The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If fear gets nerfed into uselessness, I want a class based self heal

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »
    @Bashev but the problem is all We have is burst and fear, *** poor heals, CCs that need extra steps with easy and well known counters or a non blocking enemy w/o a damage shield it's not like take away fear and we balance out most Nightblades have always had power builds !.6 lets you go as Glass as you want taking fear will mean that more people will go pure canon so get kills pass Be and BoL or DK blocking and The rolling sets have the highest damage buffs they take away fear and we will all see way more Dodge roll builds we don't much to keep us alive fear is a power that always works with it we just have Cloak and I counter other NBs Cloaks with pot the second they pop it we don't have much going for us

Hell just look at the leader list of any camp very few Nightblades there
    Magicka NBs can use resto staff for heals and Stamina NBs use Vigor (It will be at rank 5 next big patch). Adding crazy mitigation with roll dodge for stamina NBs or cloak for Magicka NBs between the fears and we have an OP synergy.

Hmm, does every other class in the game not also have access to everything you've just mentioned AND class defenses?
    Yes all classes have access to these skills and that was my point. kendellking_chaosb14_ESO asked for heals for NB and I answered him what he can use.

Yes, but his real complaint was that compared to every other class in the game, NBs don't have a ton of defenses going for them, which is why many NB players feel that having a very strong CC ability is balanced.

Cloak is neutered by detect pots, the only good self-heals are dependent on killing something and can't be used during the actual fight (unless 1vX). This thread is specifically about compensation if Fear is made useless (like MANY players are asking for).

You didn't address any of these points at all. All you did was mention 2 abilities that every other class ALSO has access to ON TOP of their already existing class defense mechanics.

What class can't use a Resto staff or Vigor? How does taking away NB's only true manner of gaining breathing room make a NB balanced when compared to the other classes if every class ALSO has those AND defensive moves?

@kendellking_chaosb14_ESO did ask for heals FOR NB. And you answered him w/ non-NB heals.
    DKs has no range skills and no escape skills and the only counter to range builds was Reflective scales. Now it is almost useless and nobody cared for the lack of range and escape skills when asked for the nerf. I guess this is what will happen soon with NBs fear.

Even after the nerf, Reflective Scales is pretty darn good. It just doesn't make you immune to ALL projectiles for the duration anymore. I use it all the time on my DK archer still; nothing like daring people to reflect my Snipes w/ flappy wings.

DK has a great self-heal, a pretty good shield (that also boosts that great self-heal), an AoE root, a reflect (even if nerfed), a RANGED UNBLOCKABLE CC, auto-snare on any Ardent Flame ability, and 2 of the best defensive Ults in the entire game.

Did you somehow forget that?

If you take away a NB fear, they don't have a laundry list of defensive maneuvers even HALF the length of DK's.

PS) "OMG DKs got nerfed so nerf NBs too!" is not really an argument, though we do have a word for this: Spite.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    nothing more to say

one more thing to say: stamina morph!
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Fear shouldn't be nerfed. Bugfixed, perhaps, but not nerfed.

People just have to get used to the fact that classes they don't play are nonetheless permitted to have a few really good class skills.

Hey... it could happen. Maybe.

well where is the skillful counter to fear? there are good skills and then there are blatently unavoidable overpowered skills that set you up for burst damage that you cant avoid.

Oh. You mean like Bolt Escape or Green Dragon Blood, Or Scales? Don't want to be feared? Use Ranged attacks. Not everything has to have an immediate counter and not all abilities do. It does have a counters situationally or strategic counters. As a NB sometimes my counter is WTF disappearing and not attacking until I have an opening because there is NOTHING else to be done in the moment that would be favorable.

That's life....shrug.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fear needs to fear a fear nerf because thats what fear needs!
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a NB who has spent a lot of time recently playing without fear..

I can't count how many times i kill fear spamming NB players, as a NB who no longer maps fear. And the amount of times i get hate whispers about being a fear nub, after killing players without using fear once or even having it mapped at all.

