The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Returning noob build help needed

vampirian
vampirian
Soul Shriven
Hi All!

Returning beta player here and this game is confusing as I remember it so I am hoping for a little help.

I am looking to build a Magika/NB focusing on Dual Weild and Resto Staff in Heavy Armor.

#1 is this a viable solo end game PvE and PvP build?
#2 If I go 32 Magika 30 Health 0 Stamina will this gimp me for using Dual weild skills?
#3 what type of issues would I have regarding stealth/dodging etc in Heavy armor?
#4 what race makes the most sense for this build? I am stuck between Dunmer and Orc I think
#5 Why would I choose Magka over Stamina? Whats the benefits to each? I know all class skills use Magika except the Ult and all weapon skills use Stamina, most builds are Stamina... are the weapon skills that much more powerful? Or is it for the world/alliance/guild skills? Still very confused on this part.

Any response would be appreciated.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this would be one of the builds that will be challenging to play. Not impossible, not hard, just challenging. NB are already the more difficult class to get the most out of, but once you know how to play them, they are devastating, at least in PvE.

First, Night Blades benefit from Medium Armor for the Sneak Passive, and the Stamina Passives too. Also, NB/DW is really best suited to a Stamina Build (your Skill Morphs determine if your Magic or Stamina focused). Pick a Focus and go all in on it, or mostly all in on it with your Attributes and Glyphs. You can certainly do a Magic based NB, but your DW will suffer for it.

Personally, to get your feet wet in the game (you can always respec this character into Crafting after you have done some levels) is to roll a Templar or Dragon Knight as those are the easiest classes to play. You won't be dieing all the time. Then once you have your head wrapped around how things work, then roll your NB.
    Edited by Nestor on March 25, 2015 10:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"