The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

OLD IC Vault KEYS! and Other Obscure Discontinued Items Lying in Your Mule Character(EU)

• Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior to 1.6 there were still a few places in the game where you could loot the old beta-carrots, hence, an infinite supply of the useless item was available. I haven't checked to see if you can still loot them, but as they are still useless (they don't stack with either the old provisioning carrots or the new ones) they would still only be interesting to collectors.
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Prior to 1.6 there were still a few places in the game where you could loot the old beta-carrots, hence, an infinite supply of the useless item was available. I haven't checked to see if you can still loot them, but as they are still useless (they don't stack with either the old provisioning carrots or the new ones) they would still only be interesting to collectors.

Yes I heard! I tried to get several, but so far, I haven't been lucky :(

Thank you very much for the info at least!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can remember where they were (or can find any again), I'll PM their location to you. :)
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I can remember where they were (or can find any again), I'll PM their location to you. :)

I would love you forever :)
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just checked... The only place I can explicitly remember finding them was hanging on the tree in the Alchemist's shop in Shornhelm, Rivenspire, in DC.

There are still carrots hanging on that tree, but they now give you the new 1.6 provisioning ingredient when you loot them, not the old beta-carrots. So they must have updated them when 1.6 came. Sorry. :(
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just checked... The only place I can explicitly remember finding them was hanging on the tree in the Alchemist's shop in Shornhelm, Rivenspire, in DC.

There are still carrots hanging on that tree, but they now give you the new 1.6 provisioning ingredient when you loot them, not the old beta-carrots. So they must have updated them when 1.6 came. Sorry. :(

Absolutely no need for you to apologize! Thank you so much for the help though! I hope that you have a fantastic weekend!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My search continues!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a fantastic weekend all!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please! Check your bank!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My search goes on!
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    I just came back to play again and I had a load of these in inv - just sold them to market. Rofl
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still looking! Please feel free to message me!

Having them rot in your bank is the worst alternative! Free up your space by selling them!

I have spent countless hours collecting unique items when I started playing ESO series 15-16 years ago and I want to continue to do that in ESO!

I am interested in purchasing the following INGREDIENTS that are NOT Available post 1.6 in EU server.

Paying 50G or 5 TIMES MORE than the NPC resale value of 10G! The resale vendor value is extremely low. I also understand that there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of these items still stockpiled in guild/alt banks. As such, I would be appreciated if you sell them at "realistic value!"

Please message me with pricing and quantities you have!

I also have most of these items in NA server. We can do one to one direct trade if you desire!
    Collecting has been my passion both in real life AND ingame.
    Message me @The_Antiquarian
    Old Amber Malt
    Old Baker's Flour
    Old Barley Mash
    Old Broth
    Old Brown Malt
    Old Cake Flour
    Old Camaralot Grapes
    Old Canis Root
    OId Caramalt
    Old Cooking Fat
    Old Corn Mash
    Old Drippings
    Old Emperor Grapes
    Old Fatback
    Old Glace Viande
    Old Imperial Mash*
    Old Grasa Grapes
    Old Imperial Flour
    Old Golden Malt*
    Old Imperial Stock
    Old Jazbay Grapes
    Old Jus
    Old Lado Grapes
    Old Lard
    Old Meal
    Old Milled Flour
    Old Mutton Flank
    Old Oat Mash
    Old Pepper
    Old Pinguis
    Old Plump Maggots
    Old Plump Rodent Toes
    Old Plump Worms
    Old Pork
    Old Ribier Grapes
    Old Rice Mash
    OId Ripe Apple
    Old River Grapes
    Old Saaz Hops
    Old Saltrice
    Old Scuttle Meat
    Old Shank
    Old Shornhelm Grains
    Old Sifted Flour
    Old Snake Slime
    Old Snake Venom
    Old Spring Essence
    Old Stock
    Old Suet
    Old Sujamma Berries
    Old Sweetmeats
    Old Tangerine
    Old Thin Broth
    Old Venison
    Old Wasp Squeezings
    Old Wheat Malt
    Old Wheat Mash
    Old White Malt
    Old Wild Honey
    Old Wine Grapes
    Old Wisp Floss

Other people want them too for nostalgia and pride ;) or just collecting, like yourself. They cost much more than "40 gold" to get originally, and now they can't even be obtained so therefore as with rarity on anything in life with demand for it, the price went up. Make a serious offer and maybe you'll find someone to sell you it. Simply offering to trade off "Old" ingredients that were readily and freely available and dropped like water from freely lootable individually instanced containers in every city, town, and camp in the game before the justice system and usually hoarded in the hundreds, if not thousands, by anyone doing provisioning for anything but themselves.... that just isn't going to cut it :). No one cares about the "vendor" value, let alone "QUADRUPLE!" it, of cyrodiil merc contracts and forward camps. They were not bought with gold, and they do not sell for gold to merchants nor have they ever.

So, to quote you... "As such, I would be appreciated if you sell them at "realistic value!"", you might want to make a "realistic offer!" first unless you're hoping someone decides to just give you one.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other people want them too for nostalgia and pride ;) or just collecting, like yourself. They cost much more than "40 gold" to get originally, and now they can't even be obtained so therefore as with rarity on anything in life with demand for it, the price went up. Make a serious offer and maybe you'll find someone to sell you it. Simply offering to trade off "Old" ingredients that were readily and freely available and dropped like water from freely lootable individually instanced containers in every city, town, and camp in the game before the justice system and usually hoarded in the hundreds, if not thousands, by anyone doing provisioning for anything but themselves.... that just isn't going to cut it :). No one cares about the "vendor" value, let alone "QUADRUPLE!" it, of cyrodiil merc contracts and forward camps. They were not bought with gold, and they do not sell for gold to merchants nor have they ever.

So, to quote you... "As such, I would be appreciated if you sell them at "realistic value!"", you might want to make a "realistic offer!" first unless you're hoping someone decides to just give you one.

I must add that this is a poorly written attempt to hike up the pricings of items that are still widely circulated with endless stock still kept by thousands if not, tens of thousands of existing player base.

Of course there are individuals who want these items for the sake of “holding onto ESO history,” but of several hundreds of thousands of current existing players, those that qualify as “collectors” are infinitely small.

You might be an attorney at law, but as a former accountant and now a consultant performing valuations every day for the past years, I have to remind you that the initial cost spent on these rotten provision materials are sunk cost, meaning the cost incurred for obtaining these rotten provisions prior to 1.6 should not be inputted into determining the sales price. Also, unlike your hypothetical claim that these materials are just “worth more,” I came up with my pricing from several observable factors including the baseline NPC resale price of these materials (10g) AND dozens of rotten provisional mats still widely circulated via the guild traders at the time of the posting (priced from 20g to 100g of which I purchased all the mats that were priced below 60g). As a real life collector of anything that I can get my hands on including old books and manuscripts, modern and contemporary paintings, antiques, and ingame EVE Online items (with observable market history spanning more than 10 years), I know that just because the ingame/physical items’ supplies are discontinued, the price RARELY jumps over substantially. You claim that the overabundance of these stock does not matter in the pricing, but IT DOES MATTER as PRICE of items in significant quantities are set by SUPPLY and DEMAND and as you can see clearly from the market, there is an OVERABUNDANT EXCESS supplies over meager demand.

I also never said I will purchase Merc contracts and forward camps for 50g. I know that the current market rate of those items range in 4,000g or so and I will GLADLY pay at the current market rates if I can’t obtain them by other means. Instead of bashing at me for alleging me of taking advantage of unsuspecting sellers of the Contracts, I encourage you to actually read my full posting and then provide me with your scathing input.

By the way, I apologize if I sounded too harsh! I am just baffled because I have been purchasing these items at 30g prior to the beginning of this tread and I uppped the price to 50g just to entice other players who are lazy to dig through their old inventories, to actually have them search through the bank.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to give you a nice location of interest, in the Rift where you create "Hundings Rage" gear the containers still give you Old ingridients!

But to say the least, I have a ton of Sujamma Berries, Snake Oil and Canis Roots for Roleplay, but I can spare one of each if you still need those three?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Just to give you a nice location of interest, in the Rift where you create "Hundings Rage" gear the containers still give you Old ingridients!

But to say the least, I have a ton of Sujamma Berries, Snake Oil and Canis Roots for Roleplay, but I can spare one of each if you still need those three?

Wow that is definitely a useful info. I will check out the place for more old goodies!

When the housing gameplay ever becomes a reality, it is my dream to embellish my interior with these old provisional mats. At this point, more the merrier! If you have em for sale, I am willing to buy em/get em in any quantities!!!!

Thank you very much!
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey OP! you can look at this topic now
    mby ppl will be active and post their items there

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169588/topic-of-rare-expensive-items-wts-wtb-eu-megaserver
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    is your list up to date? I prob have some if not a lot of this stuff... I can check tonight.. leme know
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »
    is your list up to date? I prob have some if not a lot of this stuff... I can check tonight.. leme know

Hey! Once again more the merrier! My dream is to fill my house (once the housing feature gets implemented) with these beautiful rotten provisional mats!

I am looking for these items in any quantities! Feel free to message to my character:

The Antiquarian

Greatly greatly appreciated!
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    ok cool.. I didn't have time yesterday but ill message you this week about it :)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »
    ok cool.. I didn't have time yesterday but ill message you this week about it :)

Greatly greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am wishing you were on the NA server.. I have a crap tonne I could sell you.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still have one Dominion Mercenary Mage Contract...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    G0ku wrote: »
    I still have one Dominion Mercenary Mage Contract...

Please let me know how much you are looking for!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My quest goes on!
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 trash items. Book of Notes, Book of Poetry and Empty Bottle.

Here is my old screenshot:

ViyEiA9.png

It dropped from mobs in Riften in May 2014 within several minutes after I logged in game, and I never saw something like that again.
    Wasting time is an important part of life
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow ver
    Mishanya wrote: »

ViyEiA9.png

It dropped from mobs in Riften in May 2014 within several minutes after I logged in game, and I never saw something like that again.

Wow they definifely seem to be unique and historical items! I wanted to know if you are in the market to sell those items and if so, what kind of pricing you have in mind! I need to do some more researching on both of those items, but I sincerely hope that you have spare for sale!
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    Wow ver
    Mishanya wrote: »

ViyEiA9.png

Wow they definifely seem to be unique and historical items! I wanted to know if you are in the market to sell those items and if so, what kind of pricing you have in mind! I need to do some more researching on both of those items, but I sincerely hope that you have spare for sale!

I have only this 3 items, and I am open for sale. You can contact me, my ID is the same as my nickname here. I can link you all 3 items. As I think this items are really rare, because I never heard anything about it and Google said nothing to me either.
    Wasting time is an important part of life
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My search goes on!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mission continues!
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