? I'm looking for a dps build that isn't to difficult to get the hang of.

im looking at

nb magicka build

Templar dps

sorc

keep the sorc and kill them all :)

sorc is the best class ever for soloing, and in pvp look at this @LegendaryMage
    Edited by BurtFreeman on June 30, 2015 1:47PM
  • darthdeidara
    Haha that would take me being very good at being a sorc.... I doubt my level of skill is that high lol
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭
    I like my stamina templar for vet DSA, my Sorc for pvp and my magica NB as a change up. I think you need all three :)
  • darthdeidara
    I think I will give a templar dps build a go :smile: seems to be the most survivable to me I think it will take a lot of tweaking to get a build right for it though
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    I think I will give a templar dps build a go :smile: seems to be the most survivable to me I think it will take a lot of tweaking to get a build right for it though

templar is almost immortal, the following build is fine by the way levelling in pve, i will say the best easy way:

bar 1 low lwvel:
    rushed cerimony > breth of life (you are almost immortal and a good healer too for small group)
    puncturing strikes > puncturing sweep (crowd control and healing too... unbelivable)
    piercing javelling > binding javelling (you have a stamina knock back stun)
    sun fire > reflective light (damage over time and major prophecy - spell crit)
    solar flare > solar barrage (set up with empowering damage)

bar 1 advanced
    breth of life
    backlash > puryfing light
    radiant destruction > radiant oppression
    binding javelling
    reflective light

bar 2 up to you :)

something like:
    rune focus, healing ward, puncturing sweep, repentance, purifyng ritual.

as you see, there are no weapons skill, just go with heavy attack

• pepperybrine
    pepperybrine
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade does an insane amount of damage, but the templar had some great attacks to, i am templar and i haven't really played the other classes, butthe templar skill solar prison (nova morph) can do a lot of damage to. Nightblade and sorcerer are good for pvp. But templar is very good for pve and dungeons.
    Character: Skjorff Chilheart the WolflikeTankyswankyhulk, BLOOD FOR THE PACT
    Guild: The Eet-Team
    Pc Eu server
    Skooma is bad, and beer is bad also, so don't do drugs kids, they are bad, skooma is bad
  • pepperybrine
    pepperybrine
    ✭✭✭
    And uuuh..... U go to the ebonheart pact!!!!
    Nord for the win
    Character: Skjorff Chilheart the WolflikeTankyswankyhulk, BLOOD FOR THE PACT
    Guild: The Eet-Team
    Pc Eu server
    Skooma is bad, and beer is bad also, so don't do drugs kids, they are bad, skooma is bad
  • darthdeidara
    Thanks guys this is really handy for learning what skills to start with :smile: also what ratio with the skill points would you suggest in magicka ect
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever you decide, remember to take the morph of the class skill that uses the pool which fuels your attacks. Magicka or stamina. For example, if you build a stamina Templar, then decide to take the Puncturing Sweep morph of Puncturing Strikes, the damage will be terrible and the skill will be expensive because it's a magicka morph.

Not all skills have morphs that can go stamina or magicka, but when they do, and if you want the skill, go with whichever matches your damage pool.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • darthdeidara
    Around what level does that happen?
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if it was:

Skills morphs aren't dependent on your level, but rather whenever the skill itself reaches rank IV. New skills are opened up when the entire skill tree reaches particular levels. Skills that are near the top of the tree tend to level much quicker than skills at the bottom. So Puncturing Strikes will seem to fly from rank I to rank IV, whereas Sun Shield, the very bottom skill in Aedric Spear, will kind of take forever.
    Edited by likewow777 on June 30, 2015 9:02PM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • darthdeidara
    likewow777 wrote: »

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if it was:

Skills morphs aren't dependent on your level, but rather whenever the skill itself reaches rank IV. New skills are opened up when the entire skill tree reaches particular levels. Skills that are near the top of the tree tend to level much quicker than skills at the bottom. So Puncturing Strikes will seem to fly from rank I to rank IV, whereas Sun Shield, the very bottom skill in Aedric Spear, will kind of take forever.

Yeah it was aimed at you sorry :smile: ah thanks I'll keep that in mind so I have to pick the option that is relevant so if I'm going for a stamina build over magicka I would pick the morphs to do with stamina