The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If fear gets nerfed into uselessness, I want a class based self heal

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
nothing more to say
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Point at clanfear cast time-

Careful what you wish for.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades are pretty overpowered honestly. I say that as a NB. Giving a heal will just lead to more cries for nerfs. So no, totally disagree.
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make cloak and cripple work.

remove stealth detection pptions.

remove fear .
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're at it, ZoS, I want a damn pony. Not a small horse. A g-d PONY.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭

Reduce radius perhaps but not remove. I used to run without stealth pots actively in my quickslot bar until I came across a NB who either had a mostly working cloak or stealth wasn't being broken by 'in combat'. He kept hitting me in near-melee range 2 or 3 times before ducking out for a short period for a good 45s straight. I felt like I was being toyed with :#
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

remove fear .

pots can only be removed if the 3sec of stealth provided by cloak would be the only stealth option in game. on the other hand that 3sec cloak window should be unaffected by pots though.

the only thing about fear that needs to be changed is that it needs to be instantly breaked by break free on a 100% reliablity.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

remove fear .

pots can only be removed if the 3sec of stealth provided by cloak would be the only stealth option in game. on the other hand that 3sec cloak window should be unaffected by pots though.

the only thing about fear that needs to be changed is that it needs to be instantly breaked by break free on a 100% reliablity.

Fear(among a few other hard CC's) also needs to grant CC immunity like all the rest of hard CC's. Regardless if you CC break or let the CC run it's course.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »

remove fear .

Fear(among a few other hard CC's) also needs to grant CC immunity like all the rest of hard CC's. Regardless if you CC break or let the CC run it's course.

How many times do I have to say this.....you get CC immunity from being feared from not only break free but even if you let it run its course. The immunity last just as long as the snare and maim rebuff.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »

remove fear .

How many times do I have to say this.....you get CC immunity from being feared from not only break free but even if you let it run its course. The immunity last just as long as the snare and maim rebuff.

you meant to say sometimes you get cc immunity if it runs it course, most the time it doesnt.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear shouldn't be nerfed. Bugfixed, perhaps, but not nerfed.

People just have to get used to the fact that classes they don't play are nonetheless permitted to have a few really good class skills.

Hey... it could happen. Maybe.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Fear shouldn't be nerfed. Bugfixed, perhaps, but not nerfed.

People just have to get used to the fact that classes they don't play are nonetheless permitted to have a few really good class skills.

Hey... it could happen. Maybe.

well where is the skillful counter to fear? there are good skills and then there are blatently unavoidable overpowered skills that set you up for burst damage that you cant avoid.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aside from bug fixes, fear is still too good as an AE, insta cast, long duration hard cc.

Making it break on non-dot damage would be one fix.

Adding a cast time would be another option

Making break free from fear cost less would be another (or make break free while under the effects of fear restore x stamina over 5 second, if that is easier to code)

Make fear single target 15' ranged base, with AE trap morph, would be another option
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear doesn't need to be nerfed, but blocking needs to be BUFFED so that it can block Fear like any other spell effect.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear doesn't need to be nerfed, but blocking needs to be BUFFED so that it can block Fear like any other spell effect.
    I respectfully disagree. I know "making sense" goes out the window in a game where people throw magic fireballs, but the idea of being able to block a telepathic compulsion/illusion magic with a shield doesn't feel right to me.

As a Nightblade with Mass Hysteria on my back bar, I would much rather see the skill break on damage. Or even require a channel. It NEEDS to be a soft CC if it's going to stay AoE.

Or maybe if they want to keep it as a hard stun, make it single target?

But yeah, from a lore perspective I can't see anyone being able to counter a Psijic's telepathy (or any other lore-appropriate explanation for mind magic) with a shield or a piece of metal.

;)
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak works fine. I would know, because I roleplay as a Klingon Bird of Prey. Cripple works fine; it's not supposed to literally cripple someone, like remove the use of their legs or numb all of their sensation "down south", if that's what you're referring to. It can be blocked, and there are abilities which grant a temporary snare immunity, if that's why you think it doesn't work.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there. Magicka NB here we're not all broken stamina build and need fear, thanks! (PS, increase the magicka cost if you like)
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    nothing more to say

You have self heal HoTs, as well as an invisible escape that removes dots....what more do you want? the ability to fly?

