The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If fear gets nerfed into uselessness, I want a class based self heal

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that fear makes you drop block now so it's CC break instantly or die. Do ppl really not remember pre 1.6? I keep wondering why no one brings up the forced block drop in these discussions.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    The problem is that fear makes you drop block now so it's CC break instantly or die. Do ppl really not remember pre 1.6? I keep wondering why no one brings up the forced block drop in these discussions.

Because we discussed this to death pre 1.6 and ZOS chimed in and said that was a bug and fixed it for 1.6?
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

Because we discussed this to death pre 1.6 and ZOS chimed in and said that was a bug and fixed it for 1.6?
    Your point? ZOS can say anything isn't intended, at the end of the day it's mere rhetoric in response to all the NBs that were crying that ppl kept blocking in fear. Why should that have any impact on discussing balance?

Think about it, reverting to the original form of fear goes a long way to resolving these complaints; people speced for tanking who are blocking continue to block in fear and benefit from their spec, they can ether drain stam and CC break or sit in fear and be locked out of all skills for 4 sec - already a very powerful effect. People who aren't speced for blocking will suffer excessive stam drain since blocking is more expensive in 2.0. This changes the skill to a powerful stam drain rather than guaranteed insta death if not broken out of instantly.
    Edited by Teargrants on May 10, 2015 9:15PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    It is super funny how NB and Sors (not in this topic) say L2P. You didn't think like this before 1.6 when DKa were super OP and some DKs said in the nerf DKs topics L2P to all Sorcs and NB.

The issue with fear, is that there is either a delay with the break free(which i have encountered), or one simply cannot break it whatsoever. that is an issue with the CC/break free system itself, not fear.

The fact fear goes thru block is a good thing, it discourages perma blocking, and forces people to do something besides hold block and spam X ability.

I myself do not think it should snare people. I think the snare should be removed. the fact it affects multiple people is ok with me, as the NB lacks any reliable class based self heal or class based damage shield, so the class needs an "oh s***" button besides the 2 and a half second cloak that can be broken by a multitude of things.
    Edited by Cody on May 10, 2015 9:46PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    It is super funny how NB and Sors (not in this topic) say L2P. You didn't think like this before 1.6 when DKa were super OP and some DKs said in the nerf DKs topics L2P to all Sorcs and NB.

the only thing about DKs that I complained about were talons, and that was about AOE roots in general. Nor did I use a DK in 1.5.

so any other assumptions you want to throw my way hero?
    So you complained Talons which are AoE root and you can still block and you cannot understand why people now complain about fear which is AoE, which drops block?

Because I can!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the only thing about DKs that I complained about were talons, and that was about AOE roots in general. Nor did I use a DK in 1.5.

So you complained Talons which are AoE root and you can still block and you cannot understand why people now complain about fear which is AoE, which drops block?

because AOE roots could be constantly re-applied, no matter how many times one rolled out. with fear, once you break it, you get 5 seconds of immunity(or one should, the CC system is out of whack)
    Edited by Cody on May 10, 2015 9:49PM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cody, the cc break has nothing to do with the post you responded to. I am talking about the crowd control automatically br
    breaking upon taking damage, not a player manually freeing themselves with the active base skill. The nightblade fear is unique in this category in that it will stay on even after attacking a victim and is even area of effect to boot, while the other three main class cc's break when you attack your target.

God forbid a skill is actually unique. Would you really want all classes to have the same buffs, CCs and debuffs? I don't see the problem with Fear if CC Break would work 100% of the time, though I could accept it if it got nerfed to single target (in PvP only).
    Edited by Zsymon on May 10, 2015 10:17PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your point? ZOS can say anything isn't intended, at the end of the day it's mere rhetoric in response to all the NBs that were crying that ppl kept blocking in fear. Why should that have any impact on discussing balance?

You can say that all you like, it doesn't really change anything about what happened.

/shrug
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, you could still hold block WHILE feared prior to 1.6, so they didn't have much reason to complain.

/shrug
    You didn't get what I wrote, did you?

I did, it was basically "OP classes say L2P". You were also generalizing that the people saying L2P about fear are the exact same people who were complaining about DKs.

But since this is a topic about Fear specifically, I talked about the actual topic instead of spouting some nonsense that doesn't really have anything to do w/ anything.

/shrug
    Actually what I said is related to the topic. The skill is really OP because it is instant cast, AoE which doesn't break on damage. It adds damage debuff and snare. Do you think that the skill is really OK? On top of that we can add all the bugs that the skill brings. But all the players who defends it say L2P.

Strange, because the VAST majority of the people defending the ability have said something along the lines of "Fix the bugs w/ the ability first, then let's see how it really is."

The bug w/ not being able to break free is related to Break Free, not Fear itself, and needs to be fixed. The bug that was making people fall through the world was already fixed, I believe, or at least I haven't had issues w/ that lately.

After that, I don't honestly believe it's the ability itself that is overpowered, but much more the fact that damage is completely out of control right now. Fear wasn't a problem when you couldn't be insta-gibbed during its duration.

Not true. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/168350/nb-fear-should-be-blockable/p1 Everyone insisted it was balanced well, not bugged, and that anyone with an issue with it needed to learn to play, for well over a hundred posts, before it became widely known the skill not only is overpowered, but also very bugged. Since then, these same posters now cite the bugs they were unaware of, as a defense for the skill itself being overpowered to try to deflect from the topic at hand. #todayyoulearned =). The very starter of this thread, even, sung the same song and dance that anyone getting in trouble from being feared was just a noob having a hard time adjusting to needing to play better.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 11, 2015 12:11AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game needs fear just the way it is right now.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe break free should be tied to magicka then we'll see how fun fear is. I want to magically break free of ***
    Joined September 2013
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Maybe break free should be tied to magicka then we'll see how fun fear is. I want to magically break free of ***

Uhoh.... inc claims of how that would be obscenely gamebreakingly overpowered even though stamina builds work that way now, sharing their main and stacked resource with it.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you could still hold block WHILE feared prior to 1.6, so they didn't have much reason to complain.

/shrug

I did, it was basically "OP classes say L2P". You were also generalizing that the people saying L2P about fear are the exact same people who were complaining about DKs.

But since this is a topic about Fear specifically, I talked about the actual topic instead of spouting some nonsense that doesn't really have anything to do w/ anything.

/shrug
    Actually what I said is related to the topic. The skill is really OP because it is instant cast, AoE which doesn't break on damage. It adds damage debuff and snare. Do you think that the skill is really OK? On top of that we can add all the bugs that the skill brings. But all the players who defends it say L2P.

Strange, because the VAST majority of the people defending the ability have said something along the lines of "Fix the bugs w/ the ability first, then let's see how it really is."

The bug w/ not being able to break free is related to Break Free, not Fear itself, and needs to be fixed. The bug that was making people fall through the world was already fixed, I believe, or at least I haven't had issues w/ that lately.

After that, I don't honestly believe it's the ability itself that is overpowered, but much more the fact that damage is completely out of control right now. Fear wasn't a problem when you couldn't be insta-gibbed during its duration.

Not true. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/168350/nb-fear-should-be-blockable/p1 Everyone insisted it was balanced well, not bugged, and that anyone with an issue with it needed to learn to play, for well over a hundred posts, before it became widely known the skill not only is overpowered, but also very bugged. Since then, these same posters now cite the bugs they were unaware of, as a defense for the skill itself being overpowered to try to deflect from the topic at hand. #todayyoulearned =). The very starter of this thread, even, sung the same song and dance that anyone getting in trouble from being feared was just a noob having a hard time adjusting to needing to play better.

Why on earth would I be talking about a completely different thread while posting in this one?

For that matter, why are you?

Ironically, I post in a TON of threads related to Fear, NBs, Sorcs, and DKs, and yet I refrained from that one because I felt that it degenerated pretty quickly into a lot of peeen waggling from the start. Seems it didn't waver much from that course. : P
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

/shrug

/shrug

Why on earth would I be talking about a completely different thread while posting in this one?

Ironically, I post in a TON of threads related to Fear, NBs, Sorcs, and DKs, and yet I refrained from that one because I felt that it degenerated pretty quickly into a lot of peeen waggling from the start. Seems it didn't waver much from that course. : P

I think that the original poster making a duplicate thread and backpedaling completely on the fear issue within days is critically relevant to frame why this extra thread exists and what the reasoning might be behind it. I thought that was pretty obvious. Couple that with your disingenuously disguised rebuttal on the topic of fear being overpowered in here, and I felt it prudent to point out the disconnect.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 11, 2015 12:41AM

✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Sorcs :wink:
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

/shrug

/shrug

I think that the original poster making a duplicate thread and backpedaling completely on the fear issue within days is critically relevant to frame why this extra thread exists and what the reasoning might be behind it. I thought that was pretty obvious. Couple that with your disingenuously disguised rebuttal on the topic of fear being overpowered in here, and I felt it prudent to point out the disconnect.

whatever works for you friend.

let me know once fear gets nerfed into uselessness like everyone seems to want so i can make a request for a good reliable class based self heal.
    Edited by Cody on May 11, 2015 12:59AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear needs to be left alone fix the CC system it hits three people great all three will break it so Hope you have Rally and Vigor oh and don't forget Swallow Soul to buff your heals the class is nice burst no real heals let me explain that

My Healing
    Argonian 6% more heals
    Two pieces Heavy 2% more heals
    CP 6% more heals
    *Siphoning passive +3% heals for each siphon power on your bar
    *Swallow Soul 8% more heals +3%
    *Soul Tether +3%
    Unassailable 4 pieces 8% more heals

So thats 36% more heals taken and Swallow Souls only heals my for 600 every two seconds if UNBLOCKED and Normal spell resistance. All my real heals are from Alliance War and Two Handed (bar is all class and Rally for my Maul) we have *** poor heals no shielding fear gets people off of you and gives you much need room and time to heal up with non class HoTs.
    Look at the steps needed to get good heals like really though.

CCs
    1) All Stealth attacks
    2) Incapacitating Strikes - if not blocking and have more health then me
    3) Veiled Strikes (Concealed Weapons and Surprise Attacks) - only Stuns from Stealth or Shadow Cloak both are countered with pots and mage light and anyone with two sense feeling a Nightblade will hit block when we cloak so no stun
    4) Fear you already now
    5) Shades needs all the buffs they damage debuff for just 4 seconds then hit for 400 points damage for the next 21 seconds really the whole power is just anti-block and even then really?!?!?!
    6) Soul Shred and Soul Tether (only not the healing one that does half the damage and no stun or heals for the caster so trash) 4 second Stun
    7) Agony 1.1 second cast time blockable and breaks on any damage sucks so bad if instant cast not as bad or keep the cast time but break on X damage or unblockable like the DK one but no. Cast time, blockable and breaks with damage with a DoT weaker then Path just remove it PLEASE
    8) Cripple immobilize for 1.5 seconds and the only power slower then Overload

Do you really think that the lack of Shield or good heals is Justify by these mostly Situational CCs Really
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear needs to be left alone fix the CC system it hits three people great all three will break it so Hope you have Rally and Vigor oh and don't forget Swallow Soul to buff your heals the class is nice burst no real heals let me explain that

My Healing
    Argonian 6% more heals
    CP 6% more heals
    *Soul Tether +3%

So thats 36% more heals taken and Swallow Souls only heals my for 600 every two seconds if UNBLOCKED and Normal spell resistance. All my real heals are from Alliance War and Two Handed (bar is all class and Rally for my Maul) we have *** poor heals no shielding fear gets people off of you and gives you much need room and time to heal up with non class HoTs.

