We are aware that some Steam players are having issues logging into the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers. We are actively investigating and will let you know when we have an update. Thank you!

Sorcerers. It's time to gut them.

  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    13.4k shards is a crit damage that requires the opponent to have zero resistance, zero defense, no block nothing. I am glass cannon PvE spec with gold min maxed gear and do about that damage against VR 10 soft NPCs in Reaper's March.

    It can crit much higher than that. I regularly see Crystal Fragment crits for 18-20k in vDSA and when using Might of the Guild have even hit 25k Crystal Fragments crits also in vDSA. Even in Cyrodiil I often see 15-20k Crystal Fragment crits against enemy players. I have ~52% crit so these numbers come up more often than not too, I think my average Crystal Fragments damage is around 15k as my non-crit damage easily hits 11k.

    I'd check your build if it is only critting for 13.4k.

    My build is almost identical to Deltia's, using min maxed spell damage gear and so on.
    Considering I can do 13-14k DPS in PvE and that crystal frags is a good portion of that, and considering I have seen an handful of DPS sorc parses clearing 15k DPS, I dare say my build is not so shabby.

    With your stated damage and crit you should do 17k DPS, I am sure you are more than available to post screenshots with your DPS and maybe build to see which secret cow level you have found to unlock your sorc to awesomeness.

    Also, I wonder which kind of survivability you have in Cyrodil considering that to do max damage you have to go all out super-glass cannon.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoL is fine..They removed caps = sorcs like all other classes are able to spam they skills more frequently, if they are wearing full LA, that's all..

    Same apply to cloak spammer, or DK wing spammer, mist spammer etc. if u are full magicka build with full LA, naturally u are able to spam a lot of your MP skills..

    The problem is shieldstacking, hardened + dampen provides insane shield protection, as magicka user in 1 vs 1 situation u almost don't have any chance vs good sorcerer, sorc will absorb all of ur MP based skills..

    Imo fix shieldstacking = sorcerer fixed..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17


    RETIRED

    CU - next mmo
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom There are some great answers in this thread, and I've seen the same in threads like it. Maybe you guys could get some of the more skilled players/forum commenters together in some type of forum community specifically to offer suggestions/help for the nerf this/that threads (not me btw)

    Ofc it would be voluntary, but I would bet some would be happy to do it. Most times these threads do seem to be a "l2p" issue, and maybe you guys could turn it into a positive with people offering help?? idk, just thinking
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    Whoever thinks sorcs aren't op are sorcs who think they'r e skilled.

    whoever thinks specs are op are players who have never played a sorc.

    Whoever plays a sorc and truly thinks sorcs aren't OP, are terrible at video games. Not just this one.
    Tirik Ironheart - V4 Templar
    Tirik - V12 NB Retired

    There are no pacts between lions and men.
  • drackonir
    drackonir
    ✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    Iago wrote: »
    Whoever thinks sorcs aren't op are sorcs who think they'r e skilled.

    whoever thinks specs are op are players who have never played a sorc.

    Whoever plays a sorc and truly thinks sorcs aren't OP, are terrible at video games. Not just this one.

    just wonder, does it make you better? or you are posting here just to pat your ego?
    "Even Gods dislike the absolute, for it stinks of something larger than themselves."
    Sotha Sil
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please stop nerfing sorcs in PVE because one killed you in PVP. I'm no expert and I don't PVP, but I'm so tired of people calling for nerfs to the entire class just because some sorcs managed not to die in PVP, and that some people expect them to be easy kills all the time so they can farm APs.

    -Bolt escape has already been nerfed twice.
    -Sorcs don't have much choice other than to stack magicka now, due to changes ZOS made. However,their health and possibly stamina will be tiny.
    -So a shield and a twice nerfed escape button helps me survive in PVE, because I have a tiny health and armour made of wet paper. Wow I'm so OP.


    EDIT: If ZOS do genuinely think sorcs in PVP are OP and plan to nerf again, please find a way to do it without destroying an entire class in PVE.
    Edited by angelyn on April 1, 2015 1:42PM
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its funny how the mobility sorc build template hasn't changed since launch. Nothing has changed with BE or shields in months. The only thing that has changed is damage out-put. If you're going to complain at least know what it is that makes you angry.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if they removed the extra magicka cost of successive BE's and replaced it with one that consumes that amount of stamina instead of magicka? So if it costs 2k to BE once, it would cost 2k to BE a second time, but it would consume 3k stamina as well. You could bolt escape even more than before, but it would come with risk reward this time.

    Just thinking out loud, either way nothing should be done to sorc so long as WB stam builds are what they are.

    Edited by Armitas on April 1, 2015 1:51PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    What if they removed the extra magicka cost of successive BE's and replaced it with one that consumes that amount of stamina instead of magicka? So if it costs 2k to BE once, it would cost 2k to BE a second time, but it would consume 3k stamina as well. You could bolt escape even more than before, but it would come with risk reward this time.

    Well, that would make it so I could only BE like 3 times, so no I wouldn't like that, personally. My stamina is abysmal though.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    What if they removed the extra magicka cost of successive BE's and replaced it with one that consumes that amount of stamina instead of magicka? So if it costs 2k to BE once, it would cost 2k to BE a second time, but it would consume 3k stamina as well. You could bolt escape even more than before, but it would come with risk reward this time.

    Well, that would make it so I could only BE like 3 times, so no I wouldn't like that, personally. My stamina is abysmal though.

    I'm not sure what to do once you reach 0 stamina. You could BE again if the debuff timer is off for certain. I'd have to think about that. 6k stamina is extraordinarily low. I have 13k stamina in a magicka build.
    Edited by Armitas on April 1, 2015 1:43PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crybaby motto: NERF WHAT I CAN'T KILL!
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am at a total loss. I played khajiit dw dagger sorc with full medium armor with skills that focus on raising crit and healing melee attacks for ages and have never beaten anyone ever in a 1vs1 unless they been way below my level.

    I know, I either found worst possible build or simply suck(most likely) at pvp but from my view I could swear this thread could have been about pvp as not a vampire compared to those who do, or any class i lost to much really.

    Now i switched to 2h & 1h+shield and stuff looks alot brighter! I can actually stand a chance and even get some kills 1v1 if luck smile at me.
    Moral of the story: sometimes i am too stubborn for my own good and dont want to try new things. What worked wonders in pve sure did not in pvp.

    Disclaimer: not saying this is whats people ar doing wrong, just that it sometimes might be.
    Edited by Raash on April 1, 2015 1:44PM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

    More accurately, two of their abilities.

    1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
    2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

    I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.


    ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

    Meanwhile, in PvE, sorcerers suffer with mana issues and lack of utility.
    Only in silence the word,
    only in dark the light,
    only in dying life:
    bright the hawk's flight
    on the empty sky


    - The Creation of Ea
    R.I.P. Graug Altbet
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

    A Werewolf Hunter and Werewolf him self.
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

    Level 32 Khajiit Dragonknight: Ma'Dovah Kaaz AD/NA
    "Khajiit always dreamed of growing up to be a dragon..."
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone

    I really hate to say this but.....YOU DONT! Either you put on a bow and attempt to hit them, use 2H and crit charge them, or sword and shield and and shield charge us(all three of those things have triple the range of ONE bolt escape cast. think about that). If you chase a sorc WITHOUT knowing you have the upper hand is the stupidest thing you can do, and if you keep doing it then you are terrible. So because us sorcs use a skill that is meant to get us out of combat or quickly into combat (depending on play style) and you cant kill/stop/catch up to them, it means gut the freaking sorcs right?

    When I quit playing this game it wont be because of the devs. It will be because of this toxic community who cry for nerfs on EVERYTHING that they cant do and or refuse to learn to deal with mechanic wise (this is 100% a learn to play issue). The crazy amounts of the nerf word being thrown around mixed with people assuming every one class should be able to do/counter every situation (which lets be honest you can be IF you are willing to change your style) while in pvp is just insane.

    You go to pvp thinking it will play like PVE. No it wont. You realize a sorc can get away from you with your current set up. What is the only logical solution? Cry for nerfs!

    dont chase, its what we want you to do. Playing a sorc is NOT easy at all. You say you have stunned one and they just get up and BE away, so you assumed they would just lay there and be like "oh well he tagged me (stunned) so I cant play no more he wins" *throws hands in the air and gives up cuz he got tagged* NO lol we are getting the flip out of there. We will run the freak away until we have the upper hand or the battle is in our favor.

