Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Accepted Group Invite Fails

other.smith_ESO
other.smith_ESO
Soul Shriven
My son lives for creating large groups in Cyrodiil, but now when he invites someone, and they accept his invitation, they simply fail to join. The notice on the invited person's screen says they accepted the invite, while on his screen it says they declined. I had him unload all of his addons, click "restore defaults" everywhere I found the option and nothing changes. He can join groups just fine. Also, his alt character CAN create groups with accepted invitations, but not his Main.

Any help or suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does his main character happen to have a special character in their name, @other.smith_ESO?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • other.smith_ESO
    other.smith_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    In fact it does. :) It is: K'amarik

Edited by other.smith_ESO on May 27, 2015 12:49AM
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    To get rid of any special character related issues you should contact customer support

But first make sure that your online status is "online". Can be changed in the social menu when pressing "p" (green head, upper left corner). This may cause issues as well otherwise.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    i also had the same issue couple of times. everytime i add someone to a group, they accept it but i get a declined message. strangely enough someone else can invite them to the group but not me!
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glierhuin wrote: »
    To get rid of any special character related issues you should contact customer support

But first make sure that your online status is "online". Can be changed in the social menu when pressing "p" (green head, upper left corner). This may cause issues as well otherwise.
    Well said!

If your status is set to online and you're still having issues with grouping, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance. We also want to let you know that our teams are investigating why some players are unable to invite others, so keep an eye on the patch notes for updates.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on May 27, 2015 6:07PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post