Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar or DK?

PartTimePinsent
I'm looking to make a new character to level when my friend is busy. I've narrowed it down to either a DK or Templar but Im wondering if anyone is able to tell me which is better in the long run :) Also, I plan to get a wearwolf bite so Im wondering if that plays a part in to what I should make because I heard that its stamina based. If I was to make a DK what attributes should I focus on (Health, Magicka, Stamina) and the same for Templar? Really hope someone can help me with this :)
NFLD -
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    If you are going to want to pvp a lot I would go sorc or nightblade they are better than dk and templar atm but between the two DK is better imo.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    But comes down to what you find enjoyable my main is a templar and I have tired the other classes but I find my templar more fun to play despite being on the bottom pvp wise.
    Invictus

• PartTimePinsent
    Hmm maybe Ill level my nightblade again.
    NFLD -
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember its all about play style I have a v14 sorc that can dominate in pvp but I don't find him enjoyable like I do with my templar.
    Invictus

• iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    Just remember its all about play style I have a v14 sorc that can dominate in pvp but I don't find him enjoyable like I do with my templar.

Same. Lvling a dk atm though. Nb and sorc playstyle are not my cup of tea. Dk and templar are. To bad they suck now but what are you going to do...
  • PartTimePinsent
    I have a v4 Sorc and I actually find it hard to kill Templars. Then again Im a Restoration/DPS build which doesnt do the best DPS. So I've decided to make a Templar. Are you able to tell me what I should focus on? Like Magicka, Health, and Stamina? I plan to get a werewolf bite when possible and I heard that it's attacks are stamina based.
    NFLD -
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a PvE'er I would roll templar. With a magicka build you can dps, tank, support and heal, only switching some gear around. You can also play stamina for insane dps. So much flexibility in PvE templars and easy to find groups.

DK is great if you want to tank or do top fire based magicka dps in PvE. But DK's still cant keep an entire group of mongrels alive in PvE, while both tanking the boss, explaining mechanics, raging and healing everyone lol. They also cant heal the group, while using a dps build.

For PvP I would roll DK. Templars are lacking a bit in PvP right now. Not enough survivability, cc and burst to pull of high end dmg builds. But if you go for survival, you cant kill anything and still die. You can join a raid and heal/beam and stuff, but gets boring fast. DK's are slightly more robust or capable in PvP, but also out-shined by sorc or NB.
  • PartTimePinsent
    Such a tough decision haha! Damn. I plan on doing both PvE and PvP but mostly PvE. If I do decide to make a DK should I focus on Magicka over Stam/Health?
    NFLD -
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a tough decision haha! Damn. I plan on doing both PvE and PvP but mostly PvE. If I do decide to make a DK should I focus on Magicka over Stam/Health?

Yes
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you choose, don't judge templar with their boring jabs and dawn's wrath skills. You can do better than than. :wink:

and boo PvE :D They are top notch in pve tho
    Edited by Soris on June 28, 2015 5:49PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    Ernest145 wrote: »

Same. Lvling a dk atm though. Nb and sorc playstyle are not my cup of tea. Dk and templar are. To bad they suck now but what are you going to do...

DK sucks? What game you playing? They are the second strongest pvp class right now.