The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

taking a break from pvp until the meta shifts :(

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
too much full [snip] DPS meta atm. with the removal of softcaps and the reduction in health its simply become a burst game. add to this bugs like sharpened maces/mauls bypassing around 70% armor making the burst meta even stronger.

I actually rolled a noob to mess around on black water and that was fun, if you got other mid level players you could have some good extended fights. of course the level 45+ 200+cp try hards are still around but that's just the way it is.

I have had fun bursting people, and getting burst down myself. but now its just boring. combined with the mobility creep of exp+bow, rollerbladers, bubble+streakers, you either burst someone down or they run, or you get burst down or run.

there are not really fights anymore, no struggle back and forth, just pop and death one way or the other, the end.

sad face

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 28, 2015 6:39PM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I blame you

The game was actually better when everybody was putting 62 points into health
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Can't say I blame you

The game was actually better when everybody was putting 62 points into health

Agree.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    bring 1.5 back!
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Rather have OP dks than how it is now
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    fully agree, please bring back 1.5 was so much better, better fights that actually were fights instead just trying to insta kill everyone :(
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have softcaps back. Seems like it would fix a lot of problems by toning down the more extreme builds.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    Would be nice to have softcaps back. Seems like it would fix a lot of problems by toning down the more extreme builds.
    Not to mention giving people the leeway to play the races they enjoy, as opposed to building an entire concept around a single set of passives.

Good call.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Certain builds are too strong I agree. However its a lot better then just having 1 build too strong back in 1.4.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certain builds are too strong I agree. However its a lot better then just having 1 build too strong back in 1.4.
    At least pre 1.5 it was simple: DK is OP, watch out for DK. Thankfully, they had no mobility nor escape skills. so eventually they'd always end up dead.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on June 29, 2015 12:03PM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad to see im not the only one.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    At least pre 1.5 it was simple: DK is OP, watch out for DK. Thankfully, they had no mobility nor escape skills. so eventually they'd always end up dead.

Except most of Cyrodiil was OP DK's. Can't watch out for an entire faction of OP DK's.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

Except most of Cyrodiil was OP DK's. Can't watch out for an entire faction of OP DK's.

You could still counter that *** though. Now it's just all fatty nightblades screaming boom headshot at their computers.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 29, 2015 6:22PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    too much full [snip] DPS meta atm. with the removal of softcaps and the reduction in health its simply become a burst game. add to this bugs like sharpened maces/mauls bypassing around 70% armor making the burst meta even stronger.

I actually rolled a noob to mess around on black water and that was fun, if you got other mid level players you could have some good extended fights. of course the level 45+ 200+cp try hards are still around but that's just the way it is.

I have had fun bursting people, and getting burst down myself. but now its just boring. combined with the mobility creep of exp+bow, rollerbladers, bubble+streakers, you either burst someone down or they run, or you get burst down or run.

there are not really fights anymore, no struggle back and forth, just pop and death one way or the other, the end.

sad face

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]

Why U slam the rollerbladers??

[sad face]
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Now it's just all fatty nightblades screaming boom headshot at their computers.

Wat, did I miss something?
    My Nightblade is squishier than ever, being one shot/bursted down in, sometimes, LESS THAN A SECOND, and can hardly make a dent in other classes HP. Nightblades are the easiest to kill as a Nightblade.
    Templar, maybe.
    Dragonknight, maybe.
    Sorcerer, RUN AWAY OR LOG OUT.

The state of Cyrodiil is making me lose interest in this game too, ZOS has failed extraordinarily with the PvP that they promised us. I enjoyed PvP in beta and a couple weeks after release more than this zergfest.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

You could still counter that *** though. Now it's just all fatty nightblades screaming boom headshot at their computers.
    as they are "boom headshots" them selfes wich is a significant improvement compared to former nearly invul EMPs...

i mean DKs...
    Edited by Tankqull on July 1, 2015 10:33PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion bringing back softcaps would be a major step in fixing the current horrid state in PvP. Second would be reducing Nirns effectiveness.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - PvP is a complete steaming pile of ....

Bomb blobs, spike one-shots, 'shields up captain' and infinity dodging - all requiring zero skill.

So. Damn. Boring.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is in the worst state of balance since launch, bugs out the wazoo, broken exploitable mechanics and some people stream on twitch while using the broken perma camo hunter and use known exploits right there in front of your eyes, if people like that would get a ban once in awhile it might send a message.
    The lack of anything happening and ZOS not giving the community any kind of pep talk or anything to raise the morale, it kind of disheartens me a bit, I watch the ESO live shows and I enjoy them but they need to tackle some issues important to the community. The we are working on console release is not an excuse they can use any longer. PC players have been on hold for far to long now.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on July 2, 2015 10:53AM
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The era of the broken vamps was kind of worse tho. Pre patch 1.1. Also 30 minutes loading screens to enter Cyrodiil. Spamming bash did way more dps than using actual skills.

I'd say 1.6 comes in second, only slightly better than the first messy month after launch. Definitely second worse period in this games PvP history.

I would to roll-back 1.5 any day. I even take OP DK's back.

Would also like to know ZOS plans and visions for the combat aspect of PvP. Because if this is their creative vision or goal, where PvP is a solid mix of zerg-blobs and instagibb builds, than I'm not so sure I will keep playing.

These "playstyles" are also heavily connected to each other. When you make in-game changes that strengthens the blob, the most viable option small scale players have is stacking burst, ganking + escape. When you buff burst builds, allowing less than 1 sec TTK, than players will naturally stack even harder in even larger raids, to avoid getting insta-killed.

