The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question to any Dev :Why is Magicka Sorc damage so high when facing enemies with no nirn equipment?

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, how many of those attacks did you dodge? How many did you block? I don't use harness/dampen magic and I can block the detonation explosion without issue.
    Out of curiosity how do I dodge those skills? I never managed to doge curse or detonation and dodging cf while in melee combat is almost impossible.

Btw. I don't say you should nerf sorcs as my nb could do about the same burst, I just want to know if you found a way to make fights against sorcs easier.

Use block on curse and detonation, it makes them barely move you health bar and uses minimal stamina.
    roll when you see there hands start to glow as a frag is coming, i mean come on, sorc damage is the most easily avoidable in the game.just do what ive said and you will notice sorcs having a hell of a time killing you putting you on the offensive, which you need to be to beat a sorc.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc shield stacking is completely out of hand. It's true and any Sorc who tells you otherwise is in denial.
    I am also a biased NB who still agrees that burst in this game is too high for us.

its really healing ward thats an issue, it gives such a large shield the lower the health you are, this is what makes sorcs seem unkillable. then cover it with a hardened ward and a few seconds later all that hard work you did to there miniscule health bar is healed to full.

you have to get them in some kind of cc to kill them. and you dont want them to use healing ward before they can use it again.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The choice to make damage, defense, mobility, sustainability and escape all parallel to each other and derived from the same resource is truly mind boggling. This is just a bad recipe for any class development.
    Edited by Armitas on May 26, 2015 4:32PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they nerfed healing ward sorcs would have no answer to stamina burst. Even with a 15k hard ward up i am eating HP dmg from initial burst that will nearly kill me all the time when a nb positions for a stealth crit.

Healing ward is pretty insane but it needs to be cast at low health. Bursting shields is an art an ppl shouldn't worry about how strong they are and should think about how to make them weak. dots and counter burst...
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are perfectly balanced, not OP at all!

I can cast my 25k resto heal bubble (healing ward) and even that procs my Crystal Me_h.
    So, actually, sorcs are even stronger healers than Templars

Fantastic. You're assuming the sorc starts at a sliver of health, to get that giant heal off (you know how Healing Ward works, right?). And you conclude that sorcs are better healers than Templars.

This is some honest debate, right here.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the scary thing about threads like this: There are plenty of people in Cyrodiil who kill sorcs fairly easily with a combination of burst and well timed CC. Then, there are players who open with Radiant Ward against 100% opponents, melee who don't load gap closers or CC and people who don't understand dodge roll and block.

If ZOS nerfs sorcs to the point where the latter sorts can kill them, good players will find them to be effortless kills.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc.
    /thread
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, 30k damage in 1 second is sure nasty. The difference between sorc burst and stam burst is that you typically have large glowing indicators that burst is inc.

I'm really thinking of leveling a bosmer dk, I think as champ points pile up that heavy attack damage will become more significant (since it's buffed by an additional passive) and dks will stand to benefit. I'm thinking we'll start to see 20k+ heavy attacks from bow users. Once more people are at 360 cp, I can imagine a 1 shot heavy attack that immediately returns you to stealth being a thing to build around.

Oh wait, this was a nerf sorc thread?
    Edited by jrkhan on May 26, 2015 5:53PM
  • Bezilar
    Lyzaaa wrote: »
    Sorc's are broken.. they're to scared to admit it cause of A. nerfs. B admitting they basicly suck.

Anyone playing that class and denying the fact its broken [snip] is just a coward

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

LOL "Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity" %^$#%* Ah, its good to be back.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Sorcerers are perfectly balanced, not OP at all!

I can cast my 25k resto heal bubble (healing ward) and even that procs my Crystal Me_h.
    So, actually, sorcs are even stronger healers than Templars

Fantastic. You're assuming the sorc starts at a sliver of health, to get that giant heal off (you know how Healing Ward works, right?). And you conclude that sorcs are better healers than Templars.

Healing Ward is a Sorc skill, so ofc Sorc heals > Temp heals. :sunglasses:
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello OP.

As a sorc on one of my V14s, I would like to relay to you a stunning factoid

Out of 10 casts of crystal frags

4 were dodged
    3 were blocked
    2 hit me back in the face
    1 hit a guy for 16k

Later.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Hello OP.

4 were dodged
    3 were blocked
    1 hit a guy for 16k

Later.
    1 hit OP for 16k*

And thus this thread was formed.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Hello OP.

4 were dodged
    3 were blocked
    1 hit a guy for 16k

Later.
    1 hit OP for 16k*

And thus this thread was formed.

and that is less and less happening any more - 2 nirn pieces and your entire resi pierce is compensated every additional piece pushes sorcs (magica user dmg in general) into the wet noodle area...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're assuming the sorc starts at a sliver of health, to get that giant heal off (you know how Healing Ward works, right?). And you conclude that sorcs are better healers than Templars.

I perfectly know how healing ward works and it can heal/absorb up to ~24k damage. Combined with hardened ward it works fantastic! And yes, as a mage I'll get quite often under 30% HP, even with hardened ward up all the time. My opportunities to have the full healing ward absorb value are not seldom, not at all.. (vs 2 archers and multiple healing debuffs on you, etc.)

My post also contains the information that healing staff's skills now trigger Crystal Shards. Therefore, no other class has the ability to (resto staff) heal, while at the same time having a proc-chance for the highest magicka DD spell. This facts (!) together make the resto staff in pvp very viable for sorcerers and further increase his survivability, while giving you this very nice instant damage proc.

The sorcerer can now heal and do significant damage at the same time, while other classes have no such proc's when using their resto staff. A magicka templar can not use resto staff skills combined with a high distance 15k DD instant spell with a stun. In PvP this can make a difference and it did for me.
    Edited by Francescolg on May 27, 2015 1:55PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healing staff + sapp essence/funnelhealth is pretty sick too ;)
    healing staff + RD hurts more than CF if combined with proper target choice
    healing staff + igneous shield + inhale and flame breath is a nice combo too

all classes have the option to combine their class skills with a healing staf offering them great combos.

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now healing ward is OP? Must be a slow day...
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

healing staff + 15k instant DD + stun (every third cast) does not sound better in your ears?

I just mentioned healing staff as a very, very viable second weapon for sorcerers.
    Edited by Francescolg on May 27, 2015 1:46PM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now healing ward is OP? Must be a slow day...

Please read everything before you answer. We are talking about using all Resto Staff skills in combination with Hardened Ward, etc. etc.. We are not talking about spamming Healing Ward all the time. We are talking about abilities which proc Crystal Shards and work fanstasticly with the playstyle of a Sorcerer (hardened ward up all the time, healing ward on low HP, Hots when needed, etc. etc. --> everything can proc your Crystal Shards).

Is it balanced to have a constant 15k instant damage spell up (with a very appealing proc chance), even if healing, porting away, buffing, etc. etc.? Of course, it is! :-) It is how the class was designed!
    Edited by Francescolg on May 27, 2015 2:09PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

healing staff + 15k instant DD + stun (every third cast) does not sound better in your ears?

I just mentioned healing staff as a very, very viable second weapon for sorcerers.

if your healing staff is your secondary weapon you are not going to see any CF procs at all...

and its the most viable secondary weapon for any magica user regardless if sorc, nb, dk or temp
    Edited by Tankqull on May 27, 2015 3:38PM

• cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...3 out of 4 classes have a class shield that work well with healing ward. NERF SORCS!

/sigh

Frags, like several other classes abilities, does need to have that +20% damage modifier removed. And sorcs need to have a spammable attack skill added (possibly a morph of Fury that is not an execute, but does more base damage)
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on December 9, 2015 7:50PM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kater_Murr wrote: »
    No, it isn't, and that's why Sorcerers don't have it, because, you know, Crystal Fragments is in no way "instant damage spell". Your description better fits some crazy non-existent version of Force Shock.
    guy, if you quote me, please quote the full sentence
    Is it balanced to have a constant 15k instant damage spell up (with a very appealing proc chance), even if healing, porting away, buffing, etc. etc.?
    The words "constant" and "with a very appealing proc chance" do not mean that Crystal Fragments is up all the time, but pretty much very, very often, if you keep spamming resto heals.
    You won't believe me? Try spamming resto GTAE heal or whatever resto skill you like and speak again..

Edited by Francescolg on May 27, 2015 6:23PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello to everyone ,

First of all this post isn't meant as a full rant .. maybe a bit ;) Was just curious why such big numbers can be pulled from one class !? I think the forums will burst into tears when they finally nerf the nirn gear , as magicka damage will get a lot more obvious as broken - especially the sorcerer damage .
    I have been trying to stay away from nirn gear , thinking the nerfbat will soon come . However each passing day , makes me regret not making a full set of nirn gear just to be able to get 1/3 or 1/2 of the damage i currently get .
    Example (i am at work right now , though i did make some screenshots) Velicious curse 11k damage , Inevitable detonation 16k , crystal frags 15.5k - All these were thrown down in less than couple of seconds , the burst coming up all at once almost, with the crystal frags as the coupe de grace. This combo blew my harness magicka and buffed hp instantly .
    Something worth to mention is, that some sorc was fighting the same morning outside a keep , solo killing 5-6 guys that just couldnt kill the sorc , and guess what, they were killed over and over by the same guy - hardened ward + insane burst and just kiting with bol - Doesn't take a genius to realize something is wrong .
    I know this is sorc's cup of tea and that's what they're supposed to do (as in most mmos sorcs/mages got some teleport ability , some major nuke and fillers.. at least they are squishy in most) but this game is broken damage-wise to almost fubar level .

m2qzx.jpg
    Edited by Erock25 on May 27, 2015 6:26PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    if your healing staff is your secondary weapon you are not going to see any CF procs at all...
    I'm sorry but your informations are not accurate. Don't know if it was possible before, but, since the last (major) patch, every single Healing Staff skill procs Crystal Fragments. Go and test it!
    Edited by Francescolg on May 27, 2015 6:26PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but your informations are not accurate. Don't know if it was possible before, but, since the last (major) patch, every single Healing Staff skill procs Crystal Fragments. Go and test it!

He was implying you probably don't have frags on your secondary weapon bar so you won't be proc frags at all with it.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your theorycrafted understanding of how sorcs work does not match how sorcs actually play. I've never seen any successful sorc for whom Resto Staff was their primary-bar offensive weapon. It's either a Destro Staff, Sword & Board, DW or 2-H.

In addition, you don't place Crystal Frags on a bar with spells like Healing Ward, spells you don't spam. Crystal Frags is placed on a bar with spells you cast frequently, and generally paired with your other offensive abilities. It is strong when placed with Force Shock, Mage's Fury, Entropy and the like. But if you really think that Wardspam + Frags is the path to glory, perhaps you can show us how wrong we all are.

I understand that we sorcs are all 9' tall, breathe lightning, fart thunder and master all we survey. But proccing frags with ward is not the secret.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played my VR1 nightblade for about 3 hours in an EP Zerg-infested Chillrend last night.

During those 3 hours (and many deaths) I saw a *single* crystal fragment on my death recap ...and it hit me for 11K through my pitiful 7800 Spell resistance in the back while I was fighting another player....it wasn't even the killing blow.

I died many times to Flame lash, Concealed wepaon, Impulse zerg spam, Steel Tornado Zerg spam, Fire Ballistas by the dozen, Crit Rush, Wrecking blow, Blazing shield, Meteor, radiant destruction and even a flipping Sorc Twilight Pet from Bolterity (first time for everything). The fact that a Sorc gets a reduced cost instant cast crystal fragment proc every 3 times he casts a healing ward which missed me every single time I was aware of the sorc never once crossed my mind.

Now what is this thread about again?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on December 9, 2015 7:49PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your theorycrafted understanding of how sorcs work does not match how sorcs actually play. I've never seen any successful sorc for whom Resto Staff was their primary-bar offensive weapon. It's either a Destro Staff, Sword & Board, DW or 2-H.

In addition, you don't place Crystal Frags on a bar with spells like Healing Ward, spells you don't spam. Crystal Frags is placed on a bar with spells you cast frequently, and generally paired with your other offensive abilities. It is strong when placed with Force Shock, Mage's Fury, Entropy and the like. But if you really think that Wardspam + Frags is the path to glory, perhaps you can show us how wrong we all are.

I understand that we sorcs are all 9' tall, breathe lightning, fart thunder and master all we survey. But proccing frags with ward is not the secret.

I´ve played with fragments on both bars from about september last year to the release of 1.6 so there are sorcs that did / do play that way. I no longer bother with fragments on both bars bc there is simply to much reflect / dodgerollspam / bol in the game and i find myself letting my proccs run out half of the time bc there is no opportunity to use them at all. Projectiles are sh*t.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto staff was the offensive bar.... many moons ago. Thems was the daysssssss
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin