The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The most common ways NB cloak and stealth can be countered

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
Tired of people claiming cloak and stealth is OP.

1. Flares
2. Reapers Mark
3. Mage Light
4. Caltrops
5. Detect Invis Pot
6. Magicka Detonation
7. Crushing Shock
8. Curse
9. Any AOE within range
10. Stuck in Detect Stealth Mode bug

Am I missing anything? Fellow NB feel free to add to the list.

Do any other classes "o-***" skills get mitigated like this?

L2P people.
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AWESOME OF A THING YOU HAVE DONE.

at this point, anyone that says stealth and cloak are OP simply refuses to use the many counters available to them.
    Edited by Cody on April 18, 2015 9:55PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh, and its piercing mark, not reapers.
    Edited by Cody on April 18, 2015 9:56PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and lets not forget the fact that cloak bugs out quite a few times at random. same with stealth. I have been removed from stealth while near enemies for no reason whatsoever, well out of detect pot range.
    Edited by Cody on April 18, 2015 9:57PM
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow still tracks you through a cloak.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    All gap closers
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does Crushing Shock counter cloak?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    How does Crushing Shock counter cloak?

it just does:(

dont know why
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has yet to have an issue on his Magicka NB with Dark Cloak not actually working, if countered, he simply goes back into cloak. Because Altmer OP. 36k Magicka OP. 2k Regen OP. Get. On. My. Level. Stamblades sucketh orangutan nips!
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Has yet to have an issue on his Magicka NB with Dark Cloak note
    Cody wrote: »

Good catch. Thanks for the correction. Even though I always use piercing mark I tend to mix up the name.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has yet to have an issue on his Magicka NB with Dark Cloak note

Good catch. Thanks for the correction. Even though I always use piercing mark I tend to mix up the name.

This quote is confusing even me....
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has yet to have an issue on his Magicka NB with Dark Cloak not actually working, if countered, he simply goes back into cloak. Because Altmer OP. 36k Magicka OP. 2k Regen OP. Get. On. My. Level. Stamblades sucketh orangutan nips!

This quote is confusing even me....

Look, I repaired it :) .

(He quoted you, decided not to comment and mixed the draft up when quoting Cody I guess. And yes, I am bored :lol: )
    Edited by ToRelax on April 18, 2015 11:51PM

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

SORC OP
    NERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERF
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SORC OP

What does sorcs have anything to do with this...? :cold_sweat:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SORC OP

1gMTsOm.jpg

Yes, I stole it.

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

SORC OP

1gMTsOm.jpg

Yes, I stole it.

I've stopped my argument on balancing Sorcs, they're too hostile and crazed to be reasoned with. They've sucked for so long, now that they're actually good, on top of the food chain or right up there with NBs, they'll do anything to prevent being nerfed, whereas DK was so OP for so long they kind of just grunted and groaned and got nerfhammered.

Still, NB is definitely the strongest class in PvP when played right, then Sorc, then Templar and DK are on the same playing field depending on who's behind the keyboard.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    My cloak breaks randomly regardless of what skill or debuff is hitting me.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've played your build and it has some serious flaws.

1. No health
    2. No stamina
    3. No sneak and reduction sneak detect bonuses

Your basically min/maxing magicka and relying on altmer passives to support your min/max playstyle.

1. To max magicka you are seriously sacrificing health and stamina. In cyrodil where everyone basically plays shield stacking tanks, regardless of class, while you have max magicka at the expense of health and stamina is a death sentence.
    2. No stamina. Your sneaking capability is seriously weak. Your stamina is being drained way to fast leaving you little to no stamina for dodge rolls or rapid maneuvers. If your not sneaking, your a target in light armor and your magicka shields won't help. NB doesn't get a shield spell other than healing ward. Which won't save you. Harness/dampen magicka is only good against spells. This won't save you against the two handlers and wrecking blow spammers.
    3. One of NB strength is its stealth ability and sneak attack damage. That's why bosmer or khajit is so popular. Your missing out on meter detection and critical damage bonuses. If you cloak as much as you say you are, you should be complimenting your cloak bonuses rather than spamming cloak using up a large pool of magicka. Spamming cloak doesn't work well when you are hit with any of the counters I've mentioned above. I'm surprised your having no issues with the counters I've mentioned above. Everyone has to deal with it. Admit it, your not invincible with cloak as you make yourself out to be.

Sure you can spam siphoning, mage, and destruction spells all day long with your build but DOTs aren't powerful enough in this game to work.

Your build is really good at AP grinding in delves. However, I invite you to try it on thornblade against the uber elites. I guarentee you will have issues trying to cloak like the rest of us.

Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've played your build and it has some serious flaws.

1. No health
    2. No stamina
    3. No sneak and reduction sneak detect bonuses

Your basically min/maxing magicka and relying on altmer passives to support your min/max playstyle.