People are so hard wired to associate NB with fear, to the point where they don't even realize it's not being used in a fight. And just assume that when any NB kills them, fear was involved and they have some sort of excuse for being bad. Some magical reassurance that they weren't outplayed by someone better than them.

It's the funniest thing in the world. This one skill has left a psychological scar on the face of the ESO PvP community, and even long after it's nerfed and gone people will awake in terror from it.
    Edited by OdinForge on May 14, 2015 1:15PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

I can't count how many times i kill fear spamming NB players, as a NB who no longer maps fear. And the amount of times i get hate whispers about being a fear nub, after killing players without using fear once or even having it mapped at all.

People are so hard wired to associate NB with fear, to the point where they don't even realize it's not being used in a fight. And just assume that when any NB kills them, fear was involved and they have some sort of excuse for being bad. Some magical reassurance that they weren't outplayed by someone better than them.

It's the funniest thing in the world. This one skill has left a psychological scar on the face of the ESO PvP community, and even long after it's nerfed and gone people will awake in terror from it.

Well tbh, half of the NBs I encoutner these days are just staying in 10m distance, rooted, spamming fear...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Well tbh, half of the NBs I encoutner these days are just staying in 10m distance, rooted, spamming fear...

Half might be understating it a bit, as a NB i feel like I'm the only one not using it atm in a sea of 2H/Bow NB players. I'm not sure if this ability is balanced, I'm not sure if it's overpowered in the current game. It used to (still does in some ways) serve an important role, of getting through tanky block spammers. But i wonder what would happen if ZOS modified this skill to removing the ability to block for x amount of time (or something else similar) with a cooldown, to achieve the same effect while losing the CC everyone hates. Because NB still needs a way to get around block.

I have many ways to CC most players not including fear, all but the tankiest and blockiest.
    Edited by OdinForge on May 14, 2015 1:47PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly happens to fear?
  • wanderlustx5
    I would be happy to trade fear for a heal the same as either Breath of life or second choice Green Dragon blood. I will go further in saying i would like to trade blur for a class damage shield that stacks based on max stamina just like the sorc shield stacks based on max majica. Sounds like fair trades, where do I sign up?
    Wanderlust: vr14 DK
    Wanderlust Mender vr14 Templar
    Wanderlust Ninja vr14 NB
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have very little for class defense, besides the 20% dodge chance that anyone can get with the medium armor power and and fear losing fear is half of our defensive powers like really fear and blur is all we got pots and AoEs counter cloak so hard
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be happy to trade fear for a heal the same as either Breath of life or second choice Green Dragon blood. I will go further in saying i would like to trade blur for a class damage shield that stacks based on max stamina just like the sorc shield stacks based on max majica. Sounds like fair trades, where do I sign up?

Eh, I might play a NB, too, at some point. Don't gimp the class like that. :frowning:
    ToRelax wrote: »

Half might be understating it a bit, as a NB i feel like I'm the only one not using it atm in a sea of 2H/Bow NB players. I'm not sure if this ability is balanced, I'm not sure if it's overpowered in the current game. It used to (still does in some ways) serve an important role, of getting through tanky block spammers. But i wonder what would happen if ZOS modified this skill to removing the ability to block for x amount of time (or something else similar) with a cooldown, to achieve the same effect while losing the CC everyone hates. Because NB still needs a way to get around block.

I have many ways to CC most players not including fear, all but the tankiest and blockiest.

I didn't say only half use fear. I said half are noobs who spam fear out of range ;) .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB heals?

Terrific Idea!!!!

5726675727_triumph_insult_head_xlarge.jpeg

....for me to poop on.

Edited by Makkir on May 15, 2015 5:13AM
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I wish they would give gdb to nbs so people would be tempted to slot it instead of any of their far more powerful abilities :smiley:
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should really be ranged and single target.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should really be ranged and single target.

So it should be Fossilize, is what you're saying.