The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If fear gets nerfed into uselessness, I want a class based self heal

• Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is 1 of overpowered tools NB got atm. Fear along with their burst + good escapes make pvp boring for all else.

NB are even worse then Sorcs, atleast a Sorc you can see comming toward you and be rdy. A NB gank you from invis in 1-2 seconds.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »
    Fear is 1 of overpowered tools NB got atm. Fear along with their burst + good escapes make pvp boring for all else.

NB are even worse then Sorcs, atleast a Sorc you can see comming toward you and be rdy. A NB gank you from invis in 1-2 seconds.

perhaps if you did the snipe+ ambush combo you would insta gank me.....
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yawn l2p
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    This really has nothing to do with fear and everything to do with being able to avoid all damage in between fears.

oh i like this idea, whenever you are feared you avoid all damage, awesome! no more getting set up for burst you cant avoid!!!!!!
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play all four classes, they all have some really OP abilities if they are used correctly. 4.5 seconds is a long time and with lag you simply can't break free quick enough sometimes, if at all.

As a NB I'd be happy with 3 seconds ("if this is a player"), especially as the number of effected targets was increased to 3 in the last update.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add cooldown to role dodge.

Change hardened ward to scale with health.

Game fixed.

I heard that magicka builds have a cooldown on both their main defenses and offensive abilities.

Confirm / deny?
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game fixed.

Wrong.
    These suggestions are terrible.

This really has nothing to do with fear and everything to do with being able to avoid all damage in between fears.

Wrong again.
    There is a problem with fear not breaking. Even with full stam, players get glitched and are unable to break the fear.

Yet tons of idiots (you know who you are) are always parroting other idiots and asking for something to get nerfed because they are too ignorant and lazy to do their own research, find out the problem, and report it accordingly.

Fear needs a tweak, not a nerf.

Strange, the same forum champs post in almost every single thread.

I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

oh i like this idea, whenever you are feared you avoid all damage, awesome! no more getting set up for burst you cant avoid!!!!!!

What?

Do you speak/understand English?
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

Game fixed.

Wrong.
    These suggestions are terrible.

Wrong again.
    There is a problem with fear not breaking. Even with full stam, players get glitched and are unable to break the fear.

Yet tons of idiots (you know who you are) are always parroting other idiots and asking for something to get nerfed because they are too ignorant and lazy to do their own research, find out the problem, and report it accordingly.

Fear needs a tweak, not a nerf.

Strange, the same forum champs post in almost every single thread.

Yawn you are clearly incapable of deciphering the whines of the forum whingers. They are not merely whining about the bug, they are whining about the entire skill.
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't WoW fear, give the guy massive health regeneration...so if you get feared, you get healed at the same time.

that would balance it.

because most good NBs combine fear with their burst when their target is lower health - so the CC immunity is pointless since you are dead 1 second later.

but say you get feared and get healed to 100% health, then it's just a fight reset.

I don't know...anything is better than this Call of Duty 1-2 shot kill fest
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if fear and petrify dont get fixed so there is some way to skillfully counter them, i am probably just going to up and leave until they do. its easy for a nightblade to say, well blah blah blah, because you can just turn invisible to reposition and use fear from stealth.

if you dont see how fear and petrify are killing the game on top of huge bursts following them, they you just must be blind. notice how the population in pvp is taking a sharp drop in populace accross all factions. This is a big factor! go head and keep defending these abilities and kill pvp. i dont mind because i wont be here either and i have been playing for over a year and a half, dedicated.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't WoW fear, give the guy massive health regeneration...so if you get feared, you get healed at the same time.

No, Fear never did this in WoW.

You're probably thinking of Polymorph, which breaks on any damage and heals your opponent to full health. Fear just made you run away while taking damage and had a chance to break on large hits.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if fear and petrify dont get fixed so there is some way to skillfully counter them, i am probably just going to up and leave until they do. its easy for a nightblade to say, well blah blah blah, because you can just turn invisible to reposition and use fear from stealth.

if you dont see how fear and petrify are killing the game on top of huge bursts following them, they you just must be blind. notice how the population in pvp is taking a sharp drop in populace accross all factions. This is a big factor! go head and keep defending these abilities and kill pvp. i dont mind because i wont be here either and i have been playing for over a year and a half, dedicated.

Game hasn't even been out for a year and a half.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is PvP population dropping? I haven't seen this at all.

Every class in the game relies on slowly depleting your resources then landing some CC to burst you down in a duel.

This game wasn't built around Dueling. It's a group game. As far as I can tell every class has a CC ability they can follow up with burst. Whats the damn issue?

