The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone had any success with Werewolf form in pvp?

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your opinion, what is it that makes them so weak specifically? What do you think would strengthen them?

not the guy you asked, but imho it's the lack of important skills

no purge!

compared to magicka builds:

no BoL/shields,
    no wings/gdb/leap-shield,
    no cloak/shades/sap,
    not as much selfheal as templars

compared to stamina:
    gap closer is slightly inferior in terms of speed
    no defensive positioning othe than sprinting (no block). magum shot and skills to be cancelled by dodged roles (e.g. blazing shield, rally, etc). I cannot really dodge cancle the WW selfheal.

with all that said, i think the biggest reason is that WW have 5 skills on one bar and that's it. while some are pretty good (leap/fear/phowl) at what they do, you just do not have the utility regulary builds have. they'll swap weapons (and skills) to purge or change between defensive and offsensive abilities.

WW feels a bit like playing a noob templar who only uses charge (albeit not buggs), jabs for damage and spamms BoL to selfheal. The whole fight will be super predictable. While other players can retreat behind rocks, do useful things and strike again, WW's are just not made for it. They feel liek they have the skillset of a strong mob, not a versatile player
    Edited by Kas on April 2, 2015 9:42AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive been 2 shot by were wolf, there attacks go like 10m and i didnt know that until the person who killed me pointed it out. just keep your distance and you wont get owned. they are definitely more of a force to be reckoned with since 1.6 so i would say it is a viable morph. the only problem is you stand out and everyone wants to kill you, so basically you make your self a focused target.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes OP. In my personal opinion it's one of the most powerful if not the most powerful Ult in game. Only a fool stands in front of a WW. You need to learn how to play in WW form though. You are not a tank like some would like to believe. You don't want to be out front getting silver shard'dand poison arrow'd
    Edited by TheBull on April 2, 2015 5:07PM
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    If unprepared 1v1 you can be crushed by a good WW really fast. the pounce, fear, howl of agony will do an incredible amount of burst damage. However, WW is also the truest form of melee ranged glass cannon in the game, and it's ability costs are really high.
    Edited by McDoogs on April 2, 2015 5:25PM
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One glaring issue i've had with WW form is that you are unable to use any non-werewolf synergies, i.e. purify, luminous shards, conduit.

You also can't rez other players which kinda seems to hurt the pack theme.

• tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a stupid question but, are we unable to add normal skills to the werewolf skill bar?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but, are we unable to add normal skills to the werewolf skill bar?

Thats correct, no normal skills allowed.

And to everyone who doesn't know, werewolves CAN block and roll. When they "block" the look like they are hugging and when they "roll" they do a short jump on all fours.
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If the light/heavy attack bleed is applied when a shield is down and then another is cast does the bleed continue to do damage?
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Islyn wrote: »
    Oh now look what you did! Sorcs need to remain the strong silent type lest they get nerfed to oblivion.

Autocorrect - such a mother forklift.

I was never much good at being silent.

Besides I've never seen a werewolf kill *anyone* in all of my time in Cyrodiil. They're instantly butchered, it's like the Moonkin in WoW. Just seeing one on the battlefield sends everyone into a rage to kill them. Werewolves just need to be killed.

I meant me about specs :-) 2 of my fave dps to run 4 man stuff with are sorcs and no nerfy!
  • isaac_juggernautub17_ESO
    This guy seems to do good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EV29a24ALRw
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've been 1v1ing with it and I'm killing people before they break the fear. If only people knew how much damage they could be outputting with it especially when ravager procs. The only issue with WW right now is ZOS forgot to reduce the cost of WW abilities when they reduced the cost of all the other stamina abilities. There's a certain build right now that wouldn't surprise me if it gets WW damage nerfed. However, 95% of the WW's you see in PvP are a laughing stock.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those were some nice clips but it does show arguably the biggest weakness of ww, extremely expensive skills. Rarely will you have a large amount of stamina because of the skills cost, and also that the devs feel the primary way for ww's to recover this is fro heavy attacks.

Most of the time, if facing people who know how to counter a purely melee build you will find yourself rooted, cc'ed with no stamina and spending the last few moments spamming the heal hoping for an opportunity to do a heavy attack and recover. This all coming from someone who is now trying ww on both of their bars both pve and pvp.
  • isaac_juggernautub17_ESO
    It's not impossible to succesfully play werewolf though here is much better gameplay I found that I think displays its viability. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4uruwjrHc
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hardest part about werewolf is how much you are giving up by going werewolf, yes you get a stam/weapon damage boost. Not saying that the right sets can help make up for the werewolf's natural defenselessness. 1v1 werewolf can be pretty brutal as long as they play offensively, once they go on the defensive it is usually not good news.

@ZOS took took many passives from classes away when you transform giving you a passives/skills that half the time are focused on extending your form, instead of giving werewolves viable mechanics that could improve the state of werewolves.

-Skills are too expensive
    -Overly expensive Ultimate
    -No defensive abilities (reflect, evasion, stealth, damage shield)
    -Obnoxiously long devour mechanic
    -Can't synergize all abilities in game
    -Can't Resurrect allies
    -Can't sneak

At least give us the major evasion buff to help with damage mitigation.

The heal is just sad, werewolf is for stamina users, yet you have it scaling off of magicka. Chanel the heals to stamina scaling so we can get something out of it. Change Roar to our utility it doesn't scale on any stats, and rousing Roar 5 sec weapon damage buff is rediculous... 5 sec... Bring it in line with other buff durations.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, Lefty is the original WW. He's basically a Werewolf that transforms into a DK.

