The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Patch 2.0.2 UI Bug] Camera getting stuck in "cursor" mode.

azakain
azakain
Soul Shriven
I've submitted this as a bug through the game client, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this issue.

The last two evenings when I completed a Blacksmith Writ on one of my characters and looted the rewards from the container my camera never exited "cursor" mode. When I finished looting the container it didn't switch back to the normal camera mode and from that point on the client switched to, and remained in, "cursor" mode any time I looted a container, opened a screen such as my inventory, the map, character screen, etc. - basically any UI element that normally switches to "cursor" mode and then automatically switches back to the normal camera mode. I could manually exit "cursor" mode with the normal hot key (.) but that would only last until the next time I did any of the above.

This bug persists even if I log out with that character and log on with another character. The only way I can restore the normal behavior of the game client is to completely exit the game and restart it from the launcher.

I had never seen this behavior prior to patch 2.0.2. I have also not seen the UI experience this bug when opening other Writ reward containers or other chests or containers placed around the world. Also, both Blacksmith Writ rewards contained a survey item, though that probably shouldn't make any difference.
  • azakain
    azakain
    Soul Shriven
    Update - I just had this same thing happen to my second character after turning in Clothier and Woodworker writs. The UI started sticking in "cursor" mode after looting the reward satchels, so it isn't limited to Blacksmith rewards and those two satchels contained no surveys or other special items.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup i have been getting this too. I also get the missing interact key(E) too. Have to logout and relog to fix either.
  • azakain
    azakain
    Soul Shriven
    I found a quick way to fix the issue is to use the "Reload UI" function, so it is definitely a UI bug that seems to have been introduced with the latest patch. I did get the issue during crafting the other day and, to be honest, the earlier occurrences could have been during crafting and I just didn't notice the issue until I looted the rewards for the writ.

As long as I don't use crafting I haven't been able to reproduce the bug and I can't reproduce it 100% of the time during crafting or looting the award container from turning in the crafting writ (I'd say if I'm crafting something it is about 60/40 in favor of encountering the bug).