Duuk
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hm? We nightblades have multiple heals. Fixing outright broken and bugged skills isn't a Nerf. It's a bug fix.

My nightblade has.....

Sap essence
    Funnel health
    Leeching Strikes
    Reaper's mark
    Soul refresh
    Refreshing Path (underpowered and certainly needs buffing)

In exchange for lacking a self bubble in the class skill lines we get extra damage boosts like major and minor berserk readily available for 33% damage amplification, as well as unique utility like shadow image and dark cloak , plus a free major armor buff up nearly full time in pvp with normal fighting. But wait, there's more! We also get an unblockable AOE stun that moves them and then snares while debuffing the damage they deal, the only one that does multiple foes for a class line skill. And as icing on the cake, we get a free 8% max magicka boost and 30% stamina regeneration.

If you think hotfixing the bugs with our fear is going to make it useless, you have bigger build and playstyle problems from relying on known broken and not working as designed skills like Mass Hysteria.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 9, 2015 10:27PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB need improved self-heals and a dmg shield from class line... Regardless of fear changes. So yeah that.
    Edit: or fix cloak, buuuwaaaaaahhaaaaaaa
    Edited by Sacadon on May 9, 2015 10:31PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Another OMG a Nightblade killed me so nerf them thread.

Well, I've been dying a lot to sorc lately to please nerf Hardened Ward, Bolt Escape, and Crystal Fragments.

Also... a few templars have gotten me with radiant destructions in group fights. So please nerf that. Oh ya, and biting jabs too. but don't nerf their heals.. I like getting my heals.

DKs have already been nerfed pretty hard. But hey, since they were king for so long don't leave them out, lets remove Flame lash and Igneous shield too.. so that way they can be gimp.

Then lets remove fear.

61802765.jpg

Think the point went over people's heads =), but yeah, just like in first person shooters, people blame anything they can as to why they lost a fight, like "bad map" or "imbalanced teams" even when each side has the same number of players, or they blame lag. ANYTHING to not admit to themselves that they simply lost, and it was their failings that caused it so they should learn from it. Instead they often blame the neighbor's cat for meowing too loudly and startling them.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hm? We nightblades have multiple heals. Fixing outright broken and bugged skills isn't a Nerf. It's a bug fix.

My nightblade has.....

Sap essence
    Funnel health
    Leeching Strikes
    Reaper's mark
    Soul refresh
    Refreshing Path (underpowered and certainly needs buffing)

In exchange for lacking a self bubble in the class skill lines we get extra damage boosts like major and minor berserk readily available for 33% damage amplification, as well as unique utility like shadow image and dark cloak , plus a free major armor buff up nearly full time in pvp with normal fighting. But wait, there's more! We also get an unblockable AOE stun that moves them and then snares while debuffing the damage they deal, the only one that does multiple foes for a class line skill. And as icing on the cake, we get a free 8% max magicka boost and 30% stamina regeneration.

If you think hotfixing the bugs with our fear is going to make it useless, you have bigger build and playstyle problems from relying on known broken and not working as designed skills like Mass Hysteria.

sap essence is only good for full on tanks, against players that dont know how to fight it

funnel health heals based on damage done, which is little healing due to block casting/ damage shield spamming/stacking

leeching strikes heals for 2% per light/heavy attack. This is NOWHERE near enough sustainability for a heal.

soul refresh? I dont recall that being very good either.......

refreshing path, as you said, sucks

mark target requires the target to be killed, making it useless as a heal in 1v1s and against people that dont go down in 5 seconds.

NB heals either suck or are VERY situantional. The class needs the survivalbility given to it by its cloak, its fear, and other abilites, to stay competitive. If fear gets removed or nerfed to uselessness, the class WILL need a good, instant, reliable self heal to keep it competitive.

and note, i never said fear would be useless if the CC bugs were fixed. People WANT the ability to be massively nerfed without realizing what the true problem is, and is why I am against anyone wanting a nerf to the ability itself.

Rely on it? I do not rely on it. I only use it when I get jumped from stealth, or if my enemy perma blocks the entire battle... i do not rely on it whatsoever. but if i cant get people off of me, and i have no heal to heal the damage, how will i survive
    Edited by Cody on May 9, 2015 10:50PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

It's been available for some of us full time since October 2013.
    Duukar wrote: »

Every class in the game relies on slowly depleting your resources then landing some CC to burst you down in a duel.

This game wasn't built around Dueling. It's a group game. As far as I can tell every class has a CC ability they can follow up with burst. Whats the damn issue?

