The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZoS Save PVP and Balance

Rhakon
Rhakon
✭✭✭
@ZoS Save PVP and Balance.

I love this game but what is happaning now is disgusting, its the worst game balance ive ever seen in any PvP-Game!
Damage is to high, CC need to be balanced at all classes. CC should be available, predictable and tactically usefull for all classes.

Nightblades need a massive nerf. well played this squishy roaming rouges cant get killed.
They have best CC with best burst while can escape every dangerus situation, outlast enemys is also no problem if burst is to low.There are no disadvateges to Nightblades, and the detection pots are useless to often,when you took one you cant take antiknockback potion against fear, and when you take this you would need tripod before you get outlasted, aso...
NB has an answer on all situation.

Sorcs have best defence shield and cast-absorbing escape they have no risk either to skill full glasscannon.
The minefield destroyes allmost all melee fighters when used right.
The spelldmg and regen can be stacked to high.
Mages could need a good stamina build.
The pets could be cool but the need changes.

Templars needs love! Radiant destruction is a joke of a finisher, nerfed already 3 times...but is anoying as hell.
Beside that Templars are to weak in one on one that you never see one at the duel place.
Templar needs a whole rework, they have no utility and all what made them strong got nerfed(cyrodiil shield and heal-nerf)
Blazing shield was patched into uselessnes and the aura does the same as pots, casts are slow and reflecable.......... there you could go on endless..
While they was the weakest class hit them lying on the ground!

Dragonknights feel well rounded atm nothing is out of controll.
Enlight me whats to strong or weak at this class? ive no idea.

Glasscannons should have a risk to do high damage i does not see an disadvantage. especially at NB and Sorc.
Make armor Usefull again!

in patch 1.5 was way better balance, the situation now is out of controll!

Do something and bring content to PvP !

And please, Sorcs and NB not try to defend your imbalance with deceptive arguments. Be fair and think of solutions!

Anyone have ideas, coplaints or solutions?

greets
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB is overpowered! you can eat em for breakfast easier than any other. Sorcs? lol.... just lol. Templar? JESUSBEAM FTW!! DK? its cool class.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 28, 2015 10:51PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rhakon wrote: »

I love this game but what is happaning now is disgusting, its the worst game balance ive ever seen in any PvP-Game!
    Damage is to high, CC need to be balanced at all classes. CC should be available, predictable and tactically usefull for all classes.

Nightblades need a massive nerf. well played this squishy roaming rouges cant get killed.
    They have best CC with best burst while can escape every dangerus situation, outlast enemys is also no problem if burst is to low.There are no disadvateges to Nightblades, and the detection pots are useless to often,when you took one you cant take antiknockback potion against fear, and when you take this you would need tripod before you get outlasted, aso...

Sorcs have best defence shield and cast-absorbing escape they have no risk either to skill full glasscannon.

Templars needs love! Radiant destruction is a joke of a finisher, nerfed already 3 times...but is anoying as hell.
    Beside that Templars are to weak in one on one that you never see one at the duel place.
    Templar needs a whole rework, they have no utility and all what made them strong got nerfed(cyrodiil shield and heal-nerf)
    Blazing shield was patched into uselessnes and the aura does the same as pots, casts are slow and reflecable.......... there you could go on endless..

Glasscannons should have a risk to do high damage i does not see an disadvantage. especially at NB and Sorc.

And please, Sorcs and NB not try to defend your imbalance with deceptive arguments. Be fair and think of solutions!

greets

Solution is to lower the damage so people can't be obliterated in seconds.

The problem with PvP on games is people are too obsessed with killing each other they forget what games are really suppose to be about: fun. And it's not fun being one-shotted.
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, endless boltescapes, shadowports, cloak, shieldstacking and anoying beams without cooldowns are not fun too.

the feeling of fighting was gone with 1.6. its bursting and escaping now.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    The problem with PvP on games is people are too obsessed with killing each other.
    kevin-hart-tare.gif
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think op is a templar by reading his post :/
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

This guy is playing his NB because it´s a better class than sorc :open_mouth:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of class balancing they should first focus on:

1. Server stability to eliminate Cyrodil lag.
    2. Mechanics fixes like using cc break without actually breaking, dodgerolling while still receiving damage, bugs related to mounts, soft cc like root (OP AS [snip]),
    3. Damage received when being sniped is delayed for the person getting killed and no game should allow being killed without any chance of reaction, thats just ***.
    4. Class balancing
    I believe most of these issues will resolve or at least improve if the PvP lag is controlled...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 29, 2015 12:16AM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with PvP on games is people are too obsessed with killing each other they forget what games are really suppose to be about: fun. And it's not fun being one-shotted.
    If @Ezareth's pic didn't make sense...

The whole point of PvP is that fighting and killing other players is exactly what makes it fun. No one likes getting rekt. But it's fun as hell doing it to another player. Especially when you've invested weeks or months perfecting your build and skill sequence/rotation.

