The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

so... Patch 2.0.10 huh? am i the only one really off put by the total lack of real updates?

• Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they close this game down and remake a better Elder Scrolls MMO; so much promise yet so much fail.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    at least it's not sub based anymore, so I have an easier time shrugging it off... but yeah, OP is right.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to hope the console release goes well.

I have played most MMOs including those that closed down. When a MMO goes in a financial crysis they have to lay off some of the developers. MMOs that seriously fail, they lay off all the developers except an handful. At this point they become unable to deliver new content, all they can do is to release some small bug fixes.

So, you have to hope ESO keeps some financial fuel after console release, otherwise forget new cities and regions. I still recall in Warhammer Online we had a lot of "almost finished" assets (including capitals) however they couldn't even put those last finishing touches on them and release them.

Another factor that will weigh a lot is the cash shop.

The cash shop ESO got as of today has some big issues.
    I have studied both MMOs economy models and cash shops (those who got them) a lot. I am about to become a consultant for a known AAA title to study and improve their economy.

ESO economy is sound enough, mostly, thanks to having kept guild stores separated. But the cash shop is not healthy. There are a number of reasons why of that and also a couple of changes that would make it profitable enough to sustain a number of developers.
    Edited by Vahrokh on June 1, 2015 6:40AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't pay anymore and I sure as hell don't buy crowns to spent on worthless items. Since I PvP only the game feels small to me. To small to justify paying for anything.

I will keep playing PvP until November. Then, on the 6th, it is my birthday. If I get nothing I will remove it and never look back. Already I play less and less (witcher 3 and other cool stuff) and that's sad. I had such high hopes for this game and IP.
    Edited by Knootewoot on June 1, 2015 6:42AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Meh zos ruined all of their chances they had with tamriel unlimited, should've released A dlc pack with it but they didn't. Let's just count the days down until they inevitably destroy their game. Not long left

At one point I thought something different - I was biased, I've been waiting for this ever since I first played Morrowind so yeah; hopefully optimistic as it were.

Now though? What you've said wouldn't even come as a suprise at all.

There was another recent MMO which was a tragedy when it launched; then they took it away for a bit, brought the game back and it continues to go from strength to strength, with a subscription too - even though they re-branded, relaunched the game.

No idea what's going on here, I was really excited for content every 4 to 6 weeks, seems like I went to sleep for two days drunk, woke up and now TESO doesn't exist but TESO: TU does. I always thought this game was doing well to borderline really well.
    Edited by Teiji on June 1, 2015 1:04PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leshpar wrote: »
    ZOS said they were concentrating on console release. That hasn't happened yet so you really can't complain that they are doing what they said they would.

IIRC it took another developer on all three platforms about a mont or two to get an update through the CERT process or w/e hell its called.

Either way, ZoS should be done with console as thats probably been shipped for awhile. they're probably just wasting time banning forum goers for naming and shaming because they dont want to ban the exploiter.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    I m giving ESO time until WildStar goes F2P in autumn. After that i prefer going on a game where HUGE patches with new features goes live in quarterly basis. Where you have different inventory bags for your mats (how much i hate the lack of it in ESO) / wardrobe system (like D3 to unlock skins) / no skill pressing & animation delay / no lag issues / much endgame group content / daily reward quest system (like GW2) where you play in all areas / omnibits (crowns) can be bought also with gold and even more chance to be dropped by any game mob and many many more great features.

I like ESO and i m playing it daily, but if those problems OP mentioning remaining and no content arrives, then i ll be out and you know its not that i m alone to this. I have rl friends, guild m8's etc who are feeling the same and most of them will act the same. Most of them rarely log in anymore. Not everyone ofc will go to WS, thats only an example anyway or something i ll do, but they will be also out of ESO if this continues.
    Wood Elf Templar
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of players in my guilds have left ESO due to lack of content and there are more saying they are bored with the game and will be leaving soon. I am still playing but finding people to do dungeons etc with is becoming a pain. People that left also said that there is almost no incentive to do dungeons, trials etc. I really hope there will be new content very soon.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Meh zos ruined all of their chances they had with tamriel unlimited, should've released A dlc pack with it but they didn't. Let's just count the days down until they inevitably destroy their game. Not long left

At one point I thought something different - I was biased, I've been waiting for this ever since I first played Morrowind so yeah; hopefully optimistic as it were.

Now though? What you've said wouldn't even come as a suprise at all.

The was another recent MMO which was a tragedy when it launched; then they took it away for a bit, brought the game back and it continues to go from strength to strength, with a subscription too - even though they re-branded, relaunched the game.

No idea what's going on here, I was really excited for content every 4 to 6 weeks, seems like I went to sleep for two days drunk, woke up and now TESO doesn't exist but TESO: TU does. I always thought this game was doing well to borderline really well.

Well the content every 4 to 6 weeks was abolished five months ago. So there is know point in holding them too it anymore since they already stated that it was not happening. Zos wanted to let the game breathe a bit without making too many major changes hence why we have the long wait after Update 6 which changes a lot of the structure of the game and because of this they had to push back a lot of the content back because they had to change it to fit the new setup.

ZOS always compiles bug fixes and major changes for major updates which they have said is coming after console. This is nothing new so that is why a lot bug fixes never get fix because every time that add new stuff or bug fixes it just brings back old bugs anyway. Plus every time a change happens a new exploit appears and players are just going to exploit it which causes more problems down the line anyway. So most things will never be fixed.

There could be two reasons why they are so quiet about any new releases. The first could be because of releasing information early has cause problems before like the champion system because they changed from what was envision early and player got mad that they change it. They want to release knowledge of something when they feel they are just about ready to release it hence if they have not release info yet it is not ready. The other reason could be they are waiting to announced new info at E3. Since Bethesda Softworks is going to have a big conference there for the first time. It makes since that they will want them to release new info by then and if that is the reason then it is not ZOS fault but the higher management.

Well lets just wait and see what happens after they release consoles next week and see if they going to announced new content in to boost momentum after the launch or do not and let the momentum die after launch.
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    It's already official that after the console launch, the Imperial City is coming followed by Wrothgar and that they target to release both this year.

Official confirmed on twitter and at the forums.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enaijo wrote: »
    It's already official that after the console launch, the Imperial City is coming followed by Wrothgar and that they target to release both this year.Official confirmed on twitter and at the forums.
    They can really overestimate players' dedication with delaying those "DLC" releases for that amount of time.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me that ZOS can't be bothered to deliver a vet version of Arx Corinium, Blessed Crucible, Blackheart Haven, Direfrost Keep, Selene's Web, Tempest Island, Vaults of Madness or Volenfell when the game is so content-starved. There are 8 to choose from, and it can NOT be that hard to come up with a veteran dungeon - the place is already there, just need to piece together some story and some new baddies...
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enaijo wrote: »
    It's already official that after the console launch, the Imperial City is coming followed by Wrothgar and that they target to release both this year.

Official confirmed on twitter and at the forums.

So, same thing they said last year basically. It's almost here, it's almost done, it's being pushed, it's around the corner, it's being tested, it's being held back a few weeks, it's being held till fall, till spring, till console release, after console first patch, till fall, till f'n whatever.

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    .... Moreover, there hasn't been a single update to Cyrodiil since the lighting update.

ummm. They did exterminate most of the wildlife in Cyrodiil. Come on get your facts strait! :sweat_smile::tongue:
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pretty much any IT based discipline if you are not moving forward you are dieing.

ZOS can say that they are letting the game "breathe" but from my perspective it feels like they are starving it. They made a conscious decision, doesn't mean it was a good call.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do people still read those? Got tired of the "fixes" to issues noone ever heard of. Seemed like fillers just there to show something...
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a bit silly that one of the main benefits from ESO Plus is access to all dlc's, but there isn't a single dlc in the game ><

The lack of major updates for almost half a year on the PC is annoying (because we all know we would have gotten at least some updates in that time if it weren't for the console port), but at least they had clearly announced it and the subscription fee is not mandatory anymore.

I think their original plan to release one major update every 4-6 weeks was doomed from the start because each and every major update requires a ton of testing and stuff that takes a lot of resources every time you do it (like getting all the voice actors back to record the new NPC dialogues, for example). All major MMOGs I've played before, released major updates like once or twice a year only (but each time with a lot of new content then!).

I also think, ESO still lacks repeatable, fun content with a good enough incentive to repeat it. The Undaunted system, in my opinion was one of the best additions for PvE, so far. Though, it really could do with a bit less RNG (like a token system that lets you at least select the armor type of the shoulders and helmets; and all useless traits - exploration, well-fitted, sturdy, training - should really be removed from both the helmets and the shoulders). PvP currently has the best gear reward system with the blue bags, in my opinion (but these rare items should really scale with your level through veteran ranks so they're not useless/a waste of AP if you get them at VR 1).
    The delves and dungeons in Upper Cragorn are really nice - the first time you do them - but then you realize there's no point in ever doing them again on the same character except to help someone else get the one-time achievement.
    MMOGs cannot be only about one-time content. It's not possible to release new one-time content fast enough for the majority of the player base.

