The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ideas for Keep Changes in Cyrodiil

Darklord_Tiberius
Darklord_Tiberius
✭✭✭✭
Just unloading some ideas here about changes ZOS could implement with Cyrodiil objectives to give players more control over how and what they defend keeps with.

I have played DAOC, Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2. All of these games had ways to upgrade keeps and personalize them for what you wanted. ZOS you have a great base system with the Keep capturing and siege in this game; I think you could really build upon it. I think adding a resource mechanism into the game would make it more dynamic; similar to how repair kits work. Instead of just letting the timer tick on resources to level everything up to level 5, make it a system where the players have to do it; make it more meaningful. Most any experienced PvPer can tell you that the resources really do not matter at a keep, other than to cut off transit. How many times have zergs or strong raids attacked a heavily defended keep with all resources and it never made a difference? Too many.

Somethings I think could spice Cyrodiil up without having to release a large content update:

1. Resource mechanism for players to upgrade keeps and battlefield objectives, could have one or three depending on how in-depth you want the system to be; ie Stone-Mine, Wood-Lumbermill and Food-Farm.

2. Each keep could be upgraded into a few different tiers that would grant perks such as more guards, stronger guards, more towers, guard siege units (controlled by NPC coding), Moats, tar pits, caged war dogs; you get the idea. Give players the ability to build and customize a keep. Give a purpose to actually claiming a keep and to defend it other than people making silly guild names and claiming them.

3. One thing I would love to see would be Guild standards, Warhammer Online did this; but since the new buff system has been overhauled I think it would work perfectly with this idea. Give guilds the ability to make a banner with customization buffs that we can unlock over time or through achievements that we can put on our guild standard to give us perks or buffs in battle. I remember in Warhammer carrying my guild banner as we charged the enemy.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler All members of my guild have talked about these ideas and many others; we want to see a more interactive Cyrodiil, especially in regards to keep capturing. Right now, it is far to easy to take a keep; there really is no challenge. If you manage to stack enough players and siege on a breach before people charge with rapids and cleanse; you might be able to kill half of them. Maybe. If you are already working on changes like this or plan to add anything like this can we know or at least hint to it? It has been over a year since this game launched and nothing has changed, literally NOTHING has changed in Cyrodiil.