The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP questions - No addons, noob questions

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
So assume I'm using no addons, can some pvp veterans please answer these questions?
1) When crouched and hidden, what is the radius of your stealth to enemy players?
2) Can the radius of stealth decrease between different level players? Level 10 vs V14 for example
3) When deploying a siege weapon, does leaving the weapon decrease its damage? (Instead of staying in aiming mode)
4) On the default pvp map, how do you tell where the attacks are? Just by looking at the siege weapons deployed?
5) What's the advantage of taking ownership of a pvp spot for your guild? Like a mine or keep.
6) Why can't you quick travel to some waypoints that the map says your faction owns?
7) Does a level 10 contribute anything to pvp? Can they even kill a Veteran rank?

That's it for now. Thanks!
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll do my best.

1. At basic level you can see another stealthed player once you enter around 8m or so. The liitle eye will go from shut to a little bit open at maybe the 12m mark, not too sure of the exact distances. This can be improved by wearing medium armour with the sneaking passives or set bonuses.

2. Don't think so, just passives and set bonuses.

3. No, though they will disappear in like 30 seconds if left unattended (which is annoyingly too fast imo)

4. Crossed Swords on the map show fighting, if you mouse over keeps you can see if they are under attack. Keeps will light up if the outer wall falls under 50% health. Or you can use Cyrhud ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info559-CyrHUD.html ).

5. Not sure really.

6. Keeps need to be connected in an unbroken line from one another in order to use Transitus to travel to them. You should see these Transitus lines glowing on the map if they are unbroken and available. Also you can not travel to keeps that are flagged (glowing).

7. At level 10 you are probably best manning siege. Although you can also go to Blackwater Blade (the pre-veteran campaign) if you would prefer to be on the field using your skills. I've heard good things.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the dude above me already answered but here is some extra

1. Depends on your race. Khajit and Bosmer get a bonus. Also your medium armor passive. There are also sets that affect this. Also Radiant Magelight from the Mages Guild skill line.

7. You can be a distraction for your group. In other words, fodder. Though if you pay attention to the forums, you will see a lot of whining from vr14s who think they die too fast. That said, you will be no different. Ok humor aside, yes you can contribute. Do you have a Resto Staff and skills from that line? You can heal. You can heal just fine. All of your skills work. You can get killing blows, drop ultimates when needed, such as Negate, or whatever class you are. Yes you can be helpful.

Blackwater Blade though is probably better for you. But if you have friends that are Vets, there is no harm in joining them in Vet campaigns.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! A few more...

2) Can the radius of stealth decrease between different level players? Level 10 vs V14 for example

What I meant by this, can a V14 see a level 10 enemy player easier than another V14 enemy player?

On the restro staff....can you be a non healer class and really just use a restro staff and the skills for it to efficiently heal? Is that feasible for dungeon healing too?
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    On the restro staff....can you be a non healer class and really just use a restro staff and the skills for it to efficiently heal? Is that feasible for dungeon healing too?

Mostly no-ish, but last night (or was it a couple of days ago? It's all a blur now) anyway I was playing a sorceress who had resto staff as her 2nd bar weapon, along with a part of 4 ... lemme see, a couple of altmer tanks with 1h & sheild ... the other member of our party was also a sorceress who had resto as her bar 2, and she also had the blood fountain from (is it undaunted or fighters guild - can't recall).

Anyway with this group we were going through undaunted dungeons; usually she would be healer and occasional DPS, when it got ugly I'd whip out the resto staff and we'd both just dart around the edges and heal while she'd renew the blood fountain/font. Worked out pretty well.

So I'd say its partly what is the rest of the group - and how well do you organize/play together. We were skyping at the time, so there was really good communication, and the tanks were also using their various self heals (green dragon blood and potions).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) Stealth is unaffected by player level

5) Claiming a resource (Mine, Farm, Lumbermill) does nothing, claiming a keep allows access to that guilds store. Best to let trading guilds get the keeps, or claim a keep and sell off the claim :wink:
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    Thanks! A few more...

What I meant by this, can a V14 see a level 10 enemy player easier than another V14 enemy player?

2. This depends on the gear and class of the player. Levels mean nothing in terms of stealth and detection. Gear and racial passives however do.

Here is an example of a set that increases detection:
    UmQVjxM.jpg

There are also potions that give detection, potions that give invis. There are racials that increase your stealth radius meaning you can get closer to people without being detected. There are skills like Radiant Magelight that reveal people sneaking near you. There is also Flare in the PvP skill line.

If you want superior stealth, make a Bosmer or Khajit.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...