CCs
    1) All Stealth attacks
    3) Veiled Strikes (Concealed Weapons and Surprise Attacks) - only Stuns from Stealth or Shadow Cloak both are countered with pots and mage light and anyone with two sense feeling a Nightblade will hit block when we cloak so no stun
    4) Fear you already now
    5) Shades needs all the buffs they damage debuff for just 4 seconds then hit for 400 points damage for the next 21 seconds really the whole power is just anti-block and even then really?!?!?!
    6) Soul Shred and Soul Tether (only not the healing one that does half the damage and no stun or heals for the caster so trash) 4 second Stun
    7) Agony 1.1 second cast time blockable and breaks on any damage sucks so bad if instant cast not as bad or keep the cast time but break on X damage or unblockable like the DK one but no. Cast time, blockable and breaks with damage with a DoT weaker then Path just remove it PLEASE

Do you really think that the lack of Shield or good heals is Justify by these mostly Situational CCs Really

so agony Is blockable?

interesting...
    well, as a side note, it cant be used in PvP:(
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

because AOE roots could be constantly re-applied, no matter how many times one rolled out. with fear, once you break it, you get 5 seconds of immunity(or one should, the CC system is out of whack)
    Constantly re-applied and constantly countered. There are counter available for all classes: roll doge, purge and rapid maneuver. On top of that every class has a counter: Sors - bolt escape, NB - teleport strike and templar - cleanse. But you still complained. Do you know a counter for fear? It is immovable 5 seconds, potions 15 seconds and break free. Roots was the best way to drain stamina and now it is useless because all the QQ.

Edited by Bashev on May 11, 2015 7:40AM
    Because I can!
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait. People in this thread want Nightblades to have even more options to heal themselves and others?

Ridiculous, but I'll take it.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Constantly re-applied and constantly countered. There are counter available for all classes: roll doge, purge and rapid maneuver. On top of that every class has a counter: Sors - bolt escape, NB - teleport strike and templar - cleanse. But you still complained. Do you know a counter for fear? It is immovable 5 seconds, potions 15 seconds and break free. Roots was the best way to drain stamina and now it is useless because all the QQ.
    You do mean balanced right cause as I remember Ranging a DK is dumb and standing is his Talons as he Lava Whips you over and over again only to waste stamina rolling and still being Talon range or Gap close Talon so raise and repeat part one all that on the Tankest class in the game I can see how not being able to perma root broke DK so back that No ne plays a DK every... Right thats what happened Right?

For the King of Argonia
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You do mean balanced right cause as I remember Ranging a DK is dumb and standing is his Talons as he Lava Whips you over and over again only to waste stamina rolling and still being Talon range or Gap close Talon so raise and repeat part one all that on the Tankest class in the game I can see how not being able to perma root broke DK so back that No ne plays a DK every... Right thats what happened Right?
    Please read my posts in the topic. I said that DKs were OP as hell and it is the same situation now with the NBs and Sors (when the nirn is nerfed). Just now when the NBs and Sors are OP they forgot what was before when they were smashed by all the DKs. Now all of them says L2P as DKs used to answer in all the DK nerf topics.

Because I can!
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bashev but the problem is all We have is burst and fear, *** poor heals, CCs that need extra steps with easy and well known counters or a non blocking enemy w/o a damage shield it's not like take away fear and we balance out most Nightblades have always had power builds !.6 lets you go as Glass as you want taking fear will mean that more people will go pure canon so get kills pass Be and BoL or DK blocking and The rolling sets have the highest damage buffs they take away fear and we will all see way more Dodge roll builds we don't much to keep us alive fear is a power that always works with it we just have Cloak and I counter other NBs Cloaks with pot the second they pop it we don't have much going for us

Hell just look at the leader list of any camp very few Nightblades there

For the King of Argonia
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bashev but the problem is all We have is burst and fear, *** poor heals, CCs that need extra steps with easy and well known counters or a non blocking enemy w/o a damage shield it's not like take away fear and we balance out most Nightblades have always had power builds !.6 lets you go as Glass as you want taking fear will mean that more people will go pure canon so get kills pass Be and BoL or DK blocking and The rolling sets have the highest damage buffs they take away fear and we will all see way more Dodge roll builds we don't much to keep us alive fear is a power that always works with it we just have Cloak and I counter other NBs Cloaks with pot the second they pop it we don't have much going for us

Magicka NBs can use resto staff for heals and Stamina NBs use Vigor (It will be at rank 5 next big patch). Adding crazy mitigation with roll dodge for stamina NBs or cloak for Magicka NBs between the fears and we have an OP synergy.

