The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(suggestion) Vampirism potion

Smogtears
Smogtears
Soul Shriven
Since many people are murdering bloodfiends and werewolves, I wish could have some kind of new potion in crown store which gives user vampirism. That will be really nice.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Thank you for suggesting on the forums what all the actual players in game are asking for.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will warn you that I had a thread

vampirism and lycanthtropy as crown store items

The forum trolls and the very people charging for bites die not like the suggestion at all.

They will comment and call you dumb or insult you in an attempt to get a code violating quote, they repeat the quote and report each instance to spam the mods until the thread gets locked.

Just be warned. These guys are making real money off of new players and sometimes even pretending to offer bites and taking money then logging off.

Just be nice and thank even the meanest comment for raising awareness about the issue.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having said that, I think we agreed that a 20,000 crown store price point.

I value infections in the crown store about as much as a horse. No more.

Its available in game already and would really only be a convenience item.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos has already offered the imperial race which offers a unique skill line of racial passives.
    They are unobtainable in normal gameplay unlike a horse or horse training.

So offering infections on the crown store is actually a conservative step in terms of offerings.

Great post by the way.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many players are being tricked into offering money to players for the false promise of a vampire bite.

Its a shame that such a great console community has been marred by a herd of bite trolls.

I also find actually selling bites to other players about as repugnant as false offering it.

Especially in light of some jerks going to the spawns and killing the fiends.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infections in the crown store would help the player base like that are being conned by idiot loser trolls.
    Trolls have created a rare case where zos adding an item to the crown store would make them a hero to the majority of the player base and create a chance to generate revenue.

Infections in the crown store are a win win.

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dat mentality, though...

It was bad on PC in the beginning as well. Once the population of vampires and werewolves increases, the prices will drop. Please stop making these knee-jerk requests to put up everything for real money. How is that different from players offering to hand it out for real money?

Be patient, most of the spawn camping idiots will lose interest after a while and you can get vampirism or lycantropy by the intended means. I went through that phase on PC, my personal solution was to play the game. The second I placed a foot into my Cadwell's Silver territory, I went to the last area - et voila, vampire spawns uncontested. I wasn't the first vamp nor the most diligent one - by now I'm a werewolf anyways - but I never paid for any bite. In the meantime, I have both vamp and wolf on my main faction and wolf on my alt's faction and hand it out for free on cooldown.

Please just be patient. Don't wake the sleeping Dragon of p2w fatalists.
    Edited by Leandor on June 25, 2015 12:00PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suggestions to sell methods of bypassing game mechanics should always be considered very carefully. Bite scammers are toxic to the console community and I think we all understand how frustrating the situation is right now. However, if you think about it long term and look at PC experiences, you will see it in a different light. It was the same on PC at launch - no, it was worse because broken vamp skills ruled PvP. Fast forward a few months, bites are a dime a dozen. It will happen on consoles too, given enough time. Selling bites in the crown store would speed up this process, but it would also strip down a layer of social interactions from the game and cheapen (ha) the experience. With the end result likely identical (easily available bites), I'd prefer to avoid involving the crown store. Skills are meant to be acquired by playing, not paying.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks but no.

The sky won't fall if infections are offered in the store.

The imperial edition is a worse offense that vamp potions would ever be and the game is just fine with that skill line.

No. Waiting for bite trolls and spawn campers to have their fun and spoil newcomers experience is not an acceptable solution

Just wait it out?

No.

Infection potions in the crown store would stop trolls, answer the wants of the player base, and generate revenue for zos without changing the balance of game play.

Infections in the crown store is a win win.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh but game balance will be thrown off if players can control how to they access content such as vampirism?

Would it be better if players had more control over their gaming experience or some loser bite charger ?

Zenimax has the chance to actually give more control over their experience by adding infections to the crown store.

I hate bullies being allowed to trick and cajole a very nice player community.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mrskinskull We'll have to agree to disagree. But just a friendly advice: please try to collect your thoughts in one post, your double (or sextuple...) posting unnecessarily inflates the thread.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My view point:

Neither vampirism not lycanthropy is meant to be easily attainable. You have to almost complete the main story line until you have the chance to acquire it. The limitations on the spawns are there for a purpose: You either get it by accident or you are actively hunting for it. Story time.

"In a world where there are Vampires and Werewolves, there are also those who hate them for being different and hunt them down relentlessly. There are evil covens out there who will extort your very last piece of property before sucking you into their claws and make you a mindless drone.