    So many people crying over playing tactically. "But they run away and come back and initiate the fight again only to run" well no crap! We want to pull you from your group and slowly make you waste your resources, then when the time is right (see previous statement about waiting until it is in our favor) we strike and burst. Not our fault you chased us. Not our fault that when we came back and started teasing you again then ran away your epeen got hurt and you needed to chase us to prove your dominance! That is EXACTLY what sorcs are banking on. People fall for it ALL. THE. TIME.

    I made this video for my friend who claims sorcs are so easy to play and are the noobest class in the game and anyone can roll one and be good. I couldnt stop laughing. If you make ONE mistake you die as a sorc. READ THAT AGAIN lol ONE mistake :) This video will also show you things to do to counter sorcs. The sad part of the video is that I do, infact, make a mistake. Guess what happens....gets me killed. I also noticed after editing this thing together that I actually made three mistakes. The first being that I never used over load to take out the DKs support. Instead I kept trying to hit the support with meteor.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jW1LsHVOhfM&feature=youtu.be

    @akredon_ESO I am guessing you havent played this game for a long time if you still havent learned how to counter a sorc. Please dont take anything I said as hostile. It is hostile, but not aimed at you. I am just so fed up with everyone thinking sorcs are the easiest class, and nerf this and nerf that from sorcs, and now its flat out "gut the sorcs" We were and still are the MOST nerfed class in this game and 1.6 finally gave us some breathing room and now everyone wants to take it away because "we cant kill the teleporty guys and keep falling for their cat and mouse tactic."

    Please watch the video :) it will give good insight to the life of a sorc
    Edited by Gorthax on April 1, 2015 2:16PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

    More accurately, two of their abilities.

    1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
    2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

    I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.


    ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

    Why is this posted in General Discussion? Are you deliberating TROLLING all the PvE Sorcerers who suffer every day because of the ridiculous nerfs that have been inflicted on our class because of PvP whiners???

    Please confine your PvP gripes to the Alliance War sub-forum.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Unlimited magicka"

    "nerf Bolt Escape"

    Early April fool's?
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    "Unlimited magicka"

    "nerf Bolt Escape"

    Early April fool's?

    It has to be I swear lol I WISH I had unlimited magicka.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

    More accurately, two of their abilities.

    1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
    2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

    I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.


    ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

    Sorcerers are OP, but sadly you are right and ZOS don't have the balls to nerf bolt escape or the OP hardened free win ability
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    Class Representative
    Gorthax wrote: »
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone

    I really hate to say this but.....YOU DONT! Either you put on a bow and attempt to hit them, use 2H and crit charge them, or sword and shield and and shield charge us(all three of those things have triple the range of ONE bolt escape cast. think about that). If you chase a sorc WITHOUT knowing you have the upper hand is the stupidest thing you can do, and if you keep doing it then you are terrible. So because us sorcs use a skill that is meant to get us out of combat or quickly into combat (depending on play style) and you cant kill/stop/catch up to them, it means gut the freaking sorcs right?

    When I quit playing this game it wont be because of the devs. It will be because of this toxic community who cry for nerfs on EVERYTHING that they cant do and or refuse to learn to deal with mechanic wise (this is 100% a learn to play issue). The crazy amounts of the nerf word being thrown around mixed with people assuming every one class should be able to do/counter every situation (which lets be honest you can be IF you are willing to change your style) while in pvp is just insane.

    You go to pvp thinking it will play like PVE. No it wont. You realize a sorc can get away from you with your current set up. What is the only logical solution? Cry for nerfs!

    dont chase, its what we want you to do. Playing a sorc is NOT easy at all. You say you have stunned one and they just get up and BE away, so you assumed they would just lay there and be like "oh well he tagged me (stunned) so I cant play no more he wins" *throws hands in the air and gives up cuz he got tagged* NO lol we are getting the flip out of there. We will run the freak away until we have the upper hand or the battle is in our favor.

    So many people crying over playing tactically. "But they run away and come back and initiate the fight again only to run" well no crap! We want to pull you from your group and slowly make you waste your resources, then when the time is right (see previous statement about waiting until it is in our favor) we strike and burst. Not our fault you chased us. Not our fault that when we came back and started teasing you again then ran away your epeen got hurt and you needed to chase us to prove your dominance! That is EXACTLY what sorcs are banking on. People fall for it ALL. THE. TIME.