Because I can!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

roots were a way to almost permanently keep someone immobilized entire battles, and they could be spammed WAY more than one could roll dodge or purge. It needed adjusting. Now though people can roll dodge/purge enough to where one cant be literally stuck in one place the entire battle.

btw, BE was not a counter, one was still rooted:D

Edited by Cody on May 11, 2015 3:12PM
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Healing
    Argonian 6% more heals
    CP 6% more heals
    *Soul Tether +3%

CCs
    1) All Stealth attacks
    4) Fear you already now

The real issue are the bugs and other problems in the CC and CC break mechanics: too long of an animation, not reliable, needs to provide immunity to soft CC (ahem, Talons), etc. Fear is just putting a spotlight on these bugs/issues.

You're right though, we NBs do have terrible heals when not using Resto or if you don't have access to Vigor (the change to lower level req probably won't come for another 3 months). The problem is though, the changes to potions that 1.6 brought are what have exacerbated the self-healing issues NBs face. We used to be able to use potions every 15-20 seconds (so multiple times during a fight) and they healed for 30% more thanks to the old Catalyst passive (plus another 15% if you were an Argonian like myself). It was costly, but at least pretty effective as an 'oh crap' heal that didn't strain your resource pools. Ultimate generation is not the problem that it once seemed when they first unveiled the new ult generation mechanic. Thus, Catalyst should be reverted back to something that boosts NB burst-healing.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on May 11, 2015 3:31PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka NBs can use resto staff for heals and Stamina NBs use Vigor (It will be at rank 5 next big patch). Adding crazy mitigation with roll dodge for stamina NBs or cloak for Magicka NBs between the fears and we have an OP synergy.

Hmm, does every other class in the game not also have access to everything you've just mentioned AND class defenses?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hmm, does every other class in the game not also have access to everything you've just mentioned AND class defenses?
    Yes all classes have access to these skills and that was my point. kendellking_chaosb14_ESO asked for heals for NB and I answered him what he can use.
    Because I can!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes all classes have access to these skills and that was my point. kendellking_chaosb14_ESO asked for heals for NB and I answered him what he can use.

Yes, but his real complaint was that compared to every other class in the game, NBs don't have a ton of defenses going for them, which is why many NB players feel that having a very strong CC ability is balanced.

Cloak is neutered by detect pots, the only good self-heals are dependent on killing something and can't be used during the actual fight (unless 1vX). This thread is specifically about compensation if Fear is made useless (like MANY players are asking for).

You didn't address any of these points at all. All you did was mention 2 abilities that every other class ALSO has access to ON TOP of their already existing class defense mechanics.

What class can't use a Resto staff or Vigor? How does taking away NB's only true manner of gaining breathing room make a NB balanced when compared to the other classes if every class ALSO has those AND defensive moves?

@kendellking_chaosb14_ESO did ask for heals FOR NB. And you answered him w/ non-NB heals.

Edited by Varicite on May 11, 2015 5:24PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, but his real complaint was that compared to every other class in the game, NBs don't have a ton of defenses going for them, which is why many NB players feel that having a very strong CC ability is balanced.

Cloak is neutered by detect pots, the only good self-heals are dependent on killing something and can't be used during the actual fight (unless 1vX). This thread is specifically about compensation if Fear is made useless (like MANY players are asking for).

You didn't address any of these points at all. All you did was mention 2 abilities that every other class ALSO has access to ON TOP of their already existing class defense mechanics.

What class can't use a Resto staff or Vigor? How does taking away NB's only true manner of gaining breathing room make a NB balanced when compared to the other classes if every class ALSO has those AND defensive moves?

@kendellking_chaosb14_ESO did ask for heals FOR NB. And you answered him w/ non-NB heals.
    DKs has no range skills and no escape skills and the only counter to range builds was Reflective scales. Now it is almost useless and nobody cared for the lack of range and escape skills when asked for the nerf. I guess this is what will happen soon with NBs fear.
    Because I can!