Only very few have what it takes to break free. Those that have the patience. Those that excel in their tasks. Those that manage to overcome the blood rage and learn to use their powers unrestricted. These are those worthy of this blessing. These are those that don't view it as a curse.

Be one of those. Learn to be patient. Do not give in to your lesser instincts. And especially, do not give in to those covens. They will suck you dry and leave you as a hollow tusk. If you are worthy, we will come and find you. Even if it takes you to be veteran first."

Why do you need it right now? Before you can heavily invest into things like the damage reduction passives, appropriate glyphs, tailored equipment, etc. both vampirism and lycanthropy are more burden than help. Why do you think it was placed that far back? Before, you have neither the skill points nor the experience to actually reap any kind of benefit from vampirism.

Just read up some of the "help please" threads. Those are level 20 to 30 players who went for vampirism and now collectively fail in PvE because they are not prepared to deal with the downsides. Do you want to be cured after paying real life money for that? Do you want to get stuck because
    you will not survive Molag Bal's fire attacks?
    Can you imagine the outcry for refunds if they do that?

No, this whole "I want vampirism right now" is a very big mistake. Be happy that there are people advocating against it, because otherwise you may get what you wish for.

As a side remark: Please get used to the edit function for your post instead of double or quintuple posting. It really makes it easier to read and reply to you if you consolidate your thoughts into one post instead of 6 in a row.
    Edited by Leandor on June 25, 2015 1:04PM
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    @mrskinskull We'll have to agree to disagree. But just a friendly advice: please try to collect your thoughts in one post, your double (or sextuple...) posting unnecessarily inflates the thread.

People don't read long winded posts.

Small bite sized posts are more communication friendly.
    And thanks for helping to raise awareness about the need to have infection potions available in the crown store as a visible way to combat the bite bullies.
    Thanks and have a great day.
  • BrosephMcDudeBro
    Yeah, this skinskull guy is a real treat.

You know, people might take you seriously if you didn't have a drawn out, self-righteous conversation with yourself on this post. As it stands, you strike me as an entitled child who just can't stand having to actually work for something (in this case, a vampire/WW bite).

I agree with what Leandor said. You don't NEED it right now, you just WANT it right now. The two are not the same. Play the game, level up (the vampire skill will gimp you unless you're level 30+ because it is XP based, not kill based), and search the appropriate zone for a bite like we all did.
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

People don't read long winded posts.

Small bite sized posts are more communication friendly.
    And thanks for helping to raise awareness about the need to have infection potions available in the crown store as a visible way to combat the bite bullies.
    Thanks and have a great day.

"Bite sized posts" Using those words in a thread regarding Vamp and WW infections.. Well played Sir.. Well played
  • JayceStyles
    While I like the concept of the Vampire or Werewolf being bought in the crown store, I also liked the idea in the other thread that I think mrskinskull posted about [ Crown store will skin the player different than what they would have for actually working hard and getting the bite ].

I am on the fence, I see where everyone is coming from on the waiting, I waited till it was night time in game last night and got my werewolf bite with no hassle, all 3 of my vampire and 4 werewolf bites have all came from the spawns.

The problem is simple, people are spawn killing, I've seen a whole guild on ps4 with 5 lvl 40+ people at each spawn to try to kill them fast, but when you know their exact spawn points you can just sit in them spots and get infected before they die.

I wish ESOTU would make them have a guard like health bar so they can't be killed, but to be honest it isn't extremely hard to get the bite.

What is slowing a lot of people down is the fact they don't like to wait, they see the vampire/werewolf killed at one spot and try to rush to the other spot... all you need to do is just sit tight and they will spawn back there soon (this is how I got my bite when the ps4 guild was out and about).

While I don't see no problem with people buying it from the crown store. I also see no problem with waiting at a spot on the nights you know they will res. Like yesterday they were spawning and yet people were sitting at the werewolf shrine crying for bites when all they had to do was go to a spot to be bit.......
    Edited by JayceStyles on June 25, 2015 8:43PM
    | Youtube |
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    A vampirism potion seems a bit lore breaking as well as just plain ridiculous. However, a blood potion for vampires that reduces the flame damage they take would be awesome. And maybe a potion of constitution that reduces poison damage for werewolves.
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion
  • filsingerjon
    filsingerjon
    ✭✭
    No!!!!! Not another one of the stupid post about paying to vamp or were... Go earn the *** like most people.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag: JEAF7