PvP hasn't had any major updates since release. And again, I think the huge land of Cyrodiil is amazing and fun to explore. But as for PvP... the game encourages zerging in any way it could! There is nothing meaningful to do PvP-wise unless you run a large group (you can take castles with just a few people, but only if they are not defended). Taking an undefended resource grants you 20 AP if I'm not mistaken?
    There need to be incentives for people to spread out and fight in multiple places at once. Add a lightning skill that deals damage based on how many players are close together. If there are 10 or more stuck on the same spot, a single use of the lighting spell should kill them all. That would stop the zergs (and also help greatly with the lag) ><
    Reintroduce forward camps but make them visible to your enemy on the map, make it impossible to place them inside of keeps or resouces, and also make them easier to destroy (with siege weapons, for example). Setting up a camp should take about 15-30 seconds where the character that is building the camp cannot do anything else and is always visible to the enemy. The huge travelling times discourage players from going to keeps that aren't under siege already (the exception again are large, organized groups that can travel to and pretty much take any castle before the enemy even has a chance to react).
    Add better rewards for taking enemy structures even if they are undefended, but increase and standardize the time it takes to capture a resource. Give the enemy a chance to react, even if it's just a farm, a lumbermill or a mine. Add a 2-4 minute capture timer for resources (amount of time that at least one person needs to stand near the flag), a longer timer for castles (where both flags needs to remain captured; they would switch back if no attacker was close-by anymore but at least 1 defender was) and add a reason why each side really does not want to lose their resources.

That's all I had to say for now :)

Edit: One more thing: Campaign scores should largely be based on the outcome of 2-hour events that happen several times per day (like once every 4 hours) and their importance for the monthly score should be based on the average number of players that participated from all 3 sides). That would get rid of the annoying night-capping problem that is going on right now on some campaigns. (I guess what I'm really saying here is that Cyrodiil PvP should be a bit more like Planetside 2 where as PvE could be a bit more like Lineage 2 originally was until around C5 :))
    Edited by GaldorP on June 1, 2015 11:19AM
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a conspiracy theory. They actually want the remaining PC players to leave so they can stop trying to fix the lag, shut down the buggy PC servers and forget that there ever was a PC version. Their recent actions are entirely consistent with this: mistreatment, withholding of information, delays, lately even complete silence. I'm not usually the one to jump to this kind of conclusions, but there are so many signs that I can't completely ignore the possibility.

Honestly, I think they don't care about PC players any more. They are banking entirely on console. We were good for the paid beta. But this has been known for a long time now.

My guild has mainly been pvp-based and as you can imagine, many of them who came back for Unlimited have already left again. AvA is out of balance as far as faction and buff servers and all that stuff -- not to mention the lag and disconnects. There is no change in sight for the foreseeable future. All there is to do is level alts.

I've gone back to Skyrim these days for my Elder Scrolls fix. Thank God for mods. Will also start up Witcher 3 soon.
    Edited by Blud on June 1, 2015 11:18AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS always compiles bug fixes and major changes for major updates which they have said is coming after console. This is nothing new so that is why a lot bug fixes never get fix because every time that add new stuff or bug fixes it just brings back old bugs anyway. Plus every time a change happens a new exploit appears and players are just going to exploit it which causes more problems down the line anyway. So most things will never be fixed.

You are defending never fixing bugs that have been there since beta seriously and then blaming players?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on June 1, 2015 4:43PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    I agree with OP's sentiments, though not all of his/her supporting evidence. Most of what s/he said is solid though. I have been playing since April 2014, and wholeheartedly agree that the support, development, progression, and content that was promised has fallen woefully short. We're all rational humans here, and we understand that projects often take longer than expected. We understand that ZOS spent the first 3 months after release dealing with Bots and Duplication bugs. However, when a company previews new content at Quakecon 2014, but doesn't deliver or even give a tentative date almost 9 months later, something is seriously amiss.

1.6 was fine, and fixed some outstanding issues, but also introduced new issues (animation delaying skill effects, buggy potions, bugged progression system, etc.) The justice system should have been a feature since launch (as every other TES game has it). The same goes for spellcrafting. The Undaunted update introduced many nominally useful sets and a few good ones. Since Vet CoA and Upper Craglorn, there hasn't been a single significant content update. PvP is in an even worse state, still dealing with balance issues and exploits that have existed since launch. Moreover, there hasn't been a single update to Cyrodiil since the lighting update.

In over half a year, they haven't been able to deliver even a single new Vet dungeon, let alone a zone.

I have been saying this for months now: ZOS released a halfbaked product, even though they had plenty of talent and a huge budget. ZOS is a brand new studio - a studio that had never created a single game -but it was tasked with developing a AAA MMO.

Management Failure.

BAM!
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

It's been way too long since any PVE content updates. How hard is it to throw out a new vet version dungeon like CoA? Throw in some absurdly long extended quest rewards using pre-existing content. Something, anything new. It's already been ages since Upper Crag..
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just angers me when I think about their business approach because it makes no sense, why is there even a console version? It honestly isn't going to generate record breaking numbers. This game had so many players, so many top guilds for pve and pvp, they have mostly all since left leaving behind the casual players. Why did ZoS abandon their hardcore players and let them get bored.
    Honestly, just bring out more raids, more content, PvP arena, just do what the fans are asking for I can't see how it's so hard and why they neglect the popular opinion and all we hear about is crap about underwater combat.

It's just saddening for such a great game many people put time into and we haven't seen new content since September, that's almost half a year lol. It's just sad to think about.

Console is doomed to fail if you can't even keep the PC bugs away. Goodluck with the console players they switch games every 2 weeks. MMOs on consoles don't appeal to teenagers who are mostly play games for gamer score/trophies.

Worst decision.
    #MOREORBS
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you just imagine if they scraped the whole console idea from the start, used the money to focus on the main PC issues, released Tamriel Unlimited with Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City and a new PvE instance.

Ahhhh the people who would've returned and the money they would have made.
    #MOREORBS
  • mavrwb17_ESO
    mavrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    ITT: HOW DARE THEY WORK ON BRINGING MORE PEOPLE INTO THE GAME! THEY SHOULD BE SPOON FEEDING ME MORE STUFF!
    Edited by mavrwb17_ESO on June 1, 2015 2:12PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT: OH MY GOD HOW DARE THEY NOT GIVE ME, SPECIFICALLY AND EXPLICITLY, MORE THINGS! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS TRAVESTY! I DEMAND MORE STUFF! GIVE ME STUFF!
    It''s gotten beyond a joke now, I doubt people would even find that funny from how long they have neglected to bring out any content at this point lol
    #MOREORBS
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was console planned from the start? Or was it an "OMG we need money quick if we're gonna stay afloat" tactic?

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should really just cut the crap and open up user created content. They could even still charge a minor, I'm talkin' dollars, not 10's of dollars, fee to access it.

Every standalone TES game had a wealth of user created content that helped keep the games alive well beyond their normal lifecycle. Same could be true for this one.

Open it up, allow local server licensing - make $ with minimal ongoing effort from staff.

Let the users provide for themselves if ZoS is not going to do so.

Damn shame.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down people, am sure the console version will run EXACTLY like the PC/MAC version. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • mavrwb17_ESO
    mavrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    It just angers me when I think about their business approach because it makes no sense, why is there even a console version? It honestly isn't going to generate record breaking numbers.

How do you know? I'd love to see your source.
    Why did ZoS abandon their hardcore players and let them get bored.

Yeah, how dare ZOS let us go 4 months without anything brand new! They should be giving us new stuff every week!!!
    It's just saddening for such a great game many people put time into and we haven't seen new content since September, that's almost half a year lol. It's just sad to think about.

Your math is off.

Septemer(1), October(2), November(3), December(4), January(5), February(6), Marcher(7), April(8), May(9), June(10)

Also, patches 1.6 and 2.0 were pretty major patches. No new raids, but even WoW doesn't release new raids every month.
    Console is doomed to fail if you can't even keep the PC bugs away. Goodluck with the console players they switch games every 2 weeks. MMOs on consoles don't appeal to teenagers who are mostly play games for gamer score/trophies.

way to not be a condescending *** :neutral:

Can you tell me what other MMORPG's there are out there for modern consoles? What ZOS are doing is mildly groundbreaking, and if successful, could see ESO lasting for a long time to come. Just because what's happening doesn't affect you, and you alone, doesn't mean this game is 'doomed to fail'. You are not the only player in this game. In fact, if you quit playing ESO right now, nobody would even notice. The same goes for me.

If you're unhappy with the decisions ZOS has made, please, feel free to uninstall the game and write them a scathing email on the consequences of not catering to your every whim.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya know,people talk about buying crowns.I might do that if,..and only IF,..there was something more in the store.So far,I have bought just about everything in the bundles,costumes,pets and mounts. And I never even use the costumes cos I cant change the colors.There just wasnt a whole lot in it to begin with.Perhaps they should have taken those people who design armor and clothing and had them put down their little office toys,sit up in their chairs,and do something to fill up the store a bit more.Which they get paid to do. Put something,anything,than 4 bundles,and a few costumes like the chef and the idiotic wedding dress.I mean,c'mon.Does that even belong ingame? Who's gonna marry you? No priests anywhere to officiate.
    Just sayin.