The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why does it take ten years for me to reach the character screen after log in?

AgamemnonV1
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Most times I have logged into this game, I stare at a loading screen for three to five minutes. Sometimes it's just five seconds or so. What is with the atrocious loading times?
  • Konstantine
    Konstantine
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe your settings are too high and you need to tune it down a little to let loading go faster? It could be also a problem with your PC if it just meets minimum requirements to play the game.
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same issue since March. It never used to be this way w/sub, well for me at least. I have a good computer and super duper fast interwebs so I blame B2P :p
  • AgamemnonV1
    Maybe your settings are too high and you need to tune it down a little to let loading go faster? It could be also a problem with your PC if it just meets minimum requirements to play the game.
    I said the times are completely random. Just now, I logged in and the character screen popped up after five or six seconds.