Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The prisoner of jathsogur bugged

TSoul977
TSoul977
Can't complete this quest will someone fix this or does anyone know a way around it its a main story quest and i can't move on its rather bothersome and I've been waiting for 3-4 days
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a known issue and has been reported. It helps a lot if you fill in a bugreport.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • CuriousTraveler
    To complete this quest you will need to get everyone in the room, where the Silvernar is to go outside and go far enough to where is states you failed the quest. Then go back in to finish the quest.
  • CuriousTraveler
    And to be very clear, every single Player will need to get out of the room. And when you are out of the room every player needs to get far enough away to where it says you have failed the quest, we went to the a spot straight out the door, the small fenced in area
  • TSoul977
    TSoul977
    It took 2 days to get everyone to group up downstairs behind the wall it'll take forever to get them outside cause there are a few trolls that sit there and kill it on purpose to irritate people and I've reported it they told me to check forums for a solution and have a generic response "Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited customer support team!

Thank you very much for taking the time to report this to us, we're very sorry to hear that you encountered this bug.

When launching a game with a world as massive as Tamriel, there are sure to be a few issues. We're working around the clock to get the game running as smoothly as possible, and each report you send us helps!

Please keep an eye on our patch notes for information on what has been fixed with each update. You can find them here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

In the meantime if there is anything else I can help you with, or you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention and I will gladly address them for you."
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is not just a generic response. Yes it is a copy paste response from support cause they are not fixing it, but what they did is the following:

1: recognised you have an issue common to an issue others have and allready got reported to the devs (the guys who need to fix it)
    2: verified it is that issue is indeed the same
    3: told the devs that +1 person is suffering from the issue
    4: informed you that it is known and is reported.

specifically point 3 is important. A game like ESO indeed has many bugs. To decide what bugs needs to be solved with higher priority, they are all weighted. there are three things that are important in deciding this priority:
    a: the amount of people having this issue (that is why it is important that everyone who suffers from it, actually reports it and gets the copy paste reply from support).
    b: how game breaking the bug is (in this case the second highest priority cause it stops you from continuing the main story. the highest priority is not being able to play the game at all)
    c: how easy it is to solve it.

The last sounds strange, but if it takes a lot amount of time and they could have fixed 100 lower ranking bugs instead of just this one, that is important too.

So we know it scores high on B, and you did all you can to raise A, this means you did all you can to get it on the highest priority.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Kylarstern91
    No what he got was completely copy and paste. Exact same thing they said to me.