    I made this video for my friend who claims sorcs are so easy to play and are the noobest class in the game and anyone can roll one and be good. I couldnt stop laughing. If you make ONE mistake you die as a sorc. READ THAT AGAIN lol ONE mistake :) This video will also show you things to do to counter sorcs. The sad part of the video is that I do, infact, make a mistake. Guess what happens....gets me killed. I also noticed after editing this thing together that I actually made three mistakes. The first being that I never used over load to take out the DKs support. Instead I kept trying to hit the support with meteor.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jW1LsHVOhfM&feature=youtu.be

    @akredon_ESO I am guessing you havent played this game for a long time if you still havent learned how to counter a sorc. Please dont take anything I said as hostile. It is hostile, but not aimed at you. I am just so fed up with everyone thinking sorcs are the easiest class, and nerf this and nerf that from sorcs, and now its flat out "gut the sorcs" We were and still are the MOST nerfed class in this game and 1.6 finally gave us some breathing room and now everyone wants to take it away because "we cant kill the teleporty guys and keep falling for their cat and mouse tactic."

    Please watch the video :) it will give good insight to the life of a sorc

    Just saying: you were one of the strongest and most vocal posters when the subject of DK's and their relative strength vis-a-vis other classes, particularly sorcerers, back in 1.4 and 1.5. When posters told you the sorts of counters you could do as a sorc, you utterly dismissed them, not because these tactics were ineffective, but *they didn't match the style you wanted to play*.

    It is interesting now the shoe is on the other foot and many people are vocal against your class, you dismiss their concerns with "YOU DON'T" You tell them to equip a bow, but when this sort of change-your-playstyle advice was given to you about DKs, you insisted that you shouldn't have to.

    I know you are going to retort that this is somehow different for whatever reason and if you think that way, which I'm sure you do, that is fine. I just find it amusing that many of the posters who were raging about their ineptness vs DKs and now defending their class when other posters are raging about their ineptness against sorcerers.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 1, 2015 2:35PM
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone

    I really hate to say this but.....YOU DONT! Either you put on a bow and attempt to hit them, use 2H and crit charge them, or sword and shield and and shield charge us(all three of those things have triple the range of ONE bolt escape cast. think about that). If you chase a sorc WITHOUT knowing you have the upper hand is the stupidest thing you can do, and if you keep doing it then you are terrible. So because us sorcs use a skill that is meant to get us out of combat or quickly into combat (depending on play style) and you cant kill/stop/catch up to them, it means gut the freaking sorcs right?

    When I quit playing this game it wont be because of the devs. It will be because of this toxic community who cry for nerfs on EVERYTHING that they cant do and or refuse to learn to deal with mechanic wise (this is 100% a learn to play issue). The crazy amounts of the nerf word being thrown around mixed with people assuming every one class should be able to do/counter every situation (which lets be honest you can be IF you are willing to change your style) while in pvp is just insane.

    You go to pvp thinking it will play like PVE. No it wont. You realize a sorc can get away from you with your current set up. What is the only logical solution? Cry for nerfs!

    dont chase, its what we want you to do. Playing a sorc is NOT easy at all. You say you have stunned one and they just get up and BE away, so you assumed they would just lay there and be like "oh well he tagged me (stunned) so I cant play no more he wins" *throws hands in the air and gives up cuz he got tagged* NO lol we are getting the flip out of there. We will run the freak away until we have the upper hand or the battle is in our favor.

    So many people crying over playing tactically. "But they run away and come back and initiate the fight again only to run" well no crap! We want to pull you from your group and slowly make you waste your resources, then when the time is right (see previous statement about waiting until it is in our favor) we strike and burst. Not our fault you chased us. Not our fault that when we came back and started teasing you again then ran away your epeen got hurt and you needed to chase us to prove your dominance! That is EXACTLY what sorcs are banking on. People fall for it ALL. THE. TIME.

