The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

End of Campaign

tgundersneb18_ESO
tgundersneb18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Why is only scoreboards/AP reset at end of campaign?

What is the reason for not reseting the campaign completely, return all players to their alliance gates. Reset all keeps except possibly 2-3 keeps to unclaimed. And depose the current emperor, and let the battle be fresh and new?

Atm the dominant alliance can sustain theire hold of a campaign for as long as they want. They keep emperor, scrolls and keeps after reset. So basically a reset means nothing. There is no difference after a reset..

The way it is now one campaign die after the other. And people keep moving from campaign to campaign. If you completely reset the campaign people feel they have a chance to turn the campaign after it resets.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would you rather the alliance will the most players online during the reset have free reign over the map?

Chillrend reset at 4am eastern time last night. I know most of DC isn't on at that time. So we should just lets AD or EP have an even easier time nightcapping?
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    derpsticks wrote: »
    Would you rather the alliance will the most players online during the reset have free reign over the map?

Chillrend reset at 4am eastern time last night. I know most of DC isn't on at that time. So we should just lets AD or EP have an even easier time nightcapping?

How would resetting the entire map benefit any one alliance ? They would all be reset to the same point ? Also DC should not complain about night/day capping on chillrend. Blues have the number advantage their almost all day. Also if you haven't noticed the alliance with the most numbers generally controls the map, so that point doesn't really matter. I support a full campaign reset, leaderboards and map reset.
    Edited by Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO on March 31, 2015 6:24PM
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭

If most DC isn't playing at that time all your keeps/scrolls would be taken anyways. Actually, having a fresh reset would help the less populated alliances because they will get a third of the map back plus their 2 scrolls.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    THIS IS NOT A DAY/NIGHT CAPPING, NOR A PvDOOR THREAD.

I agree with the OP, my only question is why it hasn't already been implemented and tested to see how it affects the status quo of Buff Campaigns.
    Edited by Observant on March 31, 2015 6:29PM
    Vehemence
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good suggestion OP, I fully support this. Definitely the better design choice. It would also kind of get rid of the whole, forever reigning emps on buff campaigns.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As it is, it is the alliance with the most players on about <12hr's BEFORE reset that sets up the new campaign.

EP do this all the time, get and hold onto everyone's everything <12hr before reset (even if it means a day off work/school it seems)

Worked on Thorn a treat and I see the red splurge tried it on Chill but failed because people can read them like a book now.

Edited by BRogueNZ on March 31, 2015 6:46PM
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the winners of the past campaign should keep there advantage at the start of the next, they earned it. BTW im AD and we have been in last place for like 6 months now.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are already capping and holding everything 12 hours before a reset, what is the difference between that and them getting on at a specific hour to capture all the undefended keeps?
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did reset the map then a dat before it ended the losing side would say "why do we need to do anything or regain scrolls that might be lost? Its just going to reset tomorrow!"
  • tgundersneb18_ESO
    tgundersneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is not a thread about night capping as someone mentioned. I have never seen that as a problem.

The point is that without a complete reset the reigning champion alliance has a "super" start bonus which makes it even harder to fight back. In most competitive games you start fresh after someone has won. You don't start the next match and the winner of the previous game/round has a big advantage over you.

I don't suggest this change because i am "tired of loosing", this is a suggestion to make the turning / end of a campaign more exciting. a fresh start and ready for a good fight. Who looses and wins in the end doesn't matter.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is only scoreboards/AP reset at end of campaign?

What is the reason for not reseting the campaign completely, return all players to their alliance gates. Reset all keeps except possibly 2-3 keeps to unclaimed. And depose the current emperor, and let the battle be fresh and new?

Atm the dominant alliance can sustain theire hold of a campaign for as long as they want. They keep emperor, scrolls and keeps after reset. So basically a reset means nothing. There is no difference after a reset..

The way it is now one campaign die after the other. And people keep moving from campaign to campaign. If you completely reset the campaign people feel they have a chance to turn the campaign after it resets.

Because they want it to be a persistant world where what you do and accomplish stands until enemies take action to change it. They dont want it to become a waiting for reset game. If you want that go play GW2 with their 2 week resets and peopel giving up right away and waiting for resets.

