The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it the return of magic 1.5 DK?

TheElementalPlatypus
Note - this thread is NOT a nerf cry or qq, as I personally dont mind it at all and I am leveling a DK myself lel

Am I seeing straight?

Could it be?

Yes, I see sooooo many talons/invasion spam on DK's now. It seems to me as the build goes like this:

2 PC Engine (REQUIRED/PREFERRED)
5 heavy/2 Light
5 PC HEAVY ARENA
2 PC Torugs Pact
2 PC Cyrodiils Light

CP = all into block reduc, all intro reduce break free cost, mixed for damage

S/B: Invasion/Whip/Entropy/Reflective Scales/Talons
Resto: Hardened Armor/GDB or Coag/Igneous Shield/Rest is optional

Now obviously a bit of exaggeration this is NOT 1.5 DK, but similar in ways.
Build meant for group play/small group

Again it is annoying with the return of permablock DK/Invasion/Talons but hey! It only took so long before people switched back to magic haha.

Would like to hear other's take on this, as its pretty clear this is the dominant DK atm in cyrodiil, which I dont have a problem with, as its not nearly 1.5 DK.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    The problem, and I've run into this trying a similar magicka/heavy build on NB- is that unless you go full stamina for infiniblock/pure bunker tank that heavy armor just doesn't provide enough mitigation to go the magicka route. There is just too much burst currently to even try to tank with a magicka build. Plus with everyone running Nirnhoned your damage isn't up to par.

PvE? Works amazingly and I love it to death, but until both nirnhoned and burst are reined in I don't see anything besides pure tank, pure burst, group healer, or Sorc being viable.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    You really don't need arena, to be honest. Just spec your gear to spell DMG and regen and use drink.

Then allocate all of your champion pts into block cost, fire dmg, and stam cost reduction or stam regen.

The thing people don't realize (never realized) is that the power of the LA DK is skill synergies, not raw power.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also go for full spell dmg build and then simply Molten Weapons and some goodie, as the mages guild's Entropy for 25k heavy attacks on low health targets. I'm very sure that this build works wonderfully with any spell-dmg setup. Magicka isn't really required, so you can purely focus on weapon attack + defense (instead of the one-shot wonder build).
    DKs still have so many possibilities, my templar is just dreaming this
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's really not that many, but they're hard to miss, they have to be in your face to be most effective, and that's also the strength of it.

I think there's a lot more stamina, and that's fine.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proximity Detonation + Dragon Leap is a heck of a one-two punch.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are slowly realising than stam DK is a joke compared to magicka. So more and more are switching back.
    Edited by Vanzen on May 3, 2015 7:32AM
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    People are slowly realising than stam DK is a joke compared to magicka. So more and more are switching back.

Tried Stamina. You're incredibly squishy and most competent people know how to dodge / cancel your attacks. For me it was just "what's the point?" You don't use many class skills (nor does what you're doing really synergize with any of your passives), Nightblades have higher burst and arguably just as good survivability.

Trying something similar to this now. Curious what people think.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on May 3, 2015 8:47PM
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka dk > Wrecking blow DK
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this have something to do with nirnhoned armor, I wonder...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could this have something to do with nirnhoned armor, I wonder...

Nope.
    Magicka dk > Wrecking blow DK

Indeed.
    Ishammael wrote: »
    You really don't need arena, to be honest. Just spec your gear to spell DMG and regen and use drink.

Then allocate all of your champion pts into block cost, fire dmg, and stam cost reduction or stam regen.

The thing people don't realize (never realized) is that the power of the LA DK is skill synergies, not raw power.

Indeed.
    Snit wrote: »
    Proximity Detonation + Dragon Leap is a heck of a one-two punch.

Indeed. (Talons as you land for added lulz)
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 6, 2015 1:20AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's all this about Molten Whip isn't it still buggy as hell
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juraigr wrote: »
    What's all this about Molten Whip isn't it still buggy as hell

Have you ever been to the Molten Whip rodeo?