NBs are op as hell as it is.
    Edited by monkeymystic on April 30, 2015 10:46PM
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    Why'd u need a heal if ur the tankiest class out there?

(roll dodge is the best mitigation in the game)

Lets talk about taht 30% stamina regen passive shall we?
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    I'm cool with removing fear. Just make cripple an instant travel and root the enemy for 2 seconds.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    nothing more to say

You have self heal HoTs, as well as an invisible escape that removes dots....what more do you want? the ability to fly?

NBs are op as hell as it is.

the self heals are pure garbage and only work based on damage done, which means almost no healing due to the block cast/damage shield spam meta.

the cloak lasts 2.5 seconds and can be broken by potions, AOE attacks, mage light, flares, caltrops, and other counters.

OP as hell? no. far from it.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lyzaaa wrote: »
    Why'd u need a heal if ur the tankiest class out there?

(roll dodge is the best mitigation in the game)

Lets talk about taht 30% stamina regen passive shall we?

seemingly infinite roll dodge is not specific to NBs. any class can do it. the 30% extra regan is just a bonus. Players can roll dodge a crap ton of times due to game mechanics, not one class.

and trust me, a DK is MUCH tankier than a NB, save if its a saptank tanking 15 people at once that dont know how to fight it. a sorc is much tankier than a NB due to hardened ward, and templars... i dont need to go into detail about them:)

and no, i am not calling the other 3 classes OP, merely stating fact.
    Edited by Cody on May 1, 2015 1:30AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from bug fixes, fear is still too good as an AE, insta cast, long duration hard cc.

Making it break on non-dot damage would be one fix.

Adding a cast time would be another option

Making break free from fear cost less would be another (or make break free while under the effects of fear restore x stamina over 5 second, if that is easier to code)

Make fear single target 15' ranged base, with AE trap morph, would be another option

1) Costs WAY too much for this. Every CC that breaks on damage also lasts 3-5 times as long.

2) Cast time would kill it entirely. See Agony and Rune Prison.

3) lol, break free costs less from 1 CC only? No. Not even worth more of a response than that.

4) So you want to give us Fossilize instead? Also, no to AE traps, nobody uses the ones in the game we have, why add another worthless skill?
  • Kahrgan
    Kahrgan
    ✭✭✭
    If you get feared, just breakout... You already have a counter, use it.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another OMG a Nightblade killed me so nerf them thread.

Well, I've been dying a lot to sorc lately to please nerf Hardened Ward, Bolt Escape, and Crystal Fragments.

Also... a few templars have gotten me with radiant destructions in group fights. So please nerf that. Oh ya, and biting jabs too. but don't nerf their heals.. I like getting my heals.

DKs have already been nerfed pretty hard. But hey, since they were king for so long don't leave them out, lets remove Flame lash and Igneous shield too.. so that way they can be gimp.

Then lets remove fear.

61802765.jpg
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    While you're at it, ZoS, I want a damn pony. Not a small horse. A g-d PONY.

can Nords have... extra large horses too? One of them heavy winter horse breeds?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG IM GETTING WRECKED BY NBs 24/7 !! NERF THESE OP FEARING HACKERS !! NERF THEM INTO OBLIVION !! (or morrowind)

sick and tired of all this qq...
    You get cc immunity from breaking fear. Always.

°‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • klink012
    klink012
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf fear to the extent they nerfed the Sorc's ability: CRIT SURGE!! Damn OP Sorcs!
    Edited by klink012 on May 1, 2015 8:25PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Another OMG a Nightblade killed me so nerf them thread.

Well, I've been dying a lot to sorc lately to please nerf Hardened Ward, Bolt Escape, and Crystal Fragments.

Also... a few templars have gotten me with radiant destructions in group fights. So please nerf that. Oh ya, and biting jabs too. but don't nerf their heals.. I like getting my heals.

DKs have already been nerfed pretty hard. But hey, since they were king for so long don't leave them out, lets remove Flame lash and Igneous shield too.. so that way they can be gimp.

Then lets remove fear.

61802765.jpg

I am not asking for a nerf. read the title.

i did not read the rest of your reply. if you will not read my title, i will not read your reply.
    Edited by Cody on May 1, 2015 9:03PM
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add cooldown to role dodge.

Change hardened ward to scale with health.

Game fixed.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    This really has nothing to do with fear and everything to do with being able to avoid all damage in between fears.