The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Idea: after a player kills you in a Cyrodiil dungeon, you can respawn at the dungeon entrance

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting ganked in a dungeon does cause some bad feels because of the inconvenience. On the flip side, killing a would be ganker in a dungeon makes you feel amazing. I find the specter of enemy players lurking in the deep to be very exciting. I love these fights when they occur, even if they result in painful defeat.

That being said I think the current system is fine and shouldn't be replaced a puesdo-arena system.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just had a fight like that and I agree it's great. I got jumped in a dungeon by a templar 4 ranks above me (I was VR9, him VR13) and just happened to be levelling my vicious duelling hotbars at the time, with ultimates ready to go, so what he presumably thought was an easy gank resulted in his swift death

In light of this I pretty much withdraw the argument in the OP
    Edited by Stranglehands on May 30, 2015 10:49AM
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about rez onsite after a cooldown? Would fix both issues (just expect to be engaged again immediately on rez)
    Only if we're talking 10 minutes cooldown at least...

Hmmm... that kinda gives me an idea...

How about if all PvP kills get a 10 minute timer for on-site self-revive, but also an option for enemy players to "capture" the "uncounscious" player they (or their allies) just defeated?
    Captured players would be locked in "bound" animation, and auto-follow their captor, and delivering them to a "prison camp" by the captors alliance home location would be a daily mission worth quite a bit in terms of AP... and allies of the captive could try and rescue them before they get there by defeating the captor... (remember, the bound one can still chat, and thus call all the hounds to their location)
    And if delivered to the "PoW camp", the captor gets his payoff, while the captive gets to play an "escape from prison" minidungeon...
    @TheShadowScout , outstanding ideas. The possibilities for rescue/escape/general espionage would add a whole other level to Cyrodiil.

I've often thought they are missing much potential in regard to true scouting missions, etc. It's not as if there are not double -agents in the current setup. At least that way it could be made official, with the treason option accordingly.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 1, 2015 2:07PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait wait wait guys, guys guys....

this could be good!

imagine, ur waiting... the somebody came along, u get a couple hundreds AP.... and then? We don't have to wait that long anymore!! Now it's only a few minutes or seconds even for the next AP reward!

Yes, I vote yes.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks pve players tend to lock out the pop cap on say, Thornblade EP on the EU server? which explains why when EP is capped and the other 2 factions still seem to have more players pvping, despite only having 1 or 2 bars.

blues and yellow heroes dont attack each other?

Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us better max-level PvE option and you will not see people crying about looking for changes to Cyrodiil delves or maxing out the population bar to farm in a cave.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would take away from the satisfaction I get when I two-shot someone from stealth with an overload light attack right next to a boss entrance. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing they have to run back and the boss won't spawn for another 3 hours. :p
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you might prefer a single player game, or PVE instead.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The penalty for death is several seconds of minor inconvenience. It needn't be further diminished.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it OP, ZoS has ruled out Arenas, which is what CWC would become with its two entrances.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »
    No.

PvP kills only allow you to ressurect in a keep for a reason. If you decide to ride all the way to Crackwood cave in AD terrirory while the map is yellow -> Your problem.

You die there? Ride again!

Being able to stand up within the dungeon again without taking the risk to ride past enemy lines is for wussies...

all that is 100% nonsense.

the real reason why you dont respawn in the cave you died in?

spawn camping...

1-2 inside and more stealthed at enterance of the popular spots... you could back to back kill the same guys over and over again untill they ALT+F4.

the QQ would be funny tho.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Question:

A group of three are doing delves...

On the way out, two go on ahead and get ganked at entrance as another faction enter the delve...

Third player stealthily retreats and leaves group then runs/suicides into mobs.

First two wait for gank group to go deeper into delve...

Third player revives at entrance and revives fallen comrades and they leave to go to next delve...

Plausible?
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |