The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game is crashing as soon as it starts

DanielT27
DanielT27
So here's the problem, and like my title says.. as soon as I press "X" for my game to start, it crashes with error code CE-34878-0. Downloading 55GB again isn't really an option. I have a bandwidth limit and I'd have to pay just as much as I did for the game, if I use that much again. If there's no way to fix this on my console, I seriously hope there's a way to get a refund.
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    If you find a way (to get the refund), please let us know.
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Server: NA (North America)
    Client: PS4
    PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • DanielT27
    DanielT27
    Still happening, I deleted the game and re-installed. Will be contacting PSN for a refund.
  • DanielT27
    DanielT27
    Fixed it myself, by deleting my save data as well.

Thanks for the response to this post, or my email. What a useless company.
  • scoreupski
    You fixed this by deleting everything and redownloading the game?
  • DanielT27
    DanielT27
    scoreupski wrote: »

Correct!
  • scoreupski
    I'm going to try that! I hope it fixes mine. I was only able to play for 10 minutes before this happening
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    scoreupski wrote: »
    Did that about 6 or 7 times, problem always came back :/

Deleted the save file and game both this time, and will redownload tonight.
    Still trying to find a way to get a refund from PSN.

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • scoreupski
    call PSN customer support...they can do it and revoke the license on your game
  • scoreupski
    you'll get the amount in your wallet
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    good, if the "delete save game" and "delete/redownload/reinstall" combo tonight doesn't work, I'll call them at lunch tomorrow and get rid of this bug ridden mess.

• scoreupski
    that's why I bought the disc haha
  • scoreupski
    didn't fix it for me and I'm not wiping my ps4 to play just one game
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all. The steps listed in this ESOTU knowledge base article may help: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29777
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post