OT: Had a bit of success. Fortunately @Ezareth doesn't play in BWB, so survivability has been pretty good ;) I've been able to chase down stragglers from zergs and smush them into the ground without too much trouble. With that said, you still need to be extremely careful not to get yourself into a situation you can't get out off. All you have is a heal that costs a lot of magicka - once your magicka is gone, you're dead. So before rushing in, scout the surrounding areas and have a plan of attack, and remember to buff everything before transforming to get the most out of it.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    This guy seems to do good.

Dude, Lefty is the original WW. He's basically a Werewolf that transforms into a DK.

OT: Had a bit of success. Fortunately @Ezareth doesn't play in BWB, so survivability has been pretty good ;) I've been able to chase down stragglers from zergs and smush them into the ground without too much trouble. With that said, you still need to be extremely careful not to get yourself into a situation you can't get out off. All you have is a heal that costs a lot of magicka - once your magicka is gone, you're dead. So before rushing in, scout the surrounding areas and have a plan of attack, and remember to buff everything before transforming to get the most out of it.

The only 1 v 1 I've lost so far in 2.1 has been to a werewolf. In 2.1 Werewolves are extremely powerful with the right build, I'd actually say OP from what I've seen. In group play they are even better. Send in your Werewolf and AoE Heal-debuff a group as you're bombing it. It's ridiculous.

I'm definitely going to spend a bit of time playing as a werewolf just to learn the best ways to counter it. Having no ranged abilities with my build puts me at a disadvantage.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To live as a Wolf you have to take all the healing morhps ALL OF THEM cause that main alone sucks
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just throwing this question out there but, which 5 piece armor set would people feel works best with werewolf?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well.. at least a lot of people are interested in your necropost....Lol. at least your VIDEO is from April. TOO bad thats out of date too.

latest?cb=20100102171045

I would refer you to:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2256628#Comment_2256628
    Edited by Darlgon on September 25, 2015 6:08PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is no joke anymore. I've been bursted down after the fear just as fast if not faster than any other stamina setup.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Yes, having fun with Werewolf in the Imperial City... mostly running with a zerg, but not always. Definitely gotta know when to go into Werewolf form.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf does well if you have very high stamina and weapon damage. Basically, if you arent two shotting someone,you're gonna have a bad time.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW is pretty decent these days, just make sure you have enough stamina regen, since you'll burn through stam quite fast as WW, esp since it's a big "hey hit / root / attack ME!" sign.

• purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do a lot of pvp (none at all in ww form), but, I have been told that ww is a very poor choice in pvp due to long transformations. IMHO this is very easy for them to fix and here it is: while in pvp zone wws do an instant transformation. That's all. An additional thing should be that they have an advanced warning of when they will transform back so they can get out of the melee while they get their bearings back. Maybe a meter/prog bar that shows how much time left? And maybe 2 or 3 secs before transform (or untransform) the screen flashes green or something. Just my thots.

Additionally, on a side note, I gave ww bite last nite (night of the bloodmoon irl). I never heard anything, but was hoping maybe they'd do somethin cool for wws that gave/got bite that nite. No such luck! Unless.anyone heard anything different? Seriously not trying to start rumors here, but that would've been cool.

HOMEDOGS UNITE!!
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on September 28, 2015 12:41PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @purple-magicb16_ESO
    Actually the long transformation time is now beneficial to the WW in many situations. Since ZOS has added a damage and CC immunity during the transformation (at least into the form), it is a prime tool to counter high burts combos you can see comming like meteor-frags-curse and can also be ised when you are under high pressure. Due to HoTs ticking even during the transformation, you can even get some significant healing done with vigor and rally while the enemie is unable to do anything against you as well.

WW is strong in PvP right now.
    However roots counter it in pretty much every way, forcing the WW to dodge (no shuffle for you) in order to cast his damage skills (pounce, howl, claws) and with the new dodge fatuige and high skill cost that drains your stam in no time.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try wearing vicious ophidian in werewolf form while in the sewers with a group of people. You'll be so fast no one will ever be able to see what's coming at them :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    @purple-magicb16_ESO
    Actually the long transformation time is now beneficial to the WW in many situations. Since ZOS has added a damage and CC immunity during the transformation (at least into the form), it is a prime tool to counter high burts combos you can see comming like meteor-frags-curse and can also be ised when you are under high pressure. Due to HoTs ticking even during the transformation, you can even get some significant healing done with vigor and rally while the enemie is unable to do anything against you as well.

WW is strong in PvP right now.
    However roots counter it in pretty much every way, forcing the WW to dodge (no shuffle for you) in order to cast his damage skills (pounce, howl, claws) and with the new dodge fatuige and high skill cost that drains your stam in no time.

Temp immunity would've been my other suggestion but it takes the onus off of the player. Still, good to hear they've taken care of that. I will definitely give wolfing a try in pvp now. Stam regen has and I guess will always be an issue as it is with other builds. If stam regen is going to be beefed up for anyone tho it should be ww. tx 4 reply!
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on September 28, 2015 1:16PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC has reduced the transformation time of WW which is nice.
    Wollust wrote: »
    Try wearing vicious ophidian in werewolf form while in the sewers with a group of people. You'll be so fast no one will ever be able to see what's coming at them :lol:

My favorite ww combo... vicious ophidian and dreugh king slayer... seriously... unsustainable, but super fun.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • revcasy
    revcasy
    ✭✭✭
    What about the Savior's Hide set? Worth it?
    Be content to seem what you really are.--M. Aurelius
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revcasy wrote: »
    What about the Savior's Hide set? Worth it?

lol! save-ur-hide! love the name!
    Give 'er eh!