Duuk

Sure, but the other 3 classes break on damage, are not aoe that hit multiple targets with a moving stun that has no advance counter and stays on until it expires or you die, do not trigger a major armor buff, not nearly always ignore cc break and immunity, nor do they snare you and reduce your damage while being unblockable.

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

It's been available for some of us full time since October 2013.
    Duukar wrote: »

Duuk

Sure, but the other 3 classes break on damage, are not aoe that hit multiple targets with a moving stun that has no advance counter and stays on until it expires or you die, do not trigger a major armor buff, not nearly always ignore cc break and immunity, nor do they snare you and reduce your damage while being unblockable.

fear is ignoring CC break due to a bug with the CC SYSTEM. it is not the fault of the ability, and the fact you want the ability itself to suffer for it is bad.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you played beta you have been playing for a year and a half in pvp.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Full time closed beta began at the start of October in 2013 while before that there were shorter tests lasting a week or so each. My first test was in July that year and my user registration date reflects that :). For me it's been nearly two years, but for most it h's been around a year and a half as the poster asserted.

@Cody, the cc break has nothing to do with the post you responded to. I am talking about the crowd control automatically br
    breaking upon taking damage, not a player manually freeing themselves with the active base skill. The nightblade fear is unique in this category in that it will stay on even after attacking a victim and is even area of effect to boot, while the other three main class cc's break when you attack your target.

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Full time closed beta began at the start of October in 2013 while before that there were shorter tests lasting a week or so each. My first test was in July that year and my user registration date reflects that :). For me it's been nearly two years, but for most it h's been around a year and a half as the poster asserted.

@Cody, the cc break has nothing to do with the post you responded to. I am talking about the crowd control automatically br
    breaking upon taking damage, not a player manually freeing themselves with the active base skill. The nightblade fear is unique in this category in that it will stay on even after attacking a victim and is even area of effect to boot, while the other three main class cc's break when you attack your target.

NBs already have an ability like that, it is called Agony:)

I would not mind if the snare from fear got removed, perhaps even if it affected one target, but it cant break on damage. the NB class already has an ability that does that.
    Edited by Cody on May 10, 2015 5:07PM
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did fear get buffed yet? Needs it
    Joined September 2013
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is super funny how NB and Sors (not in this topic) say L2P. You didn't think like this before 1.6 when DKa were super OP and some DKs said in the nerf DKs topics L2P to all Sorcs and NB.
    Because I can!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    It is super funny how NB and Sors (not in this topic) say L2P. You didn't think like this before 1.6 when DKa were super OP and some DKs said in the nerf DKs topics L2P to all Sorcs and NB.

Well, you could still hold block WHILE feared prior to 1.6, so they didn't have much reason to complain.

/shrug
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

Well, you could still hold block WHILE feared prior to 1.6, so they didn't have much reason to complain.

/shrug
    You didn't get what I wrote, did you?
    Because I can!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

I did, it was basically "OP classes say L2P". You were also generalizing that the people saying L2P about fear are the exact same people who were complaining about DKs.

But since this is a topic about Fear specifically, I talked about the actual topic instead of spouting some nonsense that doesn't really have anything to do w/ anything.

/shrug
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

/shrug

I did, it was basically "OP classes say L2P". You were also generalizing that the people saying L2P about fear are the exact same people who were complaining about DKs.

But since this is a topic about Fear specifically, I talked about the actual topic instead of spouting some nonsense that doesn't really have anything to do w/ anything.

/shrug
    Actually what I said is related to the topic. The skill is really OP because it is instant cast, AoE which doesn't break on damage. It adds damage debuff and snare. Do you think that the skill is really OK? On top of that we can add all the bugs that the skill brings. But all the players who defends it say L2P.
    Because I can!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

/shrug
    Actually what I said is related to the topic. The skill is really OP because it is instant cast, AoE which doesn't break on damage. It adds damage debuff and snare. Do you think that the skill is really OK? On top of that we can add all the bugs that the skill brings. But all the players who defends it say L2P.

Strange, because the VAST majority of the people defending the ability have said something along the lines of "Fix the bugs w/ the ability first, then let's see how it really is."

The bug w/ not being able to break free is related to Break Free, not Fear itself, and needs to be fixed. The bug that was making people fall through the world was already fixed, I believe, or at least I haven't had issues w/ that lately.

After that, I don't honestly believe it's the ability itself that is overpowered, but much more the fact that damage is completely out of control right now. Fear wasn't a problem when you couldn't be insta-gibbed during its duration.