If you're not obsessed with killing other players, PvP is not for you.
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah lets not make this like world of warcraft where killing someone with a healer takes 20 minutes. Don't reduce burst damage overall, some specific abilities may need tweaking, but overall you should die if you get hit with a piece of siege weaponry, or get ulted and you weren't blocking with half hp or standing in an AoE and made no attempt to get out of it. Any class can burst anyone, but generally that is if you make a mistake. You deserve to get bursted at that point.

The PvP in this game is very fast paced when keeps aren't involved. It actually makes the PvP in the game fun, nerfing burst damage so a small percentage of the playerbase that cannot react in time, can then have more time to react, at the detriment of the majority of the playerbase, is not a good idea. Making it harder for people to die = more players accumulating in one spot = more lag. Group vs Group fights will literally be the epitome of *** matter because two good, organized groups with good healers as it stands now can drag fights out for ages. Killing people is part of the fun, spending 10 minutes to kill one person is not fun (against certain players, a 1v1 can actually last longer than this as it stands right now anyway, because roll dodge spam, block, dmg shields, heals, etc).

I whole heartedly agree with everything Whyn said, improve CC break/roll dodge functionality, server stability and class balance. That should all come first.
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Jakeol wrote: »
    I whole heartedly agree with everything Whyn said, improve CC break/roll dodge functionality, server stability and class balance. That should all come first.

From two nightblades.. the strongest class right now with good magica and stamina builds aviable...
    ofcourse you can wait...

Stamina sorcs or templars can not, they are freekills for you.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "no disadvantages to NBs"

how about our lack of self heals and class based damage shieldS?

I'm sorry, but I cannot read past that:( as that shows your lack of knowledge about the class.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

greets

As someone who plays a DK and a Nightblade..I have to say

Wat...

Cause....I carry a stack of 200 of them on me at all times, and they are by far the best potion to use against Nightblades...It'd be like having a potion to negate Bolt Escape for 40 seconds.

• Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    please not forget crippling grasp double take shadow image and fear.. all weaponskills stuns snares roots..

why should a NB even use this bugged cloak?
    Edited by Rhakon on April 28, 2015 10:11PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

greets

As someone who plays a DK and a Nightblade..I have to say

Wat...

Cause....I carry a stack of 200 of them on me at all times, and they are by far the best potion to use against Nightblades...It'd be like having a potion to negate Bolt Escape for 40 seconds.

Unless that NB happens to be skilled, realize that you used a detect pot and now can't replenish your stamina pool with a Tri-stat and decides to wreck you....or it happens to be a DK playing around as a NB who has fun double reflecting meteors on unsuspecting Sorcs heads.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭

greets

Agree in all you said, I think templar radiant destruction is good tho. also i agree DK actually feels balanced. NB are so weird, either they are crap or awesome, a good player can make a huge difference as a NB.

Sorcs, is just overpowered as you say, they got no weekness, best shields, best escape and second best or best burst.

Good post, unfortunatly zos does not care about balance, and soon it will be overrun with trolling sorcs.

• Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    I've said before that max hp in Cyrodiil needs to be raised a bit, but burst builds need to continue to be effective, though the drawback needs to be poor resource management. Currently they are able to put out high burst, modest sustained damage/defense AND modest resource management. This needs to be reduced in some way there needs to be more incentive to play sustained damage builds that play efficiently, part of this is buffing DoTs and filler type skills, hurting the aforementioned resource management, and just changing the overall balance. Dodging/blocking indefinitely also needs toning down.

In an ideal world Burst > Sustain > Tank > Burst. Burst kills the sustained damage dealer via raw force and CC, the sustain kills the tank via better resource attrition/steady damage, the tank mitigates the burst/protects allies and the burster naturally goes OOM/OOS quickly.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

As sn nb i will kill you in a second or die. They have no sustain.
    The only other builds i beat are other nbs.

sorcs use bol stack shields and Frag / overload.
    dks fossil and permanlock with flame
    templars heal and radiant destruction
    nb fear and ambush.

that is all pvp is.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

greets

There are 2 issues.

1. Stamnia regeneration allowing perma dodge role crap

2. Sorcs

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the new nerf sorc thread? Remember if you name your nerf sorc threads "PvP issues" or "General Class balance" the mods are less likely to realize that its another sorc cry thread and shut it down.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just let me take my pvp icon (again, i don't care if i have to redo combat frenzy, former emp, undaunted, etc) to another char and you won't see me compaining about templar issues ever again...

i can even help you bump those RD cry-threads, then
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are a major problem.

NB's are a small problem.

Radiant Destruction is no problem at all. The guy is standing there for 3 seconds unable to block anything. Now if you could block while using RD then it would be a problem.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB OP
    Temp OP
    DK OP
    Sorc OP

ok, covered everything i think. almost seems balanced right, these classes just need tweaks now.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP it might be best that you knuckle down and get a little more experience under your belt.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with PvP on games is people are too obsessed with killing each other ...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Unless that NB happens to be skilled, realize that you used a detect pot and now can't replenish your stamina pool with a Tri-stat and decides to wreck you....or it happens to be a DK playing around as a NB who has fun double reflecting meteors on unsuspecting Sorcs heads.

Was fighting T.Hanks on Haderus yesterday. Up close and personal around the wood stacks. He shot a meteor at me, i flappy-flaped, and insta-killed him since we were so close together. Very satisfying. Granted he was being chased by five people... but we was emp at the time.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

greets

There are 2 issues.

1. Stamnia regeneration allowing perma dodge role crap

2. Sorcs magicka regeneration allowing seemingly endless damage shield stacking along with other magicka skills

I assume thats what you meant:)
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    NB OP
    Temp OP
    DK OP
    Sorc OP

ok, covered everything i think. almost seems balanced right, these classes just need tweaks now.

Except you're forced to play very specific and/or borderline-abusive builds to be effective.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »

The whole point of PvP is that fighting and killing other players is exactly what makes it fun. No one likes getting rekt. But it's fun as hell doing it to another player. Especially when you've invested weeks or months perfecting your build and skill sequence/rotation.

In your opinion maybe it's fun as hell doing it to another player. But not for me. There is just absolutely nothing fun about walking up to something and one-shotting it. I don't enjoy it in PvE either.

I prefer to fight targets that can fight back and give a bit of challenge. I don't enjoy gameplay that revolves around killing the target it in a single hit or rotation before they can retaliate. So I think it's safe to say we have very different ideas about what fun as hell is.

If this is so fun for you - maybe you should go visit a low level zone and run around blasting monsters 50 levels under you in a single hit. But some of us enjoy PvP because we like the added challenge of fighting targets who can fight back using intelligence. We don't do it so we can run around one-shotting people with ridiculously over-powered abilities. This is actually what ruins PvP on games if you asked me - when this obsession to quickly kill each other replaces the quality of gameplay.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 29, 2015 9:56PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In your opinion maybe it's fun as hell doing it to another player. But not for me. There is just absolutely nothing fun about walking up to something and one-shotting it. I don't enjoy it in PvE either.

I prefer to fight targets that can fight back and give a bit of challenge. I don't enjoy gameplay that revolves around killing the target it in a single hit or rotation before they can retaliate. So I think it's safe to say we have very different ideas about what fun as hell is.

If this is so fun for you - maybe you should go visit a low level zone and run around blasting monsters 50 levels under you in a single hit. But some of us enjoy PvP because we like the added depth of fighting targets who can fight back using intelligence. We don't do it so we can run around one-shotting people with ridiculously over-powered abilities. This is actually what ruins PvP on games if you asked me.

Well said.

I want a challenge. This is why I don't run in zergballs "Farming AP" all day. Those guys are rarely challenged.

This is why I don't run from any group or players, I'll only kite them until the number people remaining who are chasing me is small enough that I think I have a *chance* to kill them all and then I attack. I lose those fights more than I win them but when I do win it makes that victory all the more gratifying.

If I 1-shot everyone in PvP I would have quit a long time ago.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    The problem with PvP on games is people are too obsessed with killing each other ...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Was fighting T.Hanks on Haderus yesterday. Up close and personal around the wood stacks. He shot a meteor at me, i flappy-flaped, and insta-killed him since we were so close together. Very satisfying. Granted he was being chased by five people... but we was emp at the time.

If this is so fun for you - maybe you should go visit a low level zone and run around blasting monsters 50 levels under you in a single hit. But some of us enjoy PvP because we like the added depth of fighting targets who can fight back using intelligence. We don't do it so we can run around one-shotting people with ridiculously over-powered abilities. This is actually what ruins PvP on games if you asked me.

Well said.

I want a challenge. This is why I don't run in zergballs "Farming AP" all day. Those guys are rarely challenged.

This is why I don't run from any group or players, I'll only kite them until the number people remaining who are chasing me is small enough that I think I have a *chance* to kill them all and then I attack. I lose those fights more than I win them but when I do win it makes that victory all the more gratifying.

I'm the same way. I would rather lose a fight with another player if it was actually fun and involved some back and forth instead of winning a fight that involved me zerging a player dead in less than a second.

Sadly though we seem to be the minority. Many PvPers are simply obsessed with killing each other as I said and don't care about fun or entertaining gameplay. As long as they get to slaughter other players they are content because that's all they seem to care about. Who cares if the fights are super boring - last a few seconds if even that - and involve no challenge or interesting gameplay.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 29, 2015 10:14PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Well said.

I'm the same way. I would rather lose a fight with another player if it was actually fun and involved some back and forth instead of winning a fight that involved me zerging a player dead in less than a second.

Sadly though we seem to be the minority. Many PvPers are simply obsessed with killing each other as I said and don't care about fun or entertaining gameplay. As long as they get to slaughter other players they are content because that's all they seem to care about. Who cares if the fights are super boring - last a few seconds if even that - and involve no challenge or interesting gameplay.

In my experience, I don't think the obsession is killing other people as much as the rewards the come from the act of the kill.

The guys who are obsessed with killing other players in a competition are usually your duelers and 1vXers. To me those players are more about facing off against someone and dominating them through your superior play.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube