Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

May I log in to my nephew's game but from my pc/launcher?

Mountain_Dewed
Mountain_Dewed
✭✭✭
I know you all are busy(read on Twitter) with new customers and all and I didn't think of that before I sent in a ticket or I would have asked on here in the first place and let it sit until someone got around to it. It's not an urgent matter.

I bought the game for my nephew back near launch and we played together for a while before he wasn't able to pay the sub anymore. He sent me his log in information today and I wanted to make sure that it didn't go against any ToS or rules of some kind for me to sign into two different accounts on one pc? I did read it's ok to have multiple accounts but better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you Mountain_Dewed
  • SapphireThunder
    It would be stupid if it wouldn't be legal.

So yes, you can.
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    It may send an untrusted login notification to his email, so unless you've already changed that--you run the risk of locking the account. Perhaps if you get him to change the email, or just make sure yourself before attempting.
    Edited by Intervein on March 24, 2015 2:16AM
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    It would be stupid if it wouldn't be legal.

So yes, you can.

Maybe you should leave the answering to the professionals!

Email:
    Well met, adventurer!

Players are not permitted to share their account, per our Code of Conduct. Account sharing is in violation of our Code of Conduct and can potentially result in permanent closure of an account. From our Code of Conduct:
    "4.3 You shall not share Your account with anyone. Joint or shared ownership or use of an account by more than one individual natural person is prohibited. Access to the ZeniMax sites and Services are intended for the entertainment, enjoyment and recreation of individual natural persons. These sites and services are not for use as corporate, business, commercial, or income seeking activities. Corporations, associations, partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies, artificial persona, and other businesses or entities that are not a single, individual natural person are not eligible to establish accounts to access the ZeniMax sites, play games or participate in offered services, nor is anyone who is acting for or on behalf of or in the course of the business of, any such artificial person or entities."
    To review the Code of Conduct in more detail, view it here:
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/code-of-conduct
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings @Mountain_Dewed !

Just to clarify this, if you have purchased your own copy of the game, you can use your own account information to log in to any computer. It is account sharing if you are logging in using your nephew's credentials, but provided you each have separate accounts, you may use the same machine to play by logging on separately!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jerethi50ub17_ESO
    Jerethi50ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I think he was asking if it was ok to log in to his nephews account because his nephew would no longer be using it. In other words, it wouldn't be a shared account, it would be a transferred account. Is it legal to give up and transfer ownership of an account, to another natural individual person.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Whoops... That is correct @Jerethi50ub17_ESO !

Accounts cannot be shared or transferred, and that does constitute a violation of our Terms of Service.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Grigs
    Grigs
    ✭✭
    If it is family it should be ok, anything else is just a scam and bad policy. See sig
    Edited by Grigs on March 26, 2015 7:20PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor