The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

best stam dks in the game

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    Kloud wrote: »
    Well I'd like to consider my self well rounded with my build I'm tanky I can burst I can sustain all fairly well I guess if skill wise I'd say I'm better at dueling then any thing I'd say not tooting my own horn here that I'm one of the better dks in the game na server ofc and I just want to know who else is good because besides a couple 2 3 stam dks I've not been impressed or havnt seen any one really good running it and being a dk tank imo isn't hard but tanking and killing that's what I like to see

Do you wear Heavy or Medium ? Mix ?
    But it's true Stam DKs seem rare.
    Melee Stam Heavy Armor PVP DKs seem the rarest (at least on my campaign).

You say u can burst and tank, How do you do that ? with 2H successful uppercut + charge + execute combo ?
    Meteor + crit charge ?
    Fossilize + uppercut + charge + execute ?
    Or bow + crit charge + ....

I am curious what stam PVP DK have found for best sword and board setup ?
    Cannot decide between option, since none fit all situation (or I completely bypass DPS with S/B).

And I personnally use now defensive manoeuver on that bar, since I am kind of a tactician :p and it has tremendous utility for open fights.

If you can make videos I would love to see your playstyle :)
    Do u run S/B + Bow ?
    I run 6 med 1 heavy 2 hander and sword/board I have around 3k wep damage 1600/1800 stam regen 21k hp 21k stam 9k magika 900 magika regen 700 hp regen. I run 5 hundings 3 deugh king 2 blood spawn 2 shadow walker 2 peices of nirnhoned armor 24k spell resistance 13k armor my 2 hand bar is wreckon blow unstable flame rally execute crit rush s/b bar shuffle defense stance ing shield with 10 points into bastion ransack petrifi. Champ system set up I only have 190 cp but I run 17% into mighty 5% into crit damage inc adding more ad I go 5% into thick skin 5% into elemental defender flame shock reduction 5% into bastion for better ing shields 8% into warlord 7.5% into moon calf 5% into tumbling I think I'm running 52 stam 12 health full stam glyphs on armor full stam reduction glyphs on jewelry using drinks. And yes I can beat tanks just takes a bit longer
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'd like to consider my self well rounded with my build I'm tanky I can burst I can sustain all fairly well I guess if skill wise I'd say I'm better at dueling then any thing I'd say not tooting my own horn here that I'm one of the better dks in the game na server ofc and I just want to know who else is good because besides a couple 2 3 stam dks I've not been impressed or havnt seen any one really good running it and being a dk tank imo isn't hard but tanking and killing that's what I like to see

Do you wear Heavy or Medium ? Mix ?
    But it's true Stam DKs seem rare.
    Melee Stam Heavy Armor PVP DKs seem the rarest (at least on my campaign).

You say u can burst and tank, How do you do that ? with 2H successful uppercut + charge + execute combo ?
    Meteor + crit charge ?
    Fossilize + uppercut + charge + execute ?
    Or bow + crit charge + ....

I am curious what stam PVP DK have found for best sword and board setup ?
    Cannot decide between option, since none fit all situation (or I completely bypass DPS with S/B).

And I personnally use now defensive manoeuver on that bar, since I am kind of a tactician :p and it has tremendous utility for open fights.

If you can make videos I would love to see your playstyle :)
    Do u run S/B + Bow ?
    I run 6 med 1 heavy 2 hander and sword/board I have around 3k wep damage 1600/1800 stam regen 21k hp 21k stam 9k magika 900 magika regen 700 hp regen. I run 5 hundings 3 deugh king 2 blood spawn 2 shadow walker 2 peices of nirnhoned armor 24k spell resistance 13k armor my 2 hand bar is wreckon blow unstable flame rally execute crit rush s/b bar shuffle defense stance ing shield with 10 points into bastion ransack petrifi. Champ system set up I only have 190 cp but I run 17% into mighty 5% into crit damage inc adding more ad I go 5% into thick skin 5% into elemental defender flame shock reduction 5% into bastion for better ing shields 8% into warlord 7.5% into moon calf 5% into tumbling I think I'm running 52 stam 12 health full stam glyphs on armor full stam reduction glyphs on jewelry using drinks. And yes I can beat tanks just takes a bit longer
    oh ults I use dragon leap for the shield and flawless dawn breaker on s/b bar for Inc damage on price armor a light attack ransack bash can crit for about 14k damage and it's all in a half secs time

