Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game stuttering. please help.

Zheroul
Zheroul
✭✭
I have been playing ESO off and on since beta on this same rig. Now I have noticed that a single core of my CPU keeps hitting 100% load while grinding or in Cyrodil, and it immediately begins to stutter.

All of my drivers and bios have been updated, cores unparked, and installed the windows 7 hotfixes for my processor.

CPU: AMD fx9590 @4.7ghz
GPU: Radeon 7970 3Gig
Mobo: Asrock Extreme 9
Ram: 16Gigs G.Skill Trident @1866
PSU: Corsair 1000watt

Can anyone help?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely it is due to the mods you use.
    Try to disable all of them and take a look.
    If it will work, turn them on one-by-one.
  • Zheroul
    Zheroul
    ✭✭
    I forgot to mention that this happens at ALL graphic levels from low to ultra high. In ultra I normally play at about 40-50fps but in these situations my fps will drop to 12fps or less.

My internet is also 60down/4up with a usual ping rate of 125
  • Zheroul
    Zheroul
    ✭✭
    I have checked my addons before but it was before I did everything else. So I had an underlying issue that I must have fixed in my fit to fix it. @LameoveR Thank you!
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait. So, problem is fixed or not?
  • Zheroul
    Zheroul
    ✭✭
    @LameoveR It is. It was the greymind quickslot bar and harvest map add-ons.

I had previously formated my ssd thinking it may have been a virus, etc. It wasn't so, I reinstalled my addons since there was no change. This was all before I tried unparking my cores, finding about my processor's need for a hotfix in win 7, and bios update.
    Edited by Zheroul on March 29, 2015 2:05PM