The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Noob questions about stats/ armor in Cyrodiil

jybgess
jybgess
I'm new to the game and enjoying it very much. I'm playing a Stam focused NB. My question to you guys that have been playing for a while is whats is considered good as far as Health, Stam and Magica in Cyrodiil at VR14. What would you all suggest weapon damage should be at VR14 for a Stam focused NB? Last question. Do people use crafted armor or dropped armor in Cyrodiil? What armor set should I try to get and what armor traits would you recommend if I want to stay as a Stam focused NB. I was reading people like to put Impenetrable on all there armor to stop others from critting on you. Sorry if some of these questions sound stupid. I'm still learning. Thank you.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a magicka melee nb but I can try and answer some of these. I'll probably be off a little bit because I only tried stam once and really didn't like it. Great damage but less mobility.

Anyway

Stamina should be 28k, health 18-22k and magicka rock bottom at 8k. I would put all attribute points into stam minus what you want for your health to feel comfortable with.

You see a lot of extreme weapon damage builds but you probably want something in the range of 2800. You can get a set like skirmisher or way of air and use the dodge roll bonus to amplify your weapon damage for short combat bursts. There are more exotic hard to find pieces like Shadow Walker, Morag Tong and Dreugh King that will let you use some jewelry or dagger slots to boost weapon damage. Also you will want a buff like major brutality going which brings me to weapon choice and skill choice.

I think the consensus is 2handed and bow. Rally will get you the buff and a nice heal. Wrecking blow is great but I found that it is really hard to land with all the hustle and bustle in melee. As a magicka melee nb I have only been hit with it after a stun that I couldn't quickly break because of lack of stamina. But I'm sure there are good players out there who can make it work.

But consider ambush, surprise attack and soul harvest to be your go to combo. Add dark cloak and you have your basic pvp attack set that will get you into the action.

You second bar with bow will make you more mobile after a dodge roll because of the passive that boosts speed after a roll. Use this bar for range and escape. Put retreating manuevers on it and also dodge roll your way out of danger then use dark cloak to seal the escape once you have some distance.

The key to pvp play as a nb in my opinion is to really develop your situational awareness and get inside your opponents OODA loop. Hit hard from behind the fray looking for wounded or squishy targets. Then get out quickly. If your target is hard to kill and puts up an unexpected fight break off and live to fight another day. In a skirmish alley like the one between arrius and brk you will only have seconds to kill your target before you might get jumped by unseen friends of the target or enemies who just stumble upon your fight. Nice thing about a stam NB is that it should only take a few seconds if you do it right. :)