The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Overall Healer and Tank Class/Race Combo

Cagro
Cagro
✭✭✭
I think a Breton Templar is the best overall pure healer and an Imperial Dragonknight is the best overall pure tank. If you want to do both then maybe an Imperial Templar? I mean overall for all aspects of the game, including both PVE and PVP. I want to know this because I plan to start a new toon when console launches.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, how do Dragonknights usually deal with healing debuffs when they have no purge?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of combinations when you consider race, armor, weapons and the skills/set bonuses, traits, etc that could apply
    This will be an interesting thread.

If we say class/race only
    -Bretons, Redguard, High elf as a Templar would be my picks but... there are a lot of possibilities out there
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    high elf is best templar, you dont need reduce spell cost, regen is nice since champion system increase is a % based off of your current.
    #MOREORBS
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    High elf vampire templar is best healer potential. 10% max magicka and 9% magicka regen racial, Vampire passive 10% magicka regen, Repentance 10% magicka regen, Inner light 5% magicka and 20% spell crit. You only need Breath of Life and extended ritual for healing. The ritual aoe buffs Breath of Life by 30% for allies in it. You heavy attack with resto staff a lot for Magicka regen and Breath of Life spam. You do not even need a second bar as templar healer. You can make 5th skill anything pretty much. People like structured entropy for spellpower / health buff. I use elusive mist vampire ability for mitigation and escapes / red circles if Can't dodge. Build is really easy and basically 30% magicka regen buff from racial, vampire, and repentance is awesome. Then factor in 7/7 light armor and champion points/ mundas stone. The build is really simple and boring to some people but has best healing potential and is simple. I often use devouring swarm ult for dps in dungeons. Can pull off great heals and help with damage.
    Edited by BloodStorm on May 29, 2015 1:18PM
  • ebls_BR
    ebls_BR
    ✭✭✭
    It's all relative really. Breton healers are great, but Altmers, Dunmers, Imperials are also excellent. I have 2 Bretons Templar and 1 Dunmer Templar and I must say, my Dunmer Templar is better in everything else than my Bretons, except pure healing.

Templars healers need to block and tank sometimes (last boss in VDSA), and the 6% stamina helps a lot with my Dunmer in so may ways. Also help roll dodge (Manticora, archers in VDSA, etc.) and PVP (even with magicka builds, you need an enough amount of stamina there).
    Second, templars healers use a magicka build and when you seek a better time in a weekly or just help your team, you need to do dps as much as heal. Again, my templar dunmer exceeds my bretan templars. First, in magicka builds, the better way to help in dps is with a Inferno staff (your AoE will be Impulse, you need to aply Elemental Drain, Crushing Shock to interrupt and make range dps, etc.) and Dunmers have 7% more damage. Second, Vampire Bane is the best DoT for magicka dps templars, and it's a flame damage based skill.

This means the Dunmer Templar Healer is better than the Breton Templar Healer. Not really... Just means that using, my favorite armor sets (5 Healer + 4 Magnus + 2 Torug; or 5 Healer + 5 Eyes of Mara + Master Weapons), with the same build, same rotation, etc., I think I have a easier life with my Dunmer Templar than with my Breton.
    Edited by ebls_BR on May 29, 2015 1:48PM
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I think I got a good idea about the healer but what about the best overall race/class combo for tanking.
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    breton templar, master race.
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    ebls_BR wrote: »
    It's all relative really. Breton healers are great, but Altmers, Dunmers, Imperials are also excellent. I have 2 Bretons Templar and 1 Dunmer Templar and I must say, my Dunmer Templar is better in everything else than my Bretons, except pure healing.

Templars healers need to block and tank sometimes (last boss in VDSA), and the 6% stamina helps a lot with my Dunmer in so may ways. Also help roll dodge (Manticora, archers in VDSA, etc.) and PVP (even with magicka builds, you need an enough amount of stamina there).
    Second, templars healers use a magicka build and when you seek a better time in a weekly or just help your team, you need to do dps as much as heal. Again, my templar dunmer exceeds my bretan templars. First, in magicka builds, the better way to help in dps is with a Inferno staff (your AoE will be Impulse, you need to aply Elemental Drain, Crushing Shock to interrupt and make range dps, etc.) and Dunmers have 7% more damage. Second, Vampire Bane is the best DoT for magicka dps templars, and it's a flame damage based skill.

This means the Dunmer Templar Healer is better than the Breton Templar Healer. Not really... Just means that using, my favorite armor sets (5 Healer + 4 Magnus + 2 Torug; or 5 Healer + 5 Eyes of Mara + Master Weapons), with the same build, same rotation, etc., I think I have a easier life with my Dunmer Templar than with my Breton.

Nice, good to know. I am thinking of rerolling my healer as dunmer templar on ps4 instead for the fire resist as vampire. Plus it fits more with Ebonheart. Awesome getting magicka buff racial also and being a vampire still get the magicka regen buff and fire res. Mist form with dunmer fire resist should help better mitigation for sure.
    Edited by BloodStorm on May 29, 2015 3:43PM
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks = Imperials
    MAgicka = Breton/altmer
    stamina DPS - Redguard/imperials/wood elf