    I made this video for my friend who claims sorcs are so easy to play and are the noobest class in the game and anyone can roll one and be good. I couldnt stop laughing. If you make ONE mistake you die as a sorc. READ THAT AGAIN lol ONE mistake :) This video will also show you things to do to counter sorcs. The sad part of the video is that I do, infact, make a mistake. Guess what happens....gets me killed. I also noticed after editing this thing together that I actually made three mistakes. The first being that I never used over load to take out the DKs support. Instead I kept trying to hit the support with meteor.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jW1LsHVOhfM&feature=youtu.be

    @akredon_ESO I am guessing you havent played this game for a long time if you still havent learned how to counter a sorc. Please dont take anything I said as hostile. It is hostile, but not aimed at you. I am just so fed up with everyone thinking sorcs are the easiest class, and nerf this and nerf that from sorcs, and now its flat out "gut the sorcs" We were and still are the MOST nerfed class in this game and 1.6 finally gave us some breathing room and now everyone wants to take it away because "we cant kill the teleporty guys and keep falling for their cat and mouse tactic."

    Please watch the video :) it will give good insight to the life of a sorc

    Just saying: you were one of the strongest and most vocal posters when the subject of DK's and their relative strength vis-a-vis other classes, particularly sorcerers, back in 1.4 and 1.5. When posters told you the sorts of counters you could do as a sorc, you utterly dismissed them, not because these tactics were ineffective, but *they didn't match the style you wanted to play*.

    It is interesting now the shoe is on the other foot and many people are vocal against your class, you dismiss their concerns with "YOU DON'T" You tell them to equip a bow, but when this sort of change-your-playstyle advice was given to you about DKs, you insisted that you shouldn't have to.

    I know you are going to retort that this is somehow different for whatever reason and if you think that way, which I'm sure you do, that is fine. I just find it amusing that many of the posters who were raging about their ineptness vs DKs and now defending their class when other posters are raging about their ineptness against sorcerers.

    you are right, and ZoS even admitted that RS was way to strong. That was a very valid complaint. I will not deny that :) with that being said, bolt escape was nerfed into the ground and people still complain about it lol I didnt switch my weapons to counter reflective scales because I found other ways around it. Keyword there is found other ways around it :P The only difference here is that ZoS admitted RS was way to strong for what it does. Like I previously stated, bolt escape is not as bad as people make it out to be one bit. Is it annoying sure is. But ZoS has already hit that thing with the nerf bat and never looked back on it.

    RS, sadly, is still spammable and does exactly what it did pre 1.6. Just have to apply it a little more with no penalties for using that defensive move repeatedly, unlike bolt escape. So where were you going with that?

    EDIT: in case you missed it, i did say I found ways around RS, but it made me take a huge hit to dps and the ability to kill a DK pre 1.6(2.0) went down drastically, but it allowed me to allow others to finish them off ( no need to switch weapons like people suggested). Also, since day one sorcs have been under fire. So you are damn right I am going to defend the one get out of the crap hitting the fan move we have even with the insane nerf it has to this day. I also made it pretty clear that there are ways to counter it should people complaining choose to. Those ways included switching weapons and play styles if all you want to do is counter it. If you dont want to, then dont chase a sorc. Never said they should change skills completely like others said is needed back then for RS. I suggested it if they were willing to do so. Or they could do what I did, and get creative, theory craft, and find ways around it.
    Edited by Gorthax on April 1, 2015 2:45PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone

    I really hate to say this but.....YOU DONT! Either you put on a bow and attempt to hit them, use 2H and crit charge them, or sword and shield and and shield charge us(all three of those things have triple the range of ONE bolt escape cast. think about that). If you chase a sorc WITHOUT knowing you have the upper hand is the stupidest thing you can do, and if you keep doing it then you are terrible. So because us sorcs use a skill that is meant to get us out of combat or quickly into combat (depending on play style) and you cant kill/stop/catch up to them, it means gut the freaking sorcs right?

    When I quit playing this game it wont be because of the devs. It will be because of this toxic community who cry for nerfs on EVERYTHING that they cant do and or refuse to learn to deal with mechanic wise (this is 100% a learn to play issue). The crazy amounts of the nerf word being thrown around mixed with people assuming every one class should be able to do/counter every situation (which lets be honest you can be IF you are willing to change your style) while in pvp is just insane.

    You go to pvp thinking it will play like PVE. No it wont. You realize a sorc can get away from you with your current set up. What is the only logical solution? Cry for nerfs!

    dont chase, its what we want you to do. Playing a sorc is NOT easy at all. You say you have stunned one and they just get up and BE away, so you assumed they would just lay there and be like "oh well he tagged me (stunned) so I cant play no more he wins" *throws hands in the air and gives up cuz he got tagged* NO lol we are getting the flip out of there. We will run the freak away until we have the upper hand or the battle is in our favor.

    So many people crying over playing tactically. "But they run away and come back and initiate the fight again only to run" well no crap! We want to pull you from your group and slowly make you waste your resources, then when the time is right (see previous statement about waiting until it is in our favor) we strike and burst. Not our fault you chased us. Not our fault that when we came back and started teasing you again then ran away your epeen got hurt and you needed to chase us to prove your dominance! That is EXACTLY what sorcs are banking on. People fall for it ALL. THE. TIME.

    I made this video for my friend who claims sorcs are so easy to play and are the noobest class in the game and anyone can roll one and be good. I couldnt stop laughing. If you make ONE mistake you die as a sorc. READ THAT AGAIN lol ONE mistake :) This video will also show you things to do to counter sorcs. The sad part of the video is that I do, infact, make a mistake. Guess what happens....gets me killed. I also noticed after editing this thing together that I actually made three mistakes. The first being that I never used over load to take out the DKs support. Instead I kept trying to hit the support with meteor.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jW1LsHVOhfM&feature=youtu.be

    @akredon_ESO I am guessing you havent played this game for a long time if you still havent learned how to counter a sorc. Please dont take anything I said as hostile. It is hostile, but not aimed at you. I am just so fed up with everyone thinking sorcs are the easiest class, and nerf this and nerf that from sorcs, and now its flat out "gut the sorcs" We were and still are the MOST nerfed class in this game and 1.6 finally gave us some breathing room and now everyone wants to take it away because "we cant kill the teleporty guys and keep falling for their cat and mouse tactic."

    Please watch the video :) it will give good insight to the life of a sorc

    Just saying: you were one of the strongest and most vocal posters when the subject of DK's and their relative strength vis-a-vis other classes, particularly sorcerers, back in 1.4 and 1.5. When posters told you the sorts of counters you could do as a sorc, you utterly dismissed them, not because these tactics were ineffective, but *they didn't match the style you wanted to play*.

    It is interesting now the shoe is on the other foot and many people are vocal against your class, you dismiss their concerns with "YOU DON'T" You tell them to equip a bow, but when this sort of change-your-playstyle advice was given to you about DKs, you insisted that you shouldn't have to.

    I know you are going to retort that this is somehow different for whatever reason and if you think that way, which I'm sure you do, that is fine. I just find it amusing that many of the posters who were raging about their ineptness vs DKs and now defending their class when other posters are raging about their ineptness against sorcerers.

    I remember the same thing and was already working on a similar post. He even entered the DK discussion thread on 1.6 PTS and tried to derail it over further DK nerfs. Toxic was the perfect word for it.
    Edited by Armitas on April 1, 2015 2:42PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

    More accurately, two of their abilities.

    1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
    2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

    I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.


    ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

    YES YES AND YES LORD PRAISE YOUR KIND HEART FOR STARTING THIS THREAD, HONESTLY! :D
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wah????
    #FreeCyrodiilPvP
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both BoL and hardened ward is a joke and needs to be nerfed. They are much stronger, and give more utility than similar abilities in the game

    Still can't believe zos let two such op abilities go live.

    Pvp is ruined because of sorcerers being so OP
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone

    I really hate to say this but.....YOU DONT! Either you put on a bow and attempt to hit them, use 2H and crit charge them, or sword and shield and and shield charge us(all three of those things have triple the range of ONE bolt escape cast. think about that). If you chase a sorc WITHOUT knowing you have the upper hand is the stupidest thing you can do, and if you keep doing it then you are terrible. So because us sorcs use a skill that is meant to get us out of combat or quickly into combat (depending on play style) and you cant kill/stop/catch up to them, it means gut the freaking sorcs right?

    When I quit playing this game it wont be because of the devs. It will be because of this toxic community who cry for nerfs on EVERYTHING that they cant do and or refuse to learn to deal with mechanic wise (this is 100% a learn to play issue). The crazy amounts of the nerf word being thrown around mixed with people assuming every one class should be able to do/counter every situation (which lets be honest you can be IF you are willing to change your style) while in pvp is just insane.

