The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alas, my game now crashes every time I enter a new zone--by Stendar I hope that the next patch fixes

Threemoons
Threemoons
✭✭✭
Since the last patch it's been a nightmare.

Didn't change any of my game settings.

Here's my info:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.150225-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: KC787AV-ABA d4996t
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/17/08 16:25:45 Ver: 5.21
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 3452MB used, 3417MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_23271462&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2386 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1407 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor: HP w2007 Wide LCD Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2049 (English)
DDI Version: 11
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/21/2013 08:02:43, 12427240 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    Try watching your performance monitor ( Task manager >> Performance Tab in Windows 8, not sure if it is called/or in Vista), to see if your CPU is bottlenecking your 560ti. The Core2duo is quite old. So, my initial suggestion would be to turn down water reflections, all the extra stuff like bloom, sunlight rays, etc. and turning down your view distance (this seemed to directly affect gpu utilization for me). I wouldn't play with textures anywhere beyond medium either.
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Intervein,

Thanks, will try. Already have it ratcheted down pretty low but can try even more....again, though, it only seems to happen when transitioning, not under any other graphics....so not sure it's 100% my settings.

And yeah, it's an old machine, but I have a selective boot when I game, and have jollied along this old gal for some time...and again, it was all fantastic until the latest update.
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    Yes, the forum seems to have blown up with complaints. My secondary computer runs an i5-4400 just using an integrated hd 4600 that did not have much trouble before 1.6, but crashed consistently when loading between areas. I changed a few things: (decreased) view distance, particle suppression and turned off all the extras. The computer is used as a rendering server for streaming the game to a crappy little laptop for my wife. So, I upgraded our router to make sure that all of our wifi devices were getting the best signal and throughput. Those are things you may want to evaluate too--or this could just be all in the patch. :(
    Edited by Intervein on March 24, 2015 2:22AM
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Intervein,

Well, my computer is not on WiFi; direct from the wall to the back of the rig, so that's not the issue, but will ratchet down the other things...
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, ground my settings down from 'marginally acceptable" to "looks like absolute crap" but it has delayed crashes. Downloading latest patch now; hope it helps.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bottleneck is your RAM.

Close game and launcher.
    Go to your Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live (or liveeu for EU server) folder
    delete or better rename file usersettings.txt
    delete file ShaderCache.cooked (or ShaderCache)
    restart the game and try to play awhile.

If it doesn't help, open usersettings.txt
    find line SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS ""
    and change it to SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "1" or "2".
    Try to play awhile.

If it doesn't helps:
    find line
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11" and change it to SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D9"
    Edited by LameoveR on March 31, 2015 1:47AM