The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fix the aiming of abilities like refreshing path

pema
pema
✭✭✭
since update 6 there are new ways to get your ultimate were you want it and to aim certain abilities.
While weapons and spells are aimed via mouse, for some reason the ability refreshing path (this is a morph but it goes for the whole skill) can;t be aimed with the mouse. it will aimed to from the front of you're char, meaning that steering it is very hard. I find it very frustrating, especially because it's hard to put you're character to the right side, putting them in a straight line.

Am I the only one having issues with this, and is this the only ability that has this weird mechanism.

Please make it so you can aim it, instead of rezzing from the character so to say.
Officer of Alith Legion
Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those path skills are pretty hard to see also in many situations also
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleave in the two-handed line is also effected. It doesn't go where the recticle (you know, the handy device used for aiming) is pointed, it goes where the character is pointed. I find I can only use it if I retreat a little so the mobs bunch up in front of me. Walking backwards still works because the character retreats away from the recticle.

It's a real pain in the rear. It seems to effect conal AOEs

I was complaining about this a week ago but got almost no traction.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1608587/#Comment_1608587
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    streak got a bit trickier for mouslookers
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is happening with a bunch of skills. Seems to be the directional AoEs, but I'm not 100% sure it's only those. I know for sure that Arrow Spray (and its morphs), and Blessing of Protection (and its morphs) are having the same problem. The skill is cast whichever direction the character is facing, as opposed to pre-patch when the character would turn to face direction of the camera and then fire the skill.

I thought maybe this change was just a bug. If it was intentional, it's a terrible change. Especially in dungeons and PvP, I'm constantly looking around with the camera to check for enemies and make sure my position is good. Having to re-face my character before I fire a skill causes huge issues. Please please please, if this was intentional, put it back the way it was. If it is a bug, please fix asap.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, every frontal AoE - including sorcerers streak - is affected by this. and it's very, very anoying!