Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting Certification

Tight_Fade9
Tight_Fade9
Soul Shriven
It only gave me 2 of the 3 runes. When I went to grab the Oko Essence Rune it disappeared. I tried pick another so I could go back and retry it but he won't offer me another. Says something about going to Ancient Ruins to find more.
Any ideas what to do? I can't locate the Ancient Ruins
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try buying one at 1-an alchemy shop, 2-at a guild trader, or 3-from a friendly player in zone chat.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Try buying one at 1-an alchemy shop, 2-at a guild trader, or 3-from a friendly player in zone chat.
    Is the Alchemy Shop different from the Enchanting Shop? Because the Enchanters didn't have one
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... checked with my husband and he says that you are right - alchemists don't have them. But if you are on NA ask @Francis_Toliver in game mail or chat to send you one (he says he'd be happy to).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm... checked with my husband and he says that you are right - alchemists don't have them. But if you are on NA ask @Francis_Toliver in game mail or chat to send you one (he says he'd be happy to).

Ok thank you. Never sent an email in game but ill try it out real quick
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven

Ok says its an unknown player?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just explore your area for rune nodes. They are often found against wall, trees, rocks. Oko is an essence rune (yellow), and essence runes are fairly common, and Oko is one of the most common of essence runes. If you keep looking, you'll find one. Or you can try to buy or trade for one. No NPC merchant sells runes. You can find magica glyphs and extract them. There is a good chance of getting an Oko from that.
    Edited by Ourorboros on June 11, 2015 10:56PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Just explore your area for rune nodes. They are often found against wall, trees, rocks. Oko is an essence rune (yellow), and essence runes are fairly common, and Oko is one of the most common of essence runes. If you keep looking, you'll find one. Or you can try to buy or trade for one. No NPC merchant sells runes. You can find magica glyphs and extract them. There is a good chance of getting an Oko from that.

Ok ty. Any idea what Ancient Ruins they are talking about to find them?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well he is getting the same response as you 'unknown player' which makes me think you are not on the same server. He is NA; are you EU or one of the console servers?
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven
    Well he is getting the same response as you 'unknown player' which makes me think you are not on the same server. He is NA; are you EU or one of the console servers?

PS4 server
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then that won't work. there is no communication across servers.

The only other thing I could suggest is to offer in chat - but it sounds like console chat is a bit iffy.

I would try looking for a guild store - and it may be pricey.
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven
    Then that won't work. there is no communication across servers.

The only other thing I could suggest is to offer in chat - but it sounds like console chat is a bit iffy.

I would try looking for a guild store - and it may be pricey.

Yea no luck so far. Very frustrating. Can't complete the quest nor can I get anymore from him until I do
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'd suggest going to the guild/recruiting section of the forums and look for a guild on your server, ask for an invite and then talk to guildies or check out the guild store and/or bank.
  • Tight_Fade9
    Tight_Fade9
    Soul Shriven
    At this point I'd suggest going to the guild/recruiting section of the forums and look for a guild on your server, ask for an invite and then talk to guildies or check out the guild store and/or bank.

Ok I may try that thank you. Very odd that node just vanished like that during the quest. Extremely frustrating
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Ok ty. Any idea what Ancient Ruins they are talking about to find them?

No idea on the Ancient Ruin location, sounds very generic. I do recommend that you travel to your alliance starter island. Each of these starter areas is loaded with rune nodes. Nodes respawn in the same location, but the respawn is random, can be any of the three types of runes. This means you can learn the node locations and make a harvesting circuit. The same applies to other resource nodes, though only alchemy nodes are also random items.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancient Ruins is a catch-all for places with any of the following icons: 20px-ON-mapicon-AyleidRuin.png20px-ON-mapicon-DaedricRuin.png20px-ON-mapicon-DwemerRuin.png20px-ON-mapicon-Ruin.png

Also I posted this in your other thread on this topic:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Just for reference, that rune required for the certification should keep respawning in the same place over and over, so you could always try again later. There's also quite a lot of runes dotted around the starter areas, so you may run across one when doing another quest.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • killateraldmng7
    yeah i keep collecting then bank they will come in handy in future currently on my second try for this quest also the guy at the bank wasnt there so had to shut down 4 5min and hard start i hope i have the rite runes,it worked just explore and let the runes b secondary to exploration.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the dissapearing banker front (okay I suppose it's actually coinclerk, but same thing), do remember to wander around the bank and look for a crowd. Since 1.6 the bankers do not always stay in the same place any more.