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Eh how to edit lol 2 peice dreugh king 5 piece hundings rage 2 nirnhoned 3 divines 2 peice blood spawn 2 peice shadow walker dreugh king sword necklace shadow walker rings I'm a redguard ww
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna see the best stam dk on EU I fought so far, watch my last video and last fight in it.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your setup looks good - I wish I had shuffle though :p

I will have to check how high I can go with ransack in Heavy...
    I get to 3K+ weapon in Heavy only with a proc of the ravager set (+600) only (thanks heavy armor...). (I go 5 ravager + 5 hunding).

But due to resource starvation (thanks Heavy Armor nightmarish design) for the way I play, I need to favor stamina and stamina generation mechanics (Mundus : Tower, helping hands passive).

I have twice your armor (which does not mean a lot) but you have almost my magic resistance (I go full impenetrable though and you go ninhorned).

I have over 27K health - sometimes over 30K with alliance buffs and wells and switching to my S/B bar, I use the augment stat food however (more damage since I we have been nerfed so hard with 1.6)

Those stats you give are with purple regen food and in Cyrodil right ?

It's nice to have comparison elements though, thank you 4 sharing your stats :)

PS: to EDIT use the "cogwheel" symbol in the top right corner of your post.
    Edited by EnOeZ on June 4, 2015 5:37PM
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah in Cyrodiil and I use the warrior mundus
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    And since you like heavy armore so much run 5 heavy 2 med could help with stam management also imo sustain is key over anything else I used to run around with 3700 wep damage and 1100 stam regen and 27k stam b
    and it's fun untill you fight good players then it's bam no stam gg
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    If you wanna see the best stam dk on EU I fought so far, watch my last video and last fight in it.
    if hes the best you must very good because stam dks shouldn't have that much trouble with scorcs imo I'll try to post a few videos of me fighting some very good sorcs if I can fugire out how to edit them xD but nice videos wish me and you could duel

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep running that heavy armor spec... cause i'll eat ya alive with my 29k armor pen.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if hes the best you must very good because stam dks shouldn't have that much trouble with scorcs imo I'll try to post a few videos of me fighting some very good sorcs if I can fugire out how to edit them xD but nice videos wish me and you could duel

You on NA? We could duel on pts if you want.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭

You on NA? We could duel on pts if you want.
    Man it would take me 10 days to dl the pts haha but I'll try it :)
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭

mmm....

that video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtZbsVLahs
    The stam DK with staff and lava whip ?

Does not look like stam DK to me :expressionless:
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    keep running that heavy armor spec... cause i'll eat ya alive with my 29k armor pen.

29K armor Pen ?

Damn ! I wrote how HA would still be useless in 1.6+ PVP back in PTS days
    How is it I am always right ? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/148711/1-6-pts-heavy-armor-feedback/p1

Armor Pen is one of the reason why I keep saying that Heavy Armor Design is complete garbage in PVP since release.

I am still waiting for someone to eat me alive though.... dear Warrax.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭

mmm....

That's not the video if you look up legendary mage on YouTube it's his most recent video the last fight in it
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    And since you like heavy armore so much run 5 heavy 2 med could help with stam management also imo sustain is key over anything else I used to run around with 3700 wep damage and 1100 stam regen and 27k stam b

Yes I know Medium > Heavy and indeed the longer the fight the higher my chance to loose it against light and medium armor users. That's why I say you have to differentiate Heavy from Medium, two different playstyles.

Waiting for santa claus to have a true PVP designer one day at ZOS with interest in melee PVP Juggernaut/Berserker Style and not turtle/target dummie one. Look at this example @ZOS, Blackguard from warhammer online (RIP), all those skills designed for a front line fighter... compared to the ones we have. Heavy Armor design is just pitifull for PVP.

However I just punish errors while provoking them and looking for any kind of tactical advantage.
    As I am always overrun, people tend not to be cautious enough...

It's incredible the number of kills I get from over-confident players.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭

Yes I know Medium > Heavy and indeed the longer the fight the higher my chance to loose it against light and medium armor users. That's why I say you have to differentiate Heavy from Medium, two different playstyles.

Waiting for santa claus to have a true PVP designer one day at ZOS with interest in melee PVP Juggernaut/Berserker Style and not turtle/target dummie one. Look at this example @ZOS, Blackguard from warhammer online (RIP), all those skills designed for a front line fighter... compared to the ones we have. Heavy Armor design is just pitifull for PVP.

However I just punish errors while provoking them and looking for any kind of tactical advantage.
    As I am always overrun, people tend not to be cautious enough...

It's incredible the number of kills I get from over-confident players.
    You wanna see probably the best dk tank in the na look up lefty lucys videos on YouTube he's the guild leader of my guild after burner and probably the most mechanical tank dk I've ever seen or played with
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

29K armor Pen ?

How is it I am always right ? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/148711/1-6-pts-heavy-armor-feedback/p1

Armor Pen is one of the reason why I keep saying that Heavy Armor Design is complete garbage in PVP since release.

well I'm EP on NA. @Warraxx
    and yes, 29K rounded down. Melee Stam DK since early access.
    Edited by Warraxx on June 4, 2015 7:54PM
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭

29K armor Pen ?

Stam dk since early access what do you think of my build?
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mmm....

I'm AD EU, would be happy to see how you perform in 1v1 with your stam dk. :) You up for it tonight?
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

29K armor Pen ?

great weapon dmg and stam regen... max stam is the only thing lacking imho..
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭

29K armor Pen ?

great weapon dmg and stam regen... max stam is the only thing lacking imho..

Yeah I could swap my hp shadow walker rings for stam bands but I don't wanna drop below 20k hp maby I'll swap 1 but thanks 25k stam would be optimal
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭

mmm....

I'm AD EU, would be happy to see how you perform in 1v1 with your stam dk. :) You up for it tonight?

I know you Legendary Mage :)
    If I am not mistaken, former emperor on Bloodthorn ?

We fought several times but in mass pvp. You obvisously pick your targets where I am usually not. However I can remember our last three encounters :
    • Once you fleed (well because you can and picked another target after being fossilized twice - clever guy)
    • Once I chased you but we were 4v1 against you, I spammed "retreating manoeuver" for my team and I to catch you, what we did and I killed you
    • Once I chased you in a similar scenario, you teleported away, I spammed "retreating manoeuver", you found good spot and I used all stamina for teammates who were not good that time, 1 abandonned, you killed the second one and myself (out of stamina is deadly) and flee from the last one. Since that day I marked you as one of the sorc definitely not to chase, and not to exhaust my stamina for others I do not know if they can handle you.

I enjoy our fights, I will whisp you when in Cyrodil :)

Other noticeable adversaries : Bipolo (EP), you of course and Dodgethemthebite (AD too right ?)

But I think we are leaving the subject of this thread there...
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do mitigate armor well, but you sacrifice burst for it. Tough yes, but ive ran into you several times, and what raw output you do have it pretty easy to heal through.

It would be best classified as a fight where my bar wiggles all over the place with a spike here and there, but never quite is enough to finish the job.

That being said, ive never fought you alone, so some of that damage may not haven been yours either.

The reason my heavy build is worth it, is because it takes all the trash out of the fight. Only the few specifically specced players become a threat, and that limits the scope of the field to who i have to actually pay attention to.

80-90 percent of players out there cant even break my igneous much less my HoT (rally + vigor)

That being said, my counter attack is very one-trick pony (leap + WB w/ ravager proc) and a skilled player will adapt to it very quickly. Turning what kills bads into a stalemate that wont end.

My job in a fight is to anchor a four to six man team, go in first, get people to beat on me, hold them up, get them to tunnel vison, then my group comes out and bombs them along with me.

Works pretty well, but again, can be countered and adapted to. Im strongly considering moving to a magicka spec again, for more CC utility, but id lose the massive self healing i get out of stamina heals.
    Edited by Rylana on June 5, 2015 1:44AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no has mentioned Skaffa yet. He's up there on the list of players I back off from.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @EnOeZ what's your character name? You don't talk like any good DK I remember.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

mmm....

After seeing that videos my only thought was: "Damn, that sorc only got 3 Shields on his bar, where are the other 2?"
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    I'm surprised no has mentioned Skaffa yet. He's up there on the list of players I back off from.

Skaffa is not stamina, he is magicka heavy armor DK dual bars 1h Shield flame lash cheese spec, exploiting mechanics like flame lash going through dodge and stun into immobilize unbreakable stun exploit. When he overextends and overreaches his skill and build limit he attempts to spam mist form and escape. Nothing really special about it.

Know what's fun to do with people like that? Spam them with immobilize, watch them sit there and do nothing as they get pounded on. Most of the "OP" builds, and yes... I will agree some are OP (from broken mechanics), are countered by immobilize. It's incredibly powerful. When I play my bombard spec I receive the highest AWPH (Angry Whispers Per Hour) of any other spec I play. Immobilize is the best CC in the game at the moment, even though it is considered a soft CC. You can stun break and get immunity to stun, but you can dodge roll and not get immunity to immobilize....... it absolutely destroys heavy and light armor wearers. It even brings down bolt escapers believe it or not, most of them need that 1-2 seconds between bolt escapes to run forward and increase gap. Immobilize stops people from mist form escaping too.

P.S. I am the best stamina DK, my speedy dual wield dot build, with flying daggers of justice!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milky wrote: »

Skaffa is not stamina, he is magicka heavy armor DK dual bars 1h Shield flame lash cheese spec, exploiting mechanics like flame lash going through dodge and stun into immobilize unbreakable stun exploit. When he overextends and overreaches his skill and build limit he attempts to spam mist form and escape. Nothing really special about it.

Know what's fun to do with people like that? Spam them with immobilize, watch them sit there and do nothing as they get pounded on. Most of the "OP" builds, and yes... I will agree some are OP (from broken mechanics), are countered by immobilize. It's incredibly powerful. When I play my bombard spec I receive the highest AWPH (Angry Whispers Per Hour) of any other spec I play. Immobilize is the best CC in the game at the moment, even though it is considered a soft CC. You can stun break and get immunity to stun, but you can dodge roll and not get immunity to immobilize....... it absolutely destroys heavy and light armor wearers. It even brings down bolt escapers believe it or not, most of them need that 1-2 seconds between bolt escapes to run forward and increase gap. Immobilize stops people from mist form escaping too.

P.S. I am the best stamina DK, my speedy dual wield dot build, with flying daggers of justice!

Posts like this...

Bags on someone for using "cheese" mechanics (tell me Honest Abe, what other up front high damage class skill can magicka DKs use other than Flame Lash?) and then brags about said "cheese" mechanics.
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Milky wrote: »

Posts like this...

Bags on someone for using "cheese" mechanics (tell me Honest Abe, what other up front high damage class skill can magicka DKs use other than Flame Lash?) and then brags about said "cheese" mechanics.

You gotta cheese the cheese my friend, it's the ultimate grief. They can't stand it.

Is immobilize broken? YUP. Most people don't understand this, and don't bother to bring any immobilize. But until they fix all these other broken mechanics, it's just about the best way to stop exploiters.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

mmm....

After seeing that videos my only thought was: "Damn, that sorc only got 3 Shields on his bar, where are the other 2?"

2 out of which are available to all classes. 1 that other sorcs are running against me as well (and often higher value than mine), and many other abilities much more powerful than mine 11-12K shield.