Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DPS - PvP (Class Inquiry)

Najjynn
Najjynn
✭✭
Hi folks,
I recently started actively playing again with the release of 1.6. I'm looking to level up to VR14 and get into PvP again; however, my preferred playstyle for PvP is ranged capability (preferably magicka rather than bow), with the capability to also solo well.

I've got a Dragonknight and Templar both up in the vet ranks and having a terrible time choosing between them for a magicka build for PvP purposes, and could use your input. Or, even leveling a sorcerer if that's recommend (however, I would prefer not to level another toon up into the vet ranks if at all possible).

Any comments are greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged magicka DPS; I think I would like the Sorc better. DKs are tanky and dont have a lot of range. Templar would be kind of a tweener between the 2 depending on how you build but outside of RD; I am not overly thrilled with their ranged options.

EDIT: Also; if you ever get into a good group for team oriented PvP; as a templar you will be expected to heal in most cases. At least a little bit. Just something to keep in mind.
    Edited by technohic on March 26, 2015 6:51PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc or DK. Sorc for more range/mobility. DK damage output is higher but to apply DoTs you have to be in close range.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]