The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Idea Gathering] Looking for Ideas to Encourage Balanced Campaigns

Sublime
Sublime
✭✭✭✭
The title already gives you a hint what I'm looking for, ideas of game systems that encourage players to go to campaign where their alliance is currently loosing on the map, i.e. all objectives are owned by the enemy. Of course it works vice verse as well, meaning ideas that discourage players to go to campaigns that are completely taken by their faction are just as welcome. It doesn't necessarily have to be about the psychological aspect only, ideas of simple changes to the gameplay that favour balanced campaigns work as well.

Note that this is only about the current state of a map and how to keep it interesting for everybody at any point in time, so anything faction scoring related doesn't belong to this thread.
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. How about everyone boycotts PvP for a week. The campaigns will be balanced, there will be no lag, and maybe ZOS will even fix some broken crap.

Ok, the last part probably wouldn't happen. And somehow there would likely still be lag.

Seriously though: sliding population locks. No faction can have more than 20-30% more logged in than the next highest-pop faction. Something like that.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    Seriously though: sliding population locks. No faction can have more than 20-30% more logged in than the next highest-pop faction. Something like that.

I don't think that would help, because most players would simply queue up and wait but there still is no incentive to go to another campaign. (Can be witnessed on EU EP right now, they have 100+ queue on TB but still have lots of empty campaigns)

Maybe it would encourage some guilds to swap but I doubt it'd solve the whole problem.
    Edited by Sublime on May 31, 2015 11:25PM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max population of an alliance = the sum of the other 2 (up to max)

There, balanced.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not just about numbers. Quantity is one thing. Quality is another. Two days ago we were smashing DC while outnumbered heavily. But then AD banana squad showed up. When you hear on ts: it's banana squad. That is basically an "oh ***" moment right there...
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

There, balanced.

Doesn't this still allow the large alliance to control the whole map? And I don't see how this encourages players to go to empty campaigns.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

There, balanced.

Doesn't this still allow the large alliance to control the whole map? And I don't see how this encourages players to go to empty campaigns.

it forces the buff campaign "botter" to spread as they cant stack happily in different campaigns but forcing them to fight each other.
    so in stead of servers beeing like capslocked(CL)/0/0 || 0/CL/0 || 0/0/CL they would look like all look like 1/2/1||2/1/1||1/1/2 pop-bars.
    Edited by Tankqull on June 1, 2015 1:08PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

There, balanced.

It would allow one alliance to have the total of the other 2, now if those other 2 want to fight each other then the side with most pop will have an advantage. If those other 2 are fighting against them, then the numbers will be balanced. This is of course up to the server cap, so a pop locked server will have roughly the same amount of players. It wouldn't allow 3 bars vs 1 bar of the other 2.

There are no empty campaigns. Just some with an extreme number advantage for one alliance at some times. This would help.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 'Stretched Supply Lines' debuff for any faction with more than 2/3rds of the keeps - which cancel's the PvP Health Buff. The debuff will have a 1 hour minimum duration so Keep swapping is not desirable.