ZOS should study Blackwater Blade some more, in my opinion.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problems with PVP at the moment are:

1. The Purge Zerg Meta Blob - This is the nonsense that brings the red ping that there is currently no counter for...you have a 24 man raid, sometimes 2 full raids, with a fraction of those people spamming Purge and Heals and they are impossible to kill. They are immune to any siege fire, and The only counter is another 24/48 man zerg and then you must hope the lag favors you and your stuff registers before theirs does while everyone spams impulse, steel tornado, etc. sounds fun eh?.

2. Ineffective Siege Siege is rendered completely useless by Purge. The tradeoff is too good. when manning a siege weapon the Siege weapon is clunky, takes time to unload, has a very slow fire rate, costs AP to buy, takes up an inventory slot, and its operator is completely vulnerable and a sitting duck while using it....this is all countered by a ridiculously cheap skill called Purge that can be spammed endlessly by any magic build.

3. Player Skills doing more damage then Siege Weaponry You can pull a Snipe from stealth and do more damage then being hit by a 350 pound flaming piece of rock launched from a Treb...and we wonder why this game is a zerg fest. What more can i say.

4. Damage Shield's Mitigating Siege Damage - Come on ZOS..my Hardened Ward, Barrier, or any other damage shield should not be mitigating siege damage...i can take a direct hit from a Cold Fire Siege weapon and survive with 1 Purge in Light Armor all because of my damage shield. Siege should ignore 100% of damage shields period and hit your health pool for full damage.

5. Clouding Swarm - Being able to use all your skills and attack while your Invisible possibly couldn't be overpowered in the slightest...(Sarcasm). All while doing AOE damage that moves with you. Sorcs have it easier then most as we can simply bolt away when they vanish, but everyone else...hope you have lots of AOE. Might as well allow Nightblades to attack for the full duration of their Cloak, and Allow me to attack while invisible with my Invis Pots for the full duration without it breaking my Invis because thats pretty much what it is. Fix it ZOS..they can stay Invisible but the minute they use an ability on their bar, that invis should be broken and should not be re-applied. The Ultimate would be powerful enough as an AOE with invisibility, allowing the use of skills while staying Invisible is just too much. This is more powerful then Negate ever was and look at the nerf bat we took....

Make Oil Catapult Snare and Meatbag Catapult Healing Debuff un-purgable(Meatbag healing debuff can stack twice, Oil Catapualt Snare not removable with shuffle, rapid manuevers, or purge) and the state of PVP becomes much better as these giants blobs will then be counterable and killable by something other then another large zerg, and maybe Cyrodiil won't be a red ping paradise half the time

Hopefully these issues are sorted out at some point because its really taken a toll on the PVP pop in the game.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came back to the game last week after having quit for 3 months... don't know what I expected to be honest. Every patch just keeps getting worse and worse. I can't play for more than a few hours before vomiting. I'd say 1.5 was the best, my personal opinion and just by judging how many guildies and friends left the game. I'd say 1.5 was a sweet spot, it had its issues, sure. But I'll gladly take that than the current meta. People complain about DKs, they've been nerfed every patch because of crybabies not knowing how to counter and mindlessly shooting with their nooby bowtard skills into a flappy-flap DK.

DKs have NO MOBILITY. They cannot escape. If you're outnumbered, a Sorc can get away, a NB can get away, as a DK you have one choice, wipe them all, which in the current state of Cyrodiil is unlikely unless you're emperor or they're a bunch of noobs, or just accept your fate and die.

Here I am sitting on 38k spell resistance and 20k armour getting hit by 14k proximity detonations and 15k+ snipes by some random scrub that sits on a rock with a bow 40 yards away. It's an utter joke and snipe has been the most ridiculous OP skill for months now, and why it hasn't been nerfed yet is beyond me.

Nightblades are ridiculous. Not even going to discuss this, they need a serious nerf. That, along with infinite dodge rolling. You might as well not bother fighting them and just let them kill you and then watch your death recap.

"ah nice, 16k soul harvest"
    "oh look, *insert NB skill here, 10k damage out of nowhere"

Half of the time my character actually dies while the animation still shows that my character is standing. Desyncs are everywhere, I die before I can even react and literally the game registers that my character is already dead while my health bar still shows that I have 30% health.

What is that you say? Nightblades are not overpowered? Alright, lets give them invisibility and healing while were at it, and lets also make them move faster than the speed of light. Even with a detection potion NBs are just silly.

Purge needs to be nerfed into the ground. Siege is useless, anything with healing reduction is useless, anything that can be purged is pretty much useless when fighting a zerg or player that uses purge.

I haven't experienced too much lag lately, there still is lag but it used to be worse I think. Still, large scale battles result in me having 20-30 fps with a GTX970 and an i5 3570k. Even a friend of mine that has a GTX TITAN has the same or sometimes worse performance than I have. It's completely unacceptable. Even with the lag and poor performance, I've learned to live with it that ZOS is incapable of fixing it so I just want them to address the balance issues as every time they've tried to improve the performance they've made it worse.

About Sorcs though, they're fine. And this is coming from a DK. If Sorc shields should get nerfed then that's unacceptable, without shields a Sorc is paper. Literally.

/rantover
    Edited by ThyIronFist on July 2, 2015 3:44PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThyIronFist unfortunetly i have to agree with you and all of this makes me to think more and more about quitting the game... There was a time (1.5) when i had 3 vr chars and all of them was fun to play, i was switching between them and was enjoying the different play styles. Now theres just one left. And the changes they want to implement will make the things only worse...
    Edited by Mayrael on July 3, 2015 9:59AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge