The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

so *** sick of the WebGet rquest failed

EvilEmpire
EvilEmpire
✭✭✭
a year and half into the game, and they still haven't fixed this stupid ***. download starts, makes a little progress, then fails. Now I'm just stuck at 4% and can't do *** about it.

for ***'s sake ESO, fix your *** launcher/updater.
  • Dravecailean
    I have a 100M connection, I download at 4kbps so I feel you.

In my case is either because TESO hates China or the other way around.
  • ZombieTech
    ZombieTech
    ✭✭
    Same here. A bit outside San Francisco, CA. Tested network connection, everything in between modem, router, and system... also getting the same issue. It's either "HTTP request failed", "download stalled", etc. -_-

PS - Can't even get mine to start, it's sitting at 0%... originally saw it saying a speed of 8.4k/sec which eventually picked up to a bit over 20k/sec before it died completely. Everything else online is working smooth and fine. :neutral:

EDIT: Pausing/Resuming gives the same issues. When I close launcher and restart, it gets all the way up to 58.6k/sec (and even managed to jump up to a whole whopping 2% complete), then I get download stalled, if I wait a bit, eventually I get the WegGet Request failed bit. But if I leave it sitting, seems to auto-resume... it's downloading again now, but only at 58.8k now... whoops, and right as I type this, again, WebGetrequestfailed. >_< Now it seems like the only way to keep it going is to constantly pause and resume... omg, this is ridiculous... gotta' love modern-technology where you have to babysit the update/download every second of the way. :(
    Edited by ZombieTech on June 30, 2015 2:43AM
    S ▫ i ▪ M ▫ i ▪ L ▫ a ▪ R -^†^- C ▪ r ▫ E ▪ a ▫ T ▪ u ▫ R ▪ e ▫ S

★☆★☆★ ♪ 32 Year \☺/ Gaming-Veteran ♫ ★☆★☆★ [Confucius says]: ボウタイされている根本的な ~and~ 不要惊慌实际男子爱耶稣

My RIG: { FX-6300 3.5ghz [OC-able to 4+ghz] 6-Core (Tower), 8gb Ram, AMD Radeon HD R7 250 /w 2gb vRam, Win 8.1 64-Bit & Ubuntu 14.04 Dual-Boot/VirtualBox, 46" Samsung ultra-conversion 3D HDTV, & PS3 Gamepad + XPadder FTW! }
  • Dravecailean
    I have paused and resumed all the way a couple of times (the whole game that is) so I'm quite used to that yeah. Can't put it overnight so I just do it while I work.

I had a spike of 1200KB/s for 2 seconds, yay...
  • TonyL
    TonyL
    Soul Shriven
    As you said; a year and half into the game and they haven't fixed this yet. Its disgusting.