Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snapping out of Overlord? (Ps4)

Homer
Homer
Soul Shriven
So I use Overlord and than I Summon A Storm Atronach and than my character is just stuck in Overlord mode can't use my bow and can't throw any thunderbolts. I've hit every button on my controller no use. Any help?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload is a toggle; you toggle it on and use the light/heavy attacks till you're out of ultimate or toggle it off again. If you think you're stuck in overload just hit 'R' (ultimate button) again. You can't use your atronach while overload is active cos they're both ultimates.

The overload toggle also provides you with a 3rd ability bar to use. I don't use overload offensively, partly cos I think it's a bit overpowered and hate it being used against me, but also cos I think the 3rd bar is more useful to me as a utility bar. I load it up with retreating maneuver, purge and other useful skills I don't really want on my main 2 bars.
    PC | EU
  • Homer
    Homer
    Soul Shriven
    Essentially I couldn't pull out any weapon. Only could use spells
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok yeah that's a glitch, looks like it was caused by swapping bars as you toggled overload. You shouldn't be able to even swap bars while overload is toggled, let alone use your other ultimate. Confirmed bug, nice find.
    PC | EU
  • Homer
    Homer
    Soul Shriven
    So no way out correct? only death cured him lol
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume so, never come across this bug before and I use overload constantly. I'm going to try to recreate it next time I'm on but I suspect it's a console only thing. Report it in the usual way (not sure what that is for console). You could always try a relog instead of dying. You could tag @ZOS_GinaBruno to gain their attention quicker. Hope you get it sorted.
    PC | EU
  • Homer
    Homer
    Soul Shriven