Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

So my 2 day trial of PS+ just expired.

Sausage
Sausage
✭✭✭✭✭
This game didnt require PS+ right? So why it keeps asking it.
  • MartyVendetta27
    It does require either PS+ or Xbox Live, depending on your console. It just doesn't require it's own subscription anymore.
    You can't see me. You can't see me. Neither can he. No one can see me.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres tons of stuff on the internet it does not need PS+

Just like this http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/01/28/elder-scrolls-online-wont-require-ps-but-will-require-xbox-live-gold/

Hopefully I get an answer, PS+ is so useless, I dont want to spend money on it.
    Edited by Sausage on June 11, 2015 9:53AM
  • Liptrot
    Liptrot
    ✭✭
    Sorry pal you definitely need ps plus to play online
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** this, Im gonna send a ticket.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/06/new-planetside-2-ps4-details-ps-plus-required-play/

Even Planetside 2 does not require PS+ anymore.

Just odd I even subbed to ESO plus on PS4 and nothing, restarted and everything. If this is some sick dev troll its good one.
    Edited by Sausage on June 11, 2015 11:31AM
  • LorenzoButtigieg
    LorenzoButtigieg
    ✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »

Just like this http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/01/28/elder-scrolls-online-wont-require-ps-but-will-require-xbox-live-gold/

That is very old news and was only speculations, Zenimax never said it won't need PS+ back in 2014.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a mess. Some say they put it back as it went B2P.

• Mushroombeard
    Mushroombeard
    ✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »

I'm sorry friend but it's always been clear that PS+ is required to play, this is a fact for every multipleyer game since the relase of PS4 so I don't know why you thought you were going to be able to play without it, but you have been misinformed my friends, only ESO Plus is no longer required, PS Plus will always be a requirement.
    Find what you love and let it kill you
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He read an article from a year and a half ago. This was before the b2p switch. So since you dont need to pay a sub you will need to pay for PSN +.
  • AbioticViper
    If you researched the game correctly you'd know it requires a PS+ subscriptions to play online. Owning the ESO sub only initials you to bonus's within the game nothing else.

Originally before the sub was dropped as mandatory to play the game you didnt alright. Alot changes in a year my friend sorry.
    PSN ID: AbioticViper
    Irish
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose so. I remember how they spreaded it everywhere on the internet and now they quietly take it back. Way to go, Zen.
  • CronoCloudAuron
    CronoCloudAuron
    Soul Shriven
    There's some confusing info out there on what games require PS+, it goes like this:

1. F2P games don't require it. By that it means that it's free to play, with no requirement of an upfront game purchase, or requirement of a in-game subscription. War Thunder is an example of a game like this.
    2. Games with a send-turn, play-by-mail feature don't require it. An example might be a chess game.
    3. Games that are purchased, that also require a monthly subscription, also don't require it. FFXIV is an example
    4. Games that you buy to play but don't have a required subscription DO require PS+. Examples being Diablo UEE, most shooters and yes TESO

• Jokersoul87
    They Didn't lie if you check the support and asked the question it would tell you as of now it will need playstation plus
  • Jokersoul87
    WILL YOU STILL NEED YOUR PLAYSTATION PLUS/XBOX LIVE SUBSCRIPTION TO PLAY ESO ON CONSOLES?
    Updated 05/11/2015 07:10 AM Published 01/21/2015 08:10 AM
    Yes. Players must have a PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live account to play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on PS4 and Xbox One, respectively.

Published back in January of 2015 before the game went to B2P a but they were clear as a bell
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a troll. I think Zen is making a mistake, this game isnt even nearly so good so they can ask PS+. Sales are already dropping, they didnt even reach top 1 at Amazon best seller list. Zen, drop off the PS+ and prepare for yourself for F2P. We all know that whats gonna happen. Get the game back on the track with massive expansion, thats your best move.
    Edited by Sausage on June 13, 2015 4:50AM
  • Hauztein
    Hauztein
    ✭✭✭
    The OP means that ps plus kickes him out of the service... Same here, i was kicked from eso.... and same with other people tonight... And i payed for one year... But says that i dont have a multiplayer privilege in my account...