The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will racial change come? Current racials (imperial, dark elf) are OP compared to rest.

monkeymystic
monkeymystic
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously?

Some racials (imperial and dark elf mainly) have a HUGE impact on dps/stats compared to the rest.

It's taken this long, and we have not seen either balanced racials or race change?

ZOS, when are you fixing this?

I know several who quit since they didnt want to reroll a new char with better racials..
Edited by monkeymystic on April 30, 2015 10:41PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Imperial for my mains and i gotta say they do seem op compared to the rest.

Id like to see orc, argonian and poor old nord catch up to them lol.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did talk about about allowing racial trait changes. You are not changing your race or looks, but swapping one racial pack (all traits from one race) with another.

But they are not going to even give that option until they do the racial trait review, in which all racial traits get a little balancing and that is not going to happen to after console release.

So the answer is

SOON
    Edited by Natjur on April 30, 2015 10:45PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    They did talk about about allowing racial trait changes. You are not changing your race or looks, but swapping one racial pack (all traits from one race) with another.

But they are not going to even give that option until they do the racial trait review, in which all racial traits get a little balancing and that is not going to happen to after console release.

So the answer is

SOON

Interesting, I must have missed that being said. (not being sarcastic)
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Natjur wrote: »

So the answer is

SOON

Interesting, I must have missed that being said. (not being sarcastic)
    It was on ESO live, they TALKED about it, and said they were LOOKING at it, but like all things on ESO Live, I do not trust any of it until it happens. Cause there text summary after did not include it.

We all remember them clearly saying they are tracking all V14+ exp and we will all get CP matching our earned exp, and we never got that.
    Edited by Natjur on April 30, 2015 10:54PM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be faster to roll a new toon to VR14 than wait for the changes unfortunately
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be faster to roll a new toon to VR14 than wait for the changes unfortunately

Yep.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it depends on the class you want to play with one of the mentioned races.
    F.e. an Imperial Sorcerer is not that OP, imho...
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    Seriously?

Some racials (imperial and dark elf mainly) have a HUGE impact on dps/stats compared to the rest.

It's taken this long, and we have not seen either balanced racials or race change?

I know several who quit since they didnt want to reroll a new char with better racials..

Okay so max hp and stamina plus hp regen on hit... Yeah incredibly op.... God forbid you have insane magicka and regens like the Altmer or the stamina regens of the Redguard oh did I forget the bosmer and Khajiit for stealth, maybe the orcs and nords for the killer tank usage... Hmm. Dark elves op? Unless you're talking about a well fed vampire dk..

There's no real OP race..
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look it's this guy again..
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh? So my main mightblade is OP for being dunmer... uhm... why exactly?? Maybe ny dunmer sorceror is... I mean, that ice staff he is using for flavor reasons really is boosted by... hmmm... okay, so I should use a fire staff instead?

Yeah, some builds benefit from some races. Dark elves might make great dragonknights, and be useful for going vampire, but any other class... not that much of an advantage over other races I'd think. And the bonus to dual wield training is useless in the endgame anyways, that'd one outta four wasted, one could say. Imperials have some good points, anbd some bad points too...

Some racial passives balance could maybe be tweaked a bit, but... I don't really see any race as being OP from all the alts I have played. Guess this is something only min/maxxers worry about...
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

They stated a couple of weeks ago that race changes are being added to the cash shop. They did not say when.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it depends on the class you want to play with one of the mentioned races.
    F.e. an Imperial Sorcerer is not that OP, imho...

Nerf sorc >:)
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything this guy/gal isnt clueless about in ESO? Good grief.
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on May 1, 2015 12:24PM
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB OP? :trollface:
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in another thread, figured it fits here... short answer is that I believe they are working on this NOW...

"Per this poll 37% of players will change their race given the option, plus the chance for another 6% depending on changes made to racials. We have a fairly large sample size now approaching 600 votes. Let's say that this represents the whole ESO community. Let's also assume, for arguments sake, that ESO has around 200,000 active players (no idea how many people dropped off since late last summer when we knew the numbers were around 700,000). Also say they charge $20 for a race change as well (could be more).

Cue math:
    37% of 200,000 = 74,000.
    $20 x 74,000 = $1,480,000.
    + a chance at the additional 6% of the player base... 12,000 x $20 = $240,000.

Based on these conservative assumptions... race changes are going in the game."
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Dark Elf? Are you serious?

Imperial and Breton, yes, but Dark Elf? What the heck makes Dunmer OP at all?!
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will be offering paid race changes, and won't be balancing the passives, because right now people are lining up at the door with money in the hands to change their race to Imperial or Altmer.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Vaerth wrote: »
    Seriously?

15% dual wield bonus? Seems like they are the only race dual wielding may actually be able to equal or surpass using a 2H.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

They have the almost the same max magicka bonus as altmer/breton (off by only 1%), a small boost to stam, and the +fire dmg is ideal for DK min/maxers. If you're any other class, the race is far from the best for min/max, but for DK's that play dps it's the best choice for many players.

You can't normally achieve the kind of flat +dmg boosts that altmer and dunmer get for their elemental racials so it's a way to bypass the walls most players run up against when maxing their dps.
    Edited by Zheg on May 1, 2015 1:39PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

15% dual wield bonus? Seems like they are the only race dual wielding may actually be able to equal or surpass using a 2H.

We have a 15% dual wield bonus? SCORE!
    The Moot Councillor
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Seriously?

We have a 15% dual wield bonus? SCORE!

Apparently it is only experience gain, not damage. I apologize for my mistake.
    I haven't actually played much with my Dunmer and I only vaguely remembered seeing something on dual-wield.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. OK. No worries.

She's still dual-wielding regardless. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Lol seriously ? Stupid reason to quit wonder how they do in reallife when something isnt going their way.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

That last sentence "know several who quit" haha you can't be real. Listen you knew from the start that each race has its pros and cons and i guess you failed at that. If you failed at selection its not game fault and now you want game devs to change that ? Also balanced racials suck there is nothing interesting in that its just plain and plain and plain, and yes i know they changed softcaps and lot of other things but im pretty sure that u can get really good build even now with your race passives... oh yea and nope there is no huge impact on dps/stats with races you mentioned, the difference good/bad DPS is only in gear/build/rotation/ANIMATION CANCELING/WEAVING those are the real problems to fix besides huge lag and fps drops...
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Well if you think about it compared to most races with stats increases Dummer does have at lot more than most.
    • They get Fire resistance which fire is the most damaging elemental skill
    • They 9% Max Magicka and 6% Max Stamina
    • Increase spell damage of fire moves by 7%
    Breton have
    • Reduce magicka by 3%
    • Increase spell resistance
    • Increase magicka by 10%
    When you think about Dunmer does have some of the best stats for hybrid using Magicka and Stamina than all the other races. So I guess why people think their op.While Imperial have the best Max health and Stamina with Orc next. Redguard are the best Stamina overall. Breton and Altmer have some of the best Magicka. While Khajiit have Critcal, Bosmer have the stamina regen and Nords have damage reduction. Argonains get healing received by 6% and puny Max health 3% just like the Nords.

Right now the Passive robust people hate. So the Orc, Nords, and Khajiit need to get better racial to replace it. While Argonains, Nords and Khajiit need a boost in Max stats.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on May 1, 2015 3:50PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molagent wrote: »
    Seriously?

Okay so max hp and stamina plus hp regen on hit... Yeah incredibly op.... God forbid you have insane magicka and regens like the Altmer or the stamina regens of the Redguard oh did I forget the bosmer and Khajiit for stealth, maybe the orcs and nords for the killer tank usage... Hmm. Dark elves op? Unless you're talking about a well fed vampire dk..

There's no real OP race..

+10% Health and Stamina means +2.5k to each for Imperial at VR14 with a stam build.

That's a HUGE advantage. Especially the stam as it adds so much damage to stam based skills.
    Edited by Bouvin on May 1, 2015 4:13PM
  • Latter
    Latter
    ✭✭✭
    Every single class has one race that is perfectly made for it, dunmer is just the best DK race, and since dks are arguably the strongest dk class when played right, that makes dunmer+dk a insane combo, but it doesnt make it OP, the differences really arent THAT big.
    * vMoL Hardmode completed
    * vMoL Nodeath completed
    * #1 v16 vSO clear

Check out my builds on Tamriel Foundry!
    Magicka Templar DD - http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/latters-magplar-dd-for-vet-dungeons-trials/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx8bZlCBgvxLRL9iHBFRceg
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This topic has been discussed to death and it doesn't matter how you show that certain racials are either not OP or at the very least only situational, people will relentlessly insist that they are. There is no need to change them and yet no amount of facts will convince these people otherwise.
    :trollin:
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is happening until after console release, and depends on where this change is on their to do list. I would advise against holding your breath :(
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are clearly in the worst spot right now. It's kind of ridiculous. I don't know what ZOS is thinking.