1. To max magicka you are seriously sacrificing health and stamina. In cyrodil where everyone basically plays shield stacking tanks, regardless of class, while you have max magicka at the expense of health and stamina is a death sentence.
    2. No stamina. Your sneaking capability is seriously weak. Your stamina is being drained way to fast leaving you little to no stamina for dodge rolls or rapid maneuvers. If your not sneaking, your a target in light armor and your magicka shields won't help. NB doesn't get a shield spell other than healing ward. Which won't save you. Harness/dampen magicka is only good against spells. This won't save you against the two handlers and wrecking blow spammers.
    3. One of NB strength is its stealth ability and sneak attack damage. That's why bosmer or khajit is so popular. Your missing out on meter detection and critical damage bonuses. If you cloak as much as you say you are, you should be complimenting your cloak bonuses rather than spamming cloak using up a large pool of magicka. Spamming cloak doesn't work well when you are hit with any of the counters I've mentioned above. I'm surprised your having no issues with the counters I've mentioned above. Everyone has to deal with it. Admit it, your not invincible with cloak as you make yourself out to be.

Sure you can spam siphoning, mage, and destruction spells all day long with your build but DOTs aren't powerful enough in this game to work.

Your build is really good at AP grinding in delves. However, I invite you to try it on thornblade against the uber elites. I guarentee you will have issues trying to cloak like the rest of us.

one does not have to go to thornblade to see the issues.

the issues can be seen even in black water blade.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've sucked for so long, now that they're actually good, on top of the food chain or right up there with NBs,

2448.png
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Flares
    2. Reapers Mark
    3. Mage Light
    4. Caltrops
    5. Detect Invis Pot
    6. Magicka Detonation
    7. Crushing Shock
    8. Curse
    9. Any AOE within range

L2P people.

Reaper's mark eh?

hm...

fail.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Flares
    2. Reapers Mark
    3. Mage Light
    4. Caltrops
    5. Detect Invis Pot
    6. Magicka Detonation
    7. Crushing Shock
    8. Curse
    9. Any AOE within range

L2P people.
    Flares (Alliance Support skill) is a really good one. As a Sorc i always make sure to have Daedric mines and maybe a flare on my bar. But I always go with mines. Works against anybody really.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

1. Flares
    2. Reapers Mark
    3. Mage Light
    4. Caltrops
    5. Detect Invis Pot
    6. Magicka Detonation
    7. Crushing Shock
    8. Curse
    9. Any AOE within range

L2P people.

Reaper's mark eh?

hm...

fail.

You apparently didn't read the thread where I was corrected and admitted to making a slip.

Hm...
    fail.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually do this but with all the nerf to cloak posts popping up, I gotta nerco my post. It appears 10 has been fixed. I no longer get stuck in detected mode in PvP. @ZOS_BrianWheeler, thank you to whoever fixed this! Now the game is amazing :)

Anyways, L2P people. Stop crying that cloak is OP. Stamina NBs have limited resources and can't spam cloak. Magicka NB can spam cloak but there are 9 ways I have counted to counter cloak. I'm sure others can come up with more. In my opinion, this skill is still weak compared to the other classes O-**** skills but I'll live, now that 10 has been fixed :)
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would Caltrops and any aoe in range count as the same thing? Still, there is a lot there that can counter a classes primary ability. Can that be said about any other class? People will still cry, though.
    Edited by Alucardo on September 8, 2015 5:48AM
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't play a NB and I don't think stealth/cloak are OP
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about that one curse sorcs like to use alot? Velocious Curse i think it is called. I hate that s***
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the perspective of my NB

1. Flares <- useless thx to the ballistic movement i´m out of its effect area before it impacts
    2. Reapers Mark <- not accessable by 3 classes and NB fights are decidede by whom sees whom first and nothiing else
    3. Mage Light <- with the current netcode you can WB a magelighted person befor he realizes you - really effective
    4. Caltrops <-some what true
    5. Detect Invis Pot <- the only true counter wich got significantly nerfed in 1.7
    6. Magicka Detonation <- lol just recast cloak after explosion^^
    7. Crushing Shock <-double cloak innitially and thats a non issue
    8. Curse <- see magica det
    9. Any AOE within range <-supress aes before you cloak with e.g. fear...
    10. Stuck in Detect Stealth Mode bug <-annoying the same as the buggy immidiate restalthing after every attack for the attacked one

L2P people.

maybe you should take a look at BE interms of a truely useless "o-***" button

in short you can learn to use cloak or you can blame it to be useles...
    Edited by Tankqull on September 8, 2015 7:03AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak itself isn't OP but it's really annoying in combination with surprise attack and fear spamming. How to counter this?
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Cloak itself isn't OP but it's really annoying in combination with surprise attack and fear spamming. How to counter this?

Radiant Magelight negates the stun from stealth and reduces stealth crit damage. Immovable potions make you immune to CC. (handy against alot of classes not just NB's. I run them myself even as a NB)
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Maphusail wrote: »

Radiant Magelight negates the stun from stealth and reduces stealth crit damage. Immovable potions make you immune to CC. (handy against alot of classes not just NB's. I run them myself even as a NB)

They forgot to nerf immovable potions? Now that cloak is safe, the Nightblade Mafia should start lobbying to make fear safe too!