The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non Vet Campaign > VR1 Reward? Home?

Wolfaen
Wolfaen
✭✭✭
Hey all,
I am level 49 currently homed in Blackwater Blade(Non Vet Campaign) and had some questions about what happens when you turn VR1.

1. Does your home campaign reset once you hit VR1? If not, do you have to pay to choose a new home campaign? How much does it cost?

2. Do you get the end of campaign rewards for Blackwater Blade still when you hit VR1? I am currently at Reward Tier 2 and don't want that to get erased when I hit VR1.

Thanks all.
Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is that once you hit VR1 and log off, you are forcibly removed from the campaign.

Then you make a new character and COME BACK to blackwater, because vet campaign PvP sucks:D
    Edited by Cody on April 1, 2015 1:46AM
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfaen wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I am level 49 currently homed in Blackwater Blade(Non Vet Campaign) and had some questions about what happens when you turn VR1.

1. Does your home campaign reset once you hit VR1? If not, do you have to pay to choose a new home campaign? How much does it cost?

2. Do you get the end of campaign rewards for Blackwater Blade still when you hit VR1? I am currently at Reward Tier 2 and don't want that to get erased when I hit VR1.

Thanks all.

From my experiences:

1. Your campaign affiliations are cleared when you leave BWB, if you have no other guest campaign selected, and you are not charged to selected a new home. If you have a guest campaign I believe it is promoted to your home campaign.

2. I received my end of campaign rewards even after leveling out of the campaign.

Also, you are allowed to stay in BWB as a vet (Note: you must ding vet while in BWB) until you leave cyrodill or log out. I would recommend stocking up on your vet 1 gear, food and potions before hand and holding them in you inventory to use after you ding vet. Have fun with your vet time in BWB but, for courtesy's sake, don't stay logged in like that for days.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks all.

From my experiences:

1. Your campaign affiliations are cleared when you leave BWB, if you have no other guest campaign selected, and you are not charged to selected a new home. If you have a guest campaign I believe it is promoted to your home campaign.

2. I received my end of campaign rewards even after leveling out of the campaign.

Also, you are allowed to stay in BWB as a vet (Note: you must ding vet while in BWB) until you leave cyrodill or log out. I would recommend stocking up on your vet 1 gear, food and potions before hand and holding them in you inventory to use after you ding vet. Have fun with your vet time in BWB but, for courtesy's sake, don't stay logged in like that for days.

Thanks for your answer! Very helpful information. But, does it even matter about gear/food when you hit VR1 in Blackwater Blade. I have noticed that all your stats just gets overwritten with battle level. I am 7% away now from VR1 and will craft myself some gear if it makes that much of a difference.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks all.

From my experiences:

Thanks for your answer! Very helpful information. But, does it even matter about gear/food when you hit VR1 in Blackwater Blade. I have noticed that all your stats just gets overwritten with battle level. I am 7% away now from VR1 and will craft myself some gear if it makes that much of a difference.

You are correct, for the most part your gear has no effect while battled leveled. There are some set bonuses, jewelry and weapon enchants that work while battle leveled, but improving those probably wouldn't be a significant boost. The food buffs still apply even while battle leveled and will make a noticeable difference in your stats, so it'd be worth picking up a few.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks all.

From my experiences:

You are correct, for the most part your gear has no effect while battled leveled. There are some set bonuses, jewelry and weapon enchants that work while battle leveled, but improving those probably wouldn't be a significant boost. The food buffs still apply even while battle leveled and will make a noticeable difference in your stats, so it'd be worth picking up a few.

Cool, thanks for your input! I'll buy some food and prepare for going on a blood frenzy as VR1 in non vet Cyro hah!