The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is this game?

Eonz
Eonz
Soul Shriven
Pvp in this game is so weak, so dull. They may as well rename Alliance War to Alliance Grind. When are they releasing the REAL justice system, so I can go gank noobs in pve areas?
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eonz I'm still keeping an eye on the forums but I've reached a point where I'm done with the game. PvP is completely imbalanced now, in virtually every aspect. Players have very little freedom to customize anymore, most skills don't synergize well, the emphasis seems to be on increasing the gap between players. After taking a long hard look at the game, I've realized now that pvp is no longer about skill, and entirely about having the correct combinations of race/class/skills, and stacked items. The champion system just serves to increase the disparity between new and old players, and casual and non-casual players. Combat is completely chaotic and unpredictable in pvp. Developing a general pvp build once was possible, but now players require too many different skills to counter too many different situations. To make matters worse, burst dps dominates, making the game a 5 minute ride for one minute of combat, usually resulting in death (to those who say l2p, I say fire ballista fire ballista fire ballista snipesnipesnipesnipesnipe macro)
    Edited by Cathexis on May 26, 2015 4:33AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah just cancelled for the same reason - all I ever dream about in this game is decent PvP but my limited play time can't be justifiably spent riding, looking for a fight, and then riding again.
    It's cool if that's what they want to deliver, but I'll stay unsubbed and maybe just level a bit and feed my horses until the PvP meta changes.
  • Eonz
    Eonz
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah every mmo these days going the same way, look at black desert online for example. Firstly mmo's wanted to move away from the WOW mmo style, so they introduced more 'action' orientated combat, now they take a step back and limit this much better form of combat within pvp, makes me sad.... I dont know what it is, is it money maybe? But every mmo i've played always ends up taking the pve'ers side, whether sooner or later. Oh well, I guess I can keep waiting for the perfect pvp mmo.

So the proposed Justice system with enforcers etc etc is there a date when this will be released?
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    I still sub, but i feel the same way.
    I hope eso put my hard earned money in good use (pvp pls) :)

I will keep subbing until i feel i need a brake from the withcer 3, after that i will log eso and hope to see some changes.
    If you wonder what changes i look for..well its all out there in the forum already..short story: i like to go pvp without only encountering huge armies that run over me, and when i encounter 1 or 2 players i like to fight them and not get oneshot by starwars skills (beams,meteors remove pls, especially beams), there are many post about ppl wanting arena, i + that.
    Anyway, something needs to change, pvp is very boring now.
    Good luck eso, cya soon..i have some monster killing to do ;)

Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they will ever make the perfect pvp mmo for everyone, I guess the next pvp centric game will be Camelot Unchained, there might be some others, along the way and maybe one of those will be the one for some folks. What about Dark Fall, Arche Age ? there are games already out that are more pvp centric, pvp in a game that is rich and story and pretty much pve centric will always be what it is, I like the three faction warfare myself and like being the anti-ganker.

I just found that line about ganking noobs in the lowbie area kinda funny that anyone would even think that is pvp, I guess pvp to some folks is killing other players that have no chance to fight back, /facepalm
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on May 26, 2015 11:27AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

are you still reading the PvP forums?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they will ever make the perfect pvp mmo for everyone, I guess the next pvp centric game will be Camelot Unchained, there might be some others, along the way and maybe one of those will be the one for some folks. What about Dark Fall, Arche Age ?

Camelot Unchained looks great -- but "that next game" always looks great from this perspective. Don't get your hopes too high. I do want to play one of those leprechaun dudes. They look awesome ;)

As for Archeage, just realize that it's a fairly extreme example of P2W. That's not usually apparent to new players, not until they understand how the high-end crafting system works. I am *not* a P2W whiner. Heck, I'm ok with paying for a slight advantage. But people drop tens of thousands of dollars on their gear in AA, and they end up with an overwhelming advantage.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by wafcatb14_ESO on May 27, 2015 3:52AM
  • Molsondry
    Molsondry
    ✭✭✭

http://landofbritain.com/levels-styles-and-the-balance-system/

Looks really cool with unreal engine, pretty sure they are doing this to directly be an eso concurrent from what i seen in the trailer dungeon graphic it looks like eso. And its AvAvA with alot more pvp feature and they want to bring up some kind of dynamic map.. we far away from it but lets see
    v9 Sorcerer
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think alot of people are just hanging in Cyrodiil until Camelot unchained comes out next year. It is also a PVP / RVR progression only game but will have PVE mobs for things like crafting materials. Also crafters will make ALL the gear as well as build all stuctures, siege weapons and even castles. think Darkage of Camelot with realm rank only progression and a game map like frontiers or cyrodiil but 3 X bigger
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eonz wrote: »
    Pvp in this game is so weak, so dull. They may as well rename Alliance War to Alliance Grind. When are they releasing the REAL justice system, so I can go gank noobs in pve areas?

Yeah cuz that is so strong, so intelligent. So skilled.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We appreciate that there are several constructive posts in this thread, but many are either unconstructive or off topic. As such, we are locking this thread.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.