    You go to pvp thinking it will play like PVE. No it wont. You realize a sorc can get away from you with your current set up. What is the only logical solution? Cry for nerfs!

    dont chase, its what we want you to do. Playing a sorc is NOT easy at all. You say you have stunned one and they just get up and BE away, so you assumed they would just lay there and be like "oh well he tagged me (stunned) so I cant play no more he wins" *throws hands in the air and gives up cuz he got tagged* NO lol we are getting the flip out of there. We will run the freak away until we have the upper hand or the battle is in our favor.

    So many people crying over playing tactically. "But they run away and come back and initiate the fight again only to run" well no crap! We want to pull you from your group and slowly make you waste your resources, then when the time is right (see previous statement about waiting until it is in our favor) we strike and burst. Not our fault you chased us. Not our fault that when we came back and started teasing you again then ran away your epeen got hurt and you needed to chase us to prove your dominance! That is EXACTLY what sorcs are banking on. People fall for it ALL. THE. TIME.

    I made this video for my friend who claims sorcs are so easy to play and are the noobest class in the game and anyone can roll one and be good. I couldnt stop laughing. If you make ONE mistake you die as a sorc. READ THAT AGAIN lol ONE mistake :) This video will also show you things to do to counter sorcs. The sad part of the video is that I do, infact, make a mistake. Guess what happens....gets me killed. I also noticed after editing this thing together that I actually made three mistakes. The first being that I never used over load to take out the DKs support. Instead I kept trying to hit the support with meteor.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jW1LsHVOhfM&feature=youtu.be

    @akredon_ESO I am guessing you havent played this game for a long time if you still havent learned how to counter a sorc. Please dont take anything I said as hostile. It is hostile, but not aimed at you. I am just so fed up with everyone thinking sorcs are the easiest class, and nerf this and nerf that from sorcs, and now its flat out "gut the sorcs" We were and still are the MOST nerfed class in this game and 1.6 finally gave us some breathing room and now everyone wants to take it away because "we cant kill the teleporty guys and keep falling for their cat and mouse tactic."

    Please watch the video :) it will give good insight to the life of a sorc

    Just saying: you were one of the strongest and most vocal posters when the subject of DK's and their relative strength vis-a-vis other classes, particularly sorcerers, back in 1.4 and 1.5. When posters told you the sorts of counters you could do as a sorc, you utterly dismissed them, not because these tactics were ineffective, but *they didn't match the style you wanted to play*.

    It is interesting now the shoe is on the other foot and many people are vocal against your class, you dismiss their concerns with "YOU DON'T" You tell them to equip a bow, but when this sort of change-your-playstyle advice was given to you about DKs, you insisted that you shouldn't have to.

    I know you are going to retort that this is somehow different for whatever reason and if you think that way, which I'm sure you do, that is fine. I just find it amusing that many of the posters who were raging about their ineptness vs DKs and now defending their class when other posters are raging about their ineptness against sorcerers.

    I remember the same thing and was already working on a similar post. He even entered the DK discussion thread on 1.6 PTS and tried to derail it over further DK nerfs. Toxic was the perfect word for it.

    lol I never tried to derail anything. In fact I made fun of people who were trying to say DKs are now broke because light armor+ perma block + flappy flap + lava whip is not viable anymore. Please though :D Carry on ^_^

    Oh, side note, the biggest issue I ever had with RS was the fact that it can reflect a freaking meteor from space. That is why I was such a huge advocate for it. Not to nerf the skill, but to make it so meteor couldnt be reflected because it isnt a spell projectile. I even stated over load I can agree with because I am shooting them from my own hands (spell projectile) where as meteor is not. Still on that train there though :P As for my past post, yea I was a toxic person back then and I can admit it lol I have toned it down a lot though and stopped giving two craps about it because ZoS isnt gonna do anything and either I can enjoy the game and find creative ways around broke skills and over powered combos or dont play. I like the game enough to keep playing and trying to find ways around things without resorting to the FOTM combos :D

    EDIT: @Armitas here is the only comment in a DK thread from the PTS I ever made. Love how I was trying to derail a thread and called for nerfs :P you might have me confused for someone else lol oh and the date was Feb 10th if you want to go through my comment log and look to verify :D its the only DK thread I ever popped into and commented ^_~

    l8hGPI2.png


    EDIT2: Sorry @Armitas I found another

    V7OIwHz.png

    Clearly you can see I am replying to you and not calling for a nerf but still standing by what I said earlier in this thread (this sorc one) where I said I was and still am a HUGE advocate for RS not reflecting meteor. I even state that DKs are still really good and not once did I call for a nerf lol

    So again, I say you have me confused with someone else :D
    Edited by Gorthax on April 1, 2015 3:15PM
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both BoL and hardened ward is a joke and needs to be nerfed. They are much stronger, and give more utility than similar abilities in the game

    Still can't believe zos let two such op abilities go live.

    Pvp is ruined because of sorcerers being so OP

    Terrible but vocal pvpers like yourself continue to be this game's worst enemy.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

    you are right, and ZoS even admitted that RS was way to strong. That was a very valid complaint. I will not deny that :) with that being said, bolt escape was nerfed into the ground and people still complain about it lol I didnt switch my weapons to counter reflective scales because I found other ways around it. Keyword there is found other ways around it :P The only difference here is that ZoS admitted RS was way to strong for what it does. Like I previously stated, bolt escape is not as bad as people make it out to be one bit. Is it annoying sure is. But ZoS has already hit that thing with the nerf bat and never looked back on it.

    RS, sadly, is still spammable and does exactly what it did pre 1.6. Just have to apply it a little more with no penalties for using that defensive move repeatedly, unlike bolt escape. So where were you going with that?

    EDIT: in case you missed it, i did say I found ways around RS, but it made me take a huge hit to dps and the ability to kill a DK pre 1.6(2.0) went down drastically, but it allowed me to allow others to finish them off. Also, since day one sorcs have been under fire. So you are damn right I am going to defend the one get out of the crap hitting the fan move we have even with the insane nerf it has to this day.

    It was not nerfed to the ground, it was nerfed. People were still BEing 12x in a row (sorc self reported) in 1.5, with CP and the loss of caps that is now higher. It is the self presumption that "your own complaints are the only valid ones" that leads to a toxic community.
    Edited by Armitas on April 1, 2015 2:57PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

    Pvp is ruined because of sorcerers being so OP


    Hahahaha


  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »

    you are right, and ZoS even admitted that RS was way to strong. That was a very valid complaint. I will not deny that :) with that being said, bolt escape was nerfed into the ground and people still complain about it lol I didnt switch my weapons to counter reflective scales because I found other ways around it. Keyword there is found other ways around it :P The only difference here is that ZoS admitted RS was way to strong for what it does. Like I previously stated, bolt escape is not as bad as people make it out to be one bit. Is it annoying sure is. But ZoS has already hit that thing with the nerf bat and never looked back on it.

    RS, sadly, is still spammable and does exactly what it did pre 1.6. Just have to apply it a little more with no penalties for using that defensive move repeatedly, unlike bolt escape. So where were you going with that?

    EDIT: in case you missed it, i did say I found ways around RS, but it made me take a huge hit to dps and the ability to kill a DK pre 1.6(2.0) went down drastically, but it allowed me to allow others to finish them off. Also, since day one sorcs have been under fire. So you are damn right I am going to defend the one get out of the crap hitting the fan move we have even with the insane nerf it has to this day.

    It was not nerfed to the ground, it was nerfed. People were still BEing 12x in a row (sorc self reported) in 1.5, with CP and the loss of caps that is now higher. It is the self presumption that "your own complaints are the only valid ones" that leads to a toxic community.

    The increased cost + halved magicka recovery isnt nerfed to the ground for a defensive skill? *shrugs* I can bolt escape a lot but if thats what I do then I leave myself little magicka to do anything. It is a huge trade off. People are always gonna disagree on everything. Then again, that is probably just my build and thats ok with me because I kill people and survive. I also get killed a lot too but only if I mess up my rotations and timing.
    Edited by Gorthax on April 1, 2015 3:04PM
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to get on my NB for the first time in several months. Goin pretty well.

    Went after a sorc with the infamous life bar of health, he tried to bolt away at first, so i ambushed over and over (4 times in a row exactly. At that point I managed to get about 3% into his actual health bar. At which point he turned around, crystal frag'd me (which I blocked) then overload light attacked once and I died. lol

    gg.
    Tirik Ironheart - V4 Templar
    Tirik - V12 NB Retired

    There are no pacts between lions and men.
This discussion has been closed.