Dont look at the begining of them owning stuff like a jump on the campaign score. The score and even winning the campaign is like a small bonus. the real rewards for winning come from owning enemy keeps, scrolls, and emperor. They are the current bonuses you get for doing that and can be obtained at any point of the campaign regardless of the score. Exp bonus, character power and gold bonuses are the rewards you get while winning on teh map, not for actually winning the campaign.

When one kindom conqured another I don't ever remember them moving out right afterwards because they won... that would make no sense and take away the point of doing it...The losing kindom or a new one had to come and try to take it back.

Thats how teh alliance war in ESO works, and is the same way in Darkage of Camelot and Planet Side 2. Even when 1 side is in control of most the map things can change drastically in hours.

Id also recomment you move to a balanced campaign like Thornblade. The problem with your campaign is yourside is outmanned and nothing will fix your side being behind not even a map reset
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on March 31, 2015 9:11PM
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been asking this my self cause reset would prevent pvdooring.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

peopel giving up and waiting for resets is a much bigger problem. Resets take away any sense of accomlishment or investments.

Play on the main campaign like Thornblade and there is no problems, it balanced and things shift at anytime and then go back
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭

peopel giving up and waiting for resets is a much bigger problem. Resets take away any sense of accomlishment or investments.

Play on the main campaign like Thornblade and there is no problems, it balanced and things shift at anytime and then go back

But why play on Thornblade when it lags all day. :[
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many players seem to arrive in chillrend each day from thornblade. I've noticed a definite increase in lag there too.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My opinion is still the same:

Get rid of campaign cycles and let points, both AP and the alliance scoring, expire after one campaign period has passed. Not the AP in your bag and alliance rank ofc, just those on the leaderboard.
    The points just only count for one month on Thornblade, then vanish.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would this change anything? Whats the point of this at all?

If a faction is holding 2/3 of the map when the campaign ends they seem to have the forces at hand to keep this state of the map, right?
    How would resetting the map hold this faction back from recapturing the resetted keeps directly after reset and get an AP headstart (not important for scoring, I know) this way as they still seem to have the forces to do so?

This would only benefit the already dominating faction around reset time as they would get even more AP during the first hours after reset due to recapturing the keeps instead of sitting in their keeps and waiting for someone to attack (if it wouldn't be reset).
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, standardizing the reset time for a campaign so that it occurs at a more active time for the NA and EU servers respectively is an immediate solution to any "Night capping" concerns. Secondly, calling it "Nightcapping" is ignorant as *** given that it is probably daytime where those players live. Ever hear of time zones? Until there is an Australian server, they'll be playing on our servers when it is day for them and nighttime for East Coast people.

Thirdly, I was shocked that the OPs concern wasn't how the campaign reset already operated. In GW2, reset was a huge deal each week because it happened during the highest server population times and the maps were completely reset. People clogged queues and fought tooth and nail. Why should a faction get to keep an Emperor or Scrolls or Keeps or anything when a new campaign begins? Other than the score going to 0, it makes it no different than a 30 day campaign with the only difference being how fast you gain your rewards. Making the campaign reset at, say, 7pm Eastern time would make reset a big, exciting deal every time it happens and I think you'd see far more campaigns be densely populated instead of the lagfest that is Thornblade with everything else being pretty sparse.

If you sit down to play a game of Magic: the Gathering, you start fresh each time with an even playing field. You wouldn't let your opponent start with cards already in play, especially powerful ones. So, why should a faction get an Emperor, Scrolls, and more Keeps than there opponents at the start of a new match?

If you are the "dominant faction" you shouldn't be that worried about a full map reset putting a damper on your success, unless you're....chicken.

It's pretty *** that a faction can start a "fresh" campaign and own nothing on the map and no scrolls. Yeah, that's fresh. If I joined a campaign like that at reset, I'd promptly go somewhere else.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you please look into making this possible? It would go a long way to having some campaigns be played. I know Haderus, for example, hardly has any players ever because AD dominates it so hard and the week ending doesn't change that situation.
    Edited by RivenEsq on April 1, 2015 11:16AM
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well one reason I could think of, is that it would make the last couple hours of a campaign pretty useless and prevent folks form doing anything.

Why defend the keeps/scrolls/what have you if it's just going to reset in a little bit.

Second reason it think it's not this way is because Wheeler, as seen in his last interview, looks at this map as a "war", emphasis on the war. And in that respect, it wouldn't make sense to reset.

Regardless, the first point I make would happen, and it would be just awful. Damn you human nature!
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.