The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone had any success with Werewolf form in pvp?

cwp303b14_ESO
cwp303b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Title, basically.

Also, if you have, what is your class and setup along with any strategy that leads to successful werewolf pvp.

Any videos of solo or pack ownage would be a big plus.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just did Solo . Videos processing .
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can say with pride that I have never even come close to being killed by a werewolf. If such a thing were(lol) to happen I would probably have to uninstall the game.

I have some recent video footage actually of a whole pack of werewolves chasing me through cyrodiil....happily they all die at my feet to copious amounts of minefields and overload. There is just nothing good that can come of turning into a werewolf in Cyordiil other than trying to suicide faster than your friends in a zerg so you can turn in quests or something.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I can say with pride that I have never even come close to being killed by a werewolf. If such a thing were(lol) to happen I would probably have to uninstall the game.

I have some recent video footage actually of a whole pack of werewolves chasing me through cyrodiil....happily they all die at my feet to copious amounts of minefields and overload. There is just nothing good that can come of turning into a werewolf in Cyordiil other than trying to suicide faster than your friends in a zerg so you can turn in quests or something.

Stay out of my lair .
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

Stay out of my lair .

Team Jacob don't stand a chance.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stay out of my lair .

Team Jacob don't stand a chance.

That's what the last 3 people thought . Maybe you should visit .
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel and their pups have had some minor successes lately in werewolf transformation. However it is worth noting that overall the ultimate is still woefully inadequate compared to mainstays such as soul tether, and Replenishing barrier.

But neverthless This humble one has been practising and has found that in open field fighting and with others in support the werewolf can be most devestating.

The combination of leap, heals, fears, and then a high damage knock down that synergizes with the fear can lead to a very quick time to kill. Even if it does not the wolf is fairly sturdy and can last a few extra moments to give your party time to bring in their own guns to take things down.

That being said it is still very susceptible to stuns, and the arrow spam is even more noticeable than ever. It's also fairly useless during a siege though it has been quite fun to pop during those crucial moments when both sides struggle to take the top deck, and flags.

SAdly due to its cost and niche use Telel generally ends up using barrier over it. Even when they or their pack mates employ it we rarely get to put up more than one or two wolves as the cost and inefficiency mean we'll generally not have enough ultimate for more than a small portion of the pack to transform at once.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Looking forward to seeing it. It might just be the first real werewolf pvp video.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina build werewolves are ridiculous right now. People can say that they dont fear a player as a werewolf but when you get feared and then hit with two piercing howls that knock you down and do about 12k average dps. Yea.. its goimg to be an uproar on the forums.

Its not caught on yet in pvp to much but tooltips say piercing howl is hittimg for 8k flat dps and thats before the weapon damage boost or bleeds.

Not to mentiom they cam eat their own engine guardian and stay in form forevsr lol.

Rise of the werewolves is coming. You heard it here first.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am going to be honest here and it's not good but it needs to be heard.

ever since launch i have felt very sad and bad for any warewolf in cryodiil, i allways see them killed within 3 - maybe 5 hits from any and all classes and allways when i do see a warewolf hes on his knees and in a dying position and i allways felt bad about it.
    usually you only see them when there is large crowds and never, and i mean Never will you see them solo pvp. i usualy stay away from them as i feel bad to kill them because it would be like killing a level 1 character.

i feel bad for the warewolves of eso :(
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    All these people who have no clue lol.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is pretty good. Only problem is: ultimate costs a BUTLOAD. Plus if you transform in AvA you might as well be wearing a big neon sign: next target to kill right here. A werewolf in pvp is a bow users wet dream. And since so many people are running bows... One simple thing could do a lot for werewolves in pvp

Reduce ult cost a LOT or make them immune to all stuns/snares/what have you. It is an ultimate for *** sake and one of the most (the most?) expensive one in the game. Ult cost should be correlated to its strength. Right now... Not even close.
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    WW transformation is a wasted ultimate for 1 major reason. You are stunned while transforming, and ANY amount of damage seems to knock you out of it. Not just interrupts. Do you save your ultimate at this point? No, you loose it. And are Just sitting there with 0 ultimate, in your human form... thinking.. "Why did I do that again?" Now, if you go behind a building or something, and are able to transform... yeah, it's decent. Rather underwhelming in a lot of ways though since you lack an escape, lack extra defensive abilities you would be otherwise using (blur etc). And can't stealth. I love WW form, and I have fun doing pve content with it. PVP, I avoid it though, since I don't like dieing fast and wasting ultimate. If it was immune to CC, it might be decent. But getting knocked out while transforming from basic attacks... kind of makes the whole "fears those around you when you transform" rather laughable. They've already knocked you out of the transformation and killed you anyway. So there isn't much for them to be affraid of.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    Werewolf is pretty good. Only problem is: ultimate

are you being serious? please describe to me how warewolves have it good. please do because we obviously do not see eye to eye right now.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for setting up a April fools joke off your thread . I will however TRY to really find a way to use a transformed werewolf in pvp and let you know the results . No joking this time . I'll reset my skill points when I log in and see what can be done . Just send me a PM in game @Roechacca . Who knows , maybe I'll find something someone missed but we really need at least a sneak or ambush ability . Again apologies for joking around .
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for setting up a April fools joke off your thread . I will however TRY to really find a way to use a transformed werewolf in pvp and let you know the results . No joking this time . I'll reset my skill points when I log in and see what can be done . Just send me a PM in game @Roechacca . Who knows , maybe I'll find something someone missed but we really need at least a sneak or ambush ability . Again apologies for joking around .

It's ok. It was worth it for the laugh tbh. I admire the forethought you put into it.

I was, however, thinking that one of the big weaknesses being CC, that using a health/immunity potion might work well since they last so long now. Something to consider.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's ok. It was worth it for the laugh tbh. I admire the forethought you put into it.

I was, however, thinking that one of the big weaknesses being CC, that using a health/immunity potion might work well since they last so long now. Something to consider.

I'll try invisibility pots too .
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    invisibility/immunity pots ftw.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    Werewolf is pretty good. Only problem is: ultimate

are you being serious? please describe to me how warewolves have it good. please do because we obviously do not see eye to eye right now.

Big assumption: transformation works 100% of the time (they really should fix that) then yes, the damage from a werewolf is pretty high up there. But like I said in the part you cut out. Reduce ult cost or make them cc immune in werewolf form. Pretty good =/= good. It means it is getting there.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how do you not die in the transorfmation phase? every enemy worth his salt is stumping you into the ground during the morph transition :/
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Da Sandman ..... do you know of anyone who's been mutilated by a WW recently? :D
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title, basically.

Also, if you have, what is your class and setup along with any strategy that leads to successful werewolf pvp.

Any videos of solo or pack ownage would be a big plus.

I was healing some random business in Cyro and saw one WW get owned a buncha times with no good outcome. Hopefully someone else has a more positive experience.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember who it was by, but I saw a dev post recently saying "we're happy with the Werewolf changes so far". Yeeeeeeah. Immunity while transforming. Patting yourselves on the back with that glaring self-stun issue still extant is grating to say the least.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

OFC because you are OP sorcerer. its nothing to do with skill.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

how do you not die in the transorfmation phase? every enemy worth his salt is stumping you into the ground during the morph transition :/

I transform before I attack . Out of site .
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh now look what you did! Sorcs need to remain the strong silent type lest they get nerfed to oblivion.

Autocorrect - such a mother forklift.
    Edited by Islyn on April 1, 2015 7:24PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Oh now look what you did! Sorcs need to remain the strong silent type lest they get nerfed to oblivion.

I was never much good at being silent.

Besides I've never seen a werewolf kill *anyone* in all of my time in Cyrodiil. They're instantly butchered, it's like the Moonkin in WoW. Just seeing one on the battlefield sends everyone into a rage to kill them. Werewolves just need to be killed.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Besides I've never seen a werewolf kill *anyone* in all of my time in Cyrodiil. They're instantly butchered, it's like the Moonkin in WoW. Just seeing one on the battlefield sends everyone into a rage to kill them. Werewolves just need to be killed.

Somebody who is really good should post a video of actual kills in pvp as a werewolf and blow @Ezareth's mind :o
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Somebody who is really good should post a video of actual kills in pvp as a werewolf and blow @Ezareth's mind :o

I fought a group of people who were former emperors and were able to do some decent damage in WW form and the fear could have killed me if I hadn't been prepared for it, but their defensive abilities were just not present in WW form.

I don't imagine that a pack of werewolves played by skilled players could be very effective against bad players or even a single good player but I would be surprised to see them do anything effective against a group of skilled players, the form was just not designed for PvP.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I fought a group of people who were former emperors and were able to do some decent damage in WW form and the fear could have killed me if I hadn't been prepared for it, but their defensive abilities were just not present in WW form.

I don't imagine that a pack of werewolves played by skilled players could be very effective against bad players or even a single good player but I would be surprised to see them do anything effective against a group of skilled players, the form was just not designed for PvP.

In your opinion, what is it that makes them so weak specifically? What do you think would strengthen them?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In your opinion, what is it that makes them so weak specifically? What do you think would strengthen them?

I don't know if they can block or dodge roll in wolf form but they all just seem extremely susceptible to fragments and overload light attacks. It is basically just swapping all of your hand picked abilities that you choose around your build with a pre-picked set of abilities that ZoS chose for you. Not something I'd think that is every going to feel very powerful in Cyrodiil IMO.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube