Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Proposal: one minute cooldown on wrecking blow

JDar
JDar
✭✭✭✭✭
could you handle that?

Yes it is another qq thread
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? No! A 2h skill that costs as much stam to cast as WB should not have a cooldown. Its a 2 handed weapon, it should have an ability like wrecking blow that is powerful!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess, someone hit through your sorc shields and now the skill that was used to do it needs to be nerfed!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I would call it a "skill"
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »

uh, don't be opening that can of worms. You might offend the snipe spammers ;D
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »

So what is WB if not skill? It's in 2 handed weapon skill line...

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Masters Great Sword (third one so far) and a Masters Bow as a pvp reward today. I feel like the game is telling me that I need to go stamina. I prefer magicka melee but maybe I should give it another shot. Dark side here I come. :)
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrecking blow is fine, if u cant keep your shields up its on you
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one minute .... xD
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. And I dont even use it. Just... No
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Masters Great Sword (third one so far) and a Masters Bow as a pvp reward today. I feel like the game is telling me that I need to go stamina. I prefer magicka melee but maybe I should give it another shot. Dark side here I come. :)

I recall your posts about finding sorcs a bit difficult-- as you go to the dark side you'll find your former concerns melting away along with the pulverized remains of the light-armored magicka-burp slingers.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO.

its hard enough getting thru all the snares and knockbacks.

its hard enough keeping up with BE users

its hard enough dealing with roll dodges and block casters

its hard enough dealing with the fact one can simply walk thru the enemy player and stop WB from even activating.

Learn to dodge/block it. its fine as it is
  • mrvbalc
    mrvbalc
    ✭✭✭
    I cant kill a DK cause of wings nerf it,
    I cant survive DK is talons nerf it
    I cant survive WB nerf it,
    I cant roll dodge jesus beam nerf it
    and so on

L2P
    967qe6gfe8s7.png
    Balc
    As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great, but only after you put a 1 min CD on sorc ward & crystal frags.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you think it'd be fair to nerf 2 sorc class abilities for the price of 1 weapon ability?

• Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is the hardest hitting abilities should not have a CC tied into them.

Abilities in general should be set up like this:

Pure damage abilities - highest dps
    Damage abilities with short cc - medium dps
    Pure CC - lowest to no DPS

A lot plays into those ranks including dots and buffs but in general a damage ability with a cc built in. The main problem is the lack of abilities to chose from.

I have been playing a stamina DK since release and I have very few options to choose from in terms of damage abilities. I either use wrecking blow as the bread and butter or I use....well exactly.

my main bar has a gap closer, a melee hitting ability, a defensive ability, a finisher and a buff

what would you slot as the melee hitting ability if not wrecking blow?
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    61814375.jpg
    #amidoinitrite?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelleton wrote: »
    The problem is the hardest hitting abilities should not have a CC tied into them.

I think if a CC is tied in, you need to also consider the armor-preference and ranged/melee class/build, e.g. ranged damage-dealers are naturally squishier and need CC to help kite.
    Abilities in general should be set up like this:

Pure damage abilities - highest dps
    Damage abilities with short cc - medium dps
    Pure CC - lowest to no DPS

Copying & pasting from ESOhead so I hope the numbers are correct:

Wrecking Blow:
    Knock back - 4 meters
    Stun - 3.5 seconds
    Special - Grants you Empower for 5 seconds, increasing the damage of your next attack by 20%

Crystal Fragments:
    Knock down - 2 seconds
    Special - Casting other spells has a 35% chance of causing your next Crystal Fragments to be instant, doing 20% more damage, and costing 50% less Magicka

So to be in line with your assertion, Crystal Frags *should* be hitting noticeably harder than Wrecking Blow. Is it? I think that may depend on build/skill (including armor type) and whether one is "utilizing" the Nirn bug. Also, CPs make it much easier to mitigate magicka damage, whereas not much against physical damage.
    A lot plays into those ranks including dots and buffs but in general a damage ability with a cc built in. The main problem is the lack of abilities to chose from.

I have been playing a stamina DK since release and I have very few options to choose from in terms of damage abilities. I either use wrecking blow as the bread and butter or I use....well exactly.

my main bar has a gap closer, a melee hitting ability, a defensive ability, a finisher and a buff

I think it's about the same for every class. I think this is the natural result of abilities not having cooldowns, not to mention the limit on skill bars.
    what would you slot as the melee hitting ability if not wrecking blow?

If I had a melee char I wanted to play (big if) I'd probably go WB too. At this point in time it's just the "sensible" thing to do. I think it's bad design.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I'm fine with a one minute cool down on Wrecking blow.

While we are there, perhaps a 1 minute cool down on cloak and a 1 minute cool down with crystal fragments.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are right I was just huttburt about an encounter

2 handers are pretty easy to deal with as a nightblade TBH I just got caught with my pants down

Lot of good 2h players out there, sorry for dissing y'all
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    61814375.jpg
    #amidoinitrite?

lol yes hahaha
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jeez...let's just put various cool downs on all the abilities. How about a 1-2 second global cool down on basic attacks. Heck, while we're at it why don’t we add in tab lock targeting, stick, assist macros, auto attack.
    /sarcasm

Not having these things is what makes the PvP fun imo.

I have faith that they will eventually get around to fixing the glaring issues...
    1378095315_laughter.gif
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »
    Oh Jeez...let's just put various cool downs on all the abilities. How about a 1-2 second global cool down on basic attacks. Heck, while we're at it why don’t we add in tab lock targeting, stick, assist macros, auto attack.
    /sarcasm

Not having these things is what makes the PvP fun imo.

I have faith that they will eventually get around to fixing the glaring issues...
    1378095315_laughter.gif

No I only meant cooldowns on the abilities that bads spam
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as opposed to to the one minute wind up?
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give it the same chance to bug out in animation for 20-30 seconds like the Templar Charge - Fixed! =D
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs are cross as they're not used to taking damage.

nerf hardened ward. its stupid. whats that? you'd die if you didnt have it?.lol.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on May 3, 2015 7:02AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    My horse feed is 20 hours, WB should have CD longer than that. Lets make it 24 hours cooldown.
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy that people are still getting noobed by wrecking blow. It's balanced, you just have to be smarter than the mouse in your hand.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

So you think it'd be fair to nerf 2 sorc class abilities for the price of 1 weapon ability?

No, I think the 2 sorc abilities should be nerfed regardless, if you wanna take WB down a notch as well I'm fine with that.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭

haha this
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I remember when it had a 3 second cast time and was interrupt-able....