The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so... Patch 2.0.10 huh? am i the only one really off put by the total lack of real updates?

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
First off, its been over half a year since any content and there was almost no end game content to begin with in the first place with only a tiny tiny amount added. At this point, major raid guilds have maanged all the content and are dying off. Groups that were known by name have dissappeared from the mouths and currently Save a few progression guilds PvE is a guild graveyard.

second off, Pvp is a total mess, even ignoring the balance issues in terms of classes there are so many issues with the campains themselves that the brief boost from TU barely lasted a month before people realized it sucked. While PvE has had at least one major addition in the form of craglorn, PvP has had literally nothing added to it since launch and apart from being a deathly grind contains effectively no progression. Rewards that are not bought are worthless. so far any ZOS attempt to deal with some of the major issues has backfired and only exacerbated those issues. Magicka Det which was intended to help break up zergs only make them more viable due to the factor of the groups most likley to have gotten enough AP to have the skill being the ones that are the most tight zergs. Purge still making Seige pointless

third off, its pretty bad in the current state of gear and rewards for existing content, Trial gear in particular is worthless and atm the only worth while gear is entirely in PvP, where only a limited section of the population has a real chance of getting enough AP to get what they want or try their luck on the Gamble Jars. When the hardest Content in the game has some of the worst rewards, that content is a failure. all 3 trials need a massive change to their unique gear and need to be brought up to the current cap. VDSA needs to give V14 rewards on all pieces at the start, with better chances for unique gear as the rounds progress (ideally first round having a 10% chance for a DSA specific drop and the rate increasing 10% each round)

4th even beyond content, gameplay is a total mess. CC break is unresponsive at the best of times, skills failing or bugging out is common, and some quests are still able to bug out to the point they require a total reset to complete... then there is the Crashing, the loading screens, the LAG LAG LAG.

5th... and the most off putting at this point... ZOS is totally silent... the only updates we get is entirely cash shop releated. for the past several months since TU and the champion system there has been nothing about improving this game.. Console release or not its gotten to the point where the sites that used to have intresting news about the stuff in the works basically have forgotten ESO even exists and the sites created specifically for ESO have been silent or dead for months. i dont even bother looking for news anymore.

6th... the dark result is that people are leaving.. even the people who have been with it since launch like me are so totally burned out of all the above that its mostly the occaisonal new players. but even the new comers are fastly dissappearing, as most get sick when they hit vet levels and have to grind or quest, or the ones that go straight into PvP and get so badly hammered by that mess that they leave before a week passes... the few that stick it out, are met with so little worthwhile endgame for their efforts that they just complete what there is and get out. but with PvE in its current state, most leave before even sucessfully completing endgame, as those that cna do it dont anymore because there is nothing to be gained. The community that supported this game is trickling out of existence..

oh sure there are some groups that are still trying in all of this to get everything done, but even the people i have been helping through often have nothing but complaints about this game at this point. Its not a pretty picture ZOS. I continue Playing because tho its definitly not like a TES game, i found the setup for the gameplay fun enough and loved it. i found it fun but honestly there is nothing left for me to do really. i am halfheartedly going through the motions each day.

it honestly feels like i care a great deal more about this game than its developers at this point..
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content is coming soon (tm)

Hey, at least after June 9th they can't say "We are busy working on console release" any more!

They can say "We are settling the console version in" or some variation thereof though.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep game is dying, Witcher 3 is where it's at right now
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Hey, at least after June 9th they can't say "We are busy working on console release" any more!

They can say "We are settling the console version in" or some variation thereof though.

Until Autumn, hopefully not later.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the lack of any comment on future content is unbelievable. Console release is a big deal but how about at least an official confirmation of Imperial City (if that really is coming) and maybe some teasing of the content etc every few weeks. I convinced a friend to come back and play this game a month ago expecting imminent announcements of something after TU and there is still nothing at all on the horizon apart from rumors based on a 2 line dev post.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it'll become were working on console bug squashing. lol

other note i get the feeling despite the pushed back launch it'll be a few weeks before i can play due to launch bugs
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it'll become were working on console bug squashing. lol

other note i get the feeling despite the pushed back launch it'll be a few weeks before i can play due to launch bugs

i honestly expect the consoles to be such a mess on launch... probably going to have people who cant even get online as per usual with games but there will also be so much complaint about the Patch they will have to download, then there are going to be rage if the Load screen forever issue is there (console players are even less forgiving of stuff like that)
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst I agree with you 100%....... there are another 1568432 threads on exactly this. So to answer your subject question, No, you are not the only one! ;):D

Kai made a comment in twitch chat on the last ESO live which indicated that an announcement is likely at E3 in about 2 weeks regarding new content, which seems to be the imperial city.

Educated guess is that this will be some more detail, & fingers crossed a rough PTS date.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    comes E3, it will be "Imperial City! And other stuff! Barbershop too! Woohoo!!....

....coming in Spring 2016 (maybe)".

August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breathe....they said no content after the champion system/justice system until a bit after console launch. Give them until August
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain I just don't pay for a sub for the time being, actually doubt I ever will again. To me it should be better to just
    buy the dlc. I just haven't been playing much at all anymore.

I feel really turned off by the fact they think its ok to go this long without anything new being released. I know they are trying to milk all future dlc's but they could have released one.

It's quite clear they care about money over making their pc customers happy!
  • Bars
    Bars
    ✭✭✭
    Give them until August

cool is that this year or next , as I though we should of had new content last august
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiveria wrote: »
    I feel your pain I just don't pay for a sub for the time being, actually doubt I ever will again. To me it should be better to just

I feel really turned off by the fact they think its ok to go this long without anything new being released. I know they are trying to milk all future dlc's but they could have released one.

I agree they should have released some thing by now but to say they only think of money is just wrong. Of course they have to think of money. You think developers servers work and run for free. It's a safe bet a lot of people like you don't care about the money. Without money there would be no MMO's, unless of course you can tell us a better way to run these games?
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game had potential, but after a year and a half there is only a trail of empty and broken promises by ZOS. It's probably the worst ineptly managed game I have played in the last 15 years. The graphics are beautiful, everything else is a joke.
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

I agree they should have released some thing by now but to say they only think of money is just wrong. Of course they have to think of money. You think developers servers work and run for free. It's a safe bet a lot of people like you don't care about the money. Without money there would be no MMO's, unless of course you can tell us a better way to run these games?

I understand they have to make money buy the way they are going about it is wrong. If anything I think it may have cost them
    money in the long run. And you are right I don't care about 15 bucks a month I just think they have went about this whole thing
    in the wrong way.

Why should I give them money for nothing? You can say to support the game but from what I see support what? They are silent on whats in the pipeline so give me something to support not blindly! I've been here since beta and I feel this thing has been planed all along.

We beta tested for them, they shove a patch out that allows you to grind the same content out to get some champ points
    and a half arsed justice system, that was probably ready awhile ago and act like our subs for the first six months was worth that?

I like the game don't get me wrong but I dont feel it is getting better really with all the crashing and lag in pve and pvp :(
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breathe....they said no content after the champion system/justice system until a bit after console launch. Give them until August

This is the voice of reason.....but FTS!

ZOS should be well aware of how the community feels, and doing SOMETHING to keep players interest and loyalty. They have done next to nothing. The only thing of significance is the CrownStore, which serves their interest more than ours.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah,I may be one of those who had played since beta and are about to leave.Now victim of the random kick to loading screen and the famous <<1>> which have been under investigation since like 2 or 3 months already without it being resolved.Go to PC Thechnical support forum and you will see what im talking about.The *** is serious.The game is going down and all because performance issues that ZOS have no idea how to fix.Sad,pretty sad.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand they have to make money buy the way they are going about it is wrong. If anything I think it may have cost them
    money in the long run. And you are right I don't care about 15 bucks a month I just think they have went about this whole thing
    in the wrong way.

Why should I give them money for nothing? You can say to support the game but from what I see support what? They are silent on whats in the pipeline so give me something to support not blindly! I've been here since beta and I feel this thing has been planed all along.

We beta tested for them, they shove a patch out that allows you to grind the same content out to get some champ points
    and a half arsed justice system, that was probably ready awhile ago and act like our subs for the first six months was worth that?

I like the game don't get me wrong but I dont feel it is getting better really with all the crashing and lag in pve and pvp :(

Sad part is I agree 110% and have said the same. But if they don't make money NOW it will all be for nothing in a few weeks. Making it off box sales is one thing, real money now has to come from store or subs. Throw all the bugs that still in game it sure doesn't give us anything to trust them with. I will give them 2 weeks after console launch if things don't start hoping on PC I will sadly walk away. Some may say 2 weeks you need to give them longer, my response is I have given them more than enough time.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP's sentiments, though not all of his/her supporting evidence. Most of what s/he said is solid though. I have been playing since April 2014, and wholeheartedly agree that the support, development, progression, and content that was promised has fallen woefully short. We're all rational humans here, and we understand that projects often take longer than expected. We understand that ZOS spent the first 3 months after release dealing with Bots and Duplication bugs. However, when a company previews new content at Quakecon 2014, but doesn't deliver or even give a tentative date almost 9 months later, something is seriously amiss.

1.6 was fine, and fixed some outstanding issues, but also introduced new issues (animation delaying skill effects, buggy potions, bugged progression system, etc.) The justice system should have been a feature since launch (as every other TES game has it). The same goes for spellcrafting. The Undaunted update introduced many nominally useful sets and a few good ones. Since Vet CoA and Upper Craglorn, there hasn't been a single significant content update. PvP is in an even worse state, still dealing with balance issues and exploits that have existed since launch. Moreover, there hasn't been a single update to Cyrodiil since the lighting update.

In over half a year, they haven't been able to deliver even a single new Vet dungeon, let alone a zone.

I have been saying this for months now: ZOS released a halfbaked product, even though they had plenty of talent and a huge budget. ZOS is a brand new studio - a studio that had never created a single game -but it was tasked with developing a AAA MMO.

Management Failure.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭

in the wrong way.

Sad part is I agree 110% and have said the same. But if they don't make money NOW it will all be for nothing in a few weeks. Making it off box sales is one thing, real money now has to come from store or subs. Throw all the bugs that still in game it sure doesn't give us anything to trust them with. I will give them 2 weeks after console launch if things don't start hoping on PC I will sadly walk away. Some may say 2 weeks you need to give them longer, my response is I have given them more than enough time.

Ya Like someone all ready said in the thread these feelings have been posted before, but it kinda makes you wonder why all
    the silence throw us a bone?

I mean something ya know.?

• Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    I agree with OP's sentiments, though not all of his/her supporting evidence. Most of what s/he said is solid though. I have been playing since April 2014, and wholeheartedly agree that the support, development, progression, and content that was promised has fallen woefully short. We're all rational humans here, and we understand that projects often take longer than expected. We understand that ZOS spent the first 3 months after release dealing with Bots and Duplication bugs. However, when a company previews new content at Quakecon 2014, but doesn't deliver or even give a tentative date almost 9 months later, something is seriously amiss.

1.6 was fine, and fixed some outstanding issues, but also introduced new issues (animation delaying skill effects, buggy potions, bugged progression system, etc.) The justice system should have been a feature since launch (as every other TES game has it). The same goes for spellcrafting. The Undaunted update introduced many nominally useful sets and a few good ones. Since Vet CoA and Upper Craglorn, there hasn't been a single significant content update. PvP is in an even worse state, still dealing with balance issues and exploits that have existed since launch. Moreover, there hasn't been a single update to Cyrodiil since the lighting update.

In over half a year, they haven't been able to deliver even a single new Vet dungeon, let alone a zone.

I have been saying this for months now: ZOS released a halfbaked product, even though they had plenty of talent and a huge budget. ZOS is a brand new studio - a studio that had never created a single game -but it was tasked with developing a AAA MMO.

Management Failure.

This guy gets it.

But there are many other reasons why people have left this game, and some people play a older outdated game like DAOC.
    Its fun!

• Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    Keep this thread bumped maybe we can get some kind of reply that isnt soon? Maybe throw us a fricking bone , your players are foaming at the mouth. Pc and consoles alike I'm sure.

I know I wouldnt buy this game if I read these forums and the lack of any real road ahead besides well were working on it kind of attitude. Maybe a Time frame would help, not exact dates per say?
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS said they were concentrating on console release. That hasn't happened yet so you really can't complain that they are doing what they said they would.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh zos ruined all of their chances they had with tamriel unlimited, should've released A dlc pack with it but they didn't. Let's just count the days down until they inevitably destroy their game. Not long left
    #MOREORBS
  • Zarec
    Zarec
    ✭✭✭
    ...sigh....

Why am I not surprised ZOS is still screwing up. First time I've checked this since I left back in June of 2015. See the same old gripes are still valid. How's vamp?

Well not looking forward to the console version like I originally was. Shame I can't get my money back now.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, it's at least a bit hilarious that they had a second launch chance with B2P and they still screwed it up. But third time's a charm, so everything will be splendid after console release, right?

I really can't fathom what their developers are doing all the time. For example, the last new armor style we have seen was in update 1.5. What have the armor design guys been doing since then? How are they getting paid if they never release anything? Heck, even if they didn't make any new armors, there are tons of styles already in the game that are inaccesible to players, such as the Nedic style seen on enemies in Shada's Tear - why in over 6 months has nobody spent a few hours to get these ready for a release? I mean, if they added motif pages for Nedic and Yokudan style crafting to Craglorn in a small incremental patch, people might at least be running the content there ... those are things already in the game and they still can't get anything released.

And poor Brian Wheeler ... does he ever get to do anything?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Old repeated complaint, they outright stated several times that nothing big will be updated until after console release.

Right now as far as i can tell, the schedule has been followed on time ever since ESO went subscription-less since all development has been geared towards getting console release out.

As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarec wrote: »
    ...sigh....

Why am I not surprised ZOS is still screwing up. First time I've checked this since I left back in June of 2015. See the same old gripes are still valid. How's vamp?

Well not looking forward to the console version like I originally was. Shame I can't get my money back now.

Whew. I thought I was the only time traveler on the forum.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny what i remember from the last year was how they were working on this bug that bug then justice system, then BOOM Consoles. Which lead to that was what they were working on all the time. Why you think so many are upset how we were treated and expect more than what they gave us.

But it's all water under the bridge.......well that is what they hope we feel. I will give them 2 weeks after console release and if we don't see any improvements on major bugs and some kind of new content (on PC/MAC) I won't be shocked if a lot of us just walk away.

Oh one other thing that bothers me a little is how they said they are 2 months behind PC/MAC on console updates. I mean look at past and think about it.
    Edited by BigM on June 1, 2015 5:01AM
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, its been over half a year since any content and there was almost no end game content to begin with in the first place with only a tiny tiny amount added. At this point, major raid guilds have maanged all the content and are dying off. Groups that were known by name have dissappeared from the mouths and currently Save a few progression guilds PvE is a guild graveyard.

second off, Pvp is a total mess, even ignoring the balance issues in terms of classes there are so many issues with the campains themselves that the brief boost from TU barely lasted a month before people realized it sucked. While PvE has had at least one major addition in the form of craglorn, PvP has had literally nothing added to it since launch and apart from being a deathly grind contains effectively no progression. Rewards that are not bought are worthless. so far any ZOS attempt to deal with some of the major issues has backfired and only exacerbated those issues. Magicka Det which was intended to help break up zergs only make them more viable due to the factor of the groups most likley to have gotten enough AP to have the skill being the ones that are the most tight zergs. Purge still making Seige pointless

third off, its pretty bad in the current state of gear and rewards for existing content, Trial gear in particular is worthless and atm the only worth while gear is entirely in PvP, where only a limited section of the population has a real chance of getting enough AP to get what they want or try their luck on the Gamble Jars. When the hardest Content in the game has some of the worst rewards, that content is a failure. all 3 trials need a massive change to their unique gear and need to be brought up to the current cap. VDSA needs to give V14 rewards on all pieces at the start, with better chances for unique gear as the rounds progress (ideally first round having a 10% chance for a DSA specific drop and the rate increasing 10% each round)

4th even beyond content, gameplay is a total mess. CC break is unresponsive at the best of times, skills failing or bugging out is common, and some quests are still able to bug out to the point they require a total reset to complete... then there is the Crashing, the loading screens, the LAG LAG LAG.

5th... and the most off putting at this point... ZOS is totally silent... the only updates we get is entirely cash shop releated. for the past several months since TU and the champion system there has been nothing about improving this game.. Console release or not its gotten to the point where the sites that used to have intresting news about the stuff in the works basically have forgotten ESO even exists and the sites created specifically for ESO have been silent or dead for months. i dont even bother looking for news anymore.

6th... the dark result is that people are leaving.. even the people who have been with it since launch like me are so totally burned out of all the above that its mostly the occaisonal new players. but even the new comers are fastly dissappearing, as most get sick when they hit vet levels and have to grind or quest, or the ones that go straight into PvP and get so badly hammered by that mess that they leave before a week passes... the few that stick it out, are met with so little worthwhile endgame for their efforts that they just complete what there is and get out. but with PvE in its current state, most leave before even sucessfully completing endgame, as those that cna do it dont anymore because there is nothing to be gained. The community that supported this game is trickling out of existence..
    oh sure there are some groups that are still trying in all of this to get everything done, but even the people i have been helping through often have nothing but complaints about this game at this point. Its not a pretty picture ZOS. I continue Playing because tho its definitly not like a TES game, i found the setup for the gameplay fun enough and loved it. i found it fun but honestly there is nothing left for me to do really. i am halfheartedly going through the motions each day.

it honestly feels like i care a great deal more about this game than its developers at this point..

Unfortunately, the majority of what you say is true. Other critically bugged and broken skills like this one have been left unfixed and continue to be abused by players in PVP, to boot, leaving even that unsatisfying to play in. Major problems like the UI's lack of features and general usability, veteran level XP scaling, missing basics like even keeping settings between characters or keybinds, endless load screens (PVE and PVP), and general lack of updates are definitely taking their tolls. I hate it, because I love the game and it has one of the deepest and well designed combat systems I have seen in an RPG ever to be bluntly honest, but it is hidden away under so many bugs, so many general content issues, and so many obfuscations of information in general even to addons, that few even understand it's there let alone understand how it all works. I mean, literally... I had to explain in a Templar thread today, to veteran Templar players, that tab targeting will prioritize their spear shards to affect that target inside the circle for the disorient or stun. Heck, most people don't seem to even realize Entropy gives 20 seconds of its spell damage buff, but then again since the UI just lists the damage over time's duration of 14.4 seconds with the 20% passive boost... how would they know to even look or test it?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 1, 2015 5:10AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    New content will most likely not be added until September or perhaps a month after, if we're thinking realistically. If not, still somewhere around late august. :'(
    PSN- Caleo95
    Devout follower of Sithis