The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorcs are so weak now!

Hortator Mopa
Hortator Mopa
✭✭✭✭
4b82371725.jpg
While holding block, took less then 2 or 3 seconds to cast that all off.

Edited by Hortator Mopa on March 7, 2015 1:23PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ulti dealing 15k is OP but DKs doing 20k with light attacks is ok?

sorcs are in a miserable state currently the moment some one blocks as your dmg then looks like this:
    ifoh7t9.png

wich you did not do...
    5k is the dmg you normally see, 7,5k is a crit of that unblocked dmg.
    the 15k hit is a hit vs a nearly depleted shield which then crittical hitted.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 7, 2015 1:54PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    was blocking whole time, like post says lol...
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's obvious from the damage which attacks were blocked and which were not.

You were likely out of stamina. Besides dodge rolling is far more effective against overload attacks and a single dodge roll will cause 3 overloads to miss if they're being rapid fired like that.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

You were likely out of stamina. Besides dodge rolling is far more effective against overload attacks and a single dodge roll will cause 3 overloads to miss if they're being rapid fired like that.

Fair enough, in this situation though I just got off the horse and was not even attacking him. I heard sorcs are terrible now so I wanted to see and walked up just holding block as he got free hits on me.

Literally in a blink I was dead. From full stam holding block nothing else.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well overload is pretty powerful:/
    Edited by Cody on March 8, 2015 4:23AM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overload's powerful if you do nothing to mitigate the damage, just like every other ulti nuke. If I just stood still trying to hold block forever against everything, I'd die too.

Just posting some death recap and making a quip about how easily someone killed you doesn't really prove anything one way or another.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload is good now. That and Liquid Lightning (more for PvE) are the two major buffs non-pet sorcs got this patch.

Edited by Snit on March 8, 2015 7:55PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Overload's powerful if you do nothing to mitigate the damage, just like every other ulti nuke. If I just stood still trying to hold block forever against everything, I'd die too.

Just posting some death recap and making a quip about how easily someone killed you doesn't really prove anything one way or another.

I agree with this. Overload looks good on paper, but it's not as viable as OP is leading you to believe.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was blocking whole time, like post says lol...

It has a gcd on it so we already know you're full of bs when you say it happened in 2-3 seconds.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• ruzlb16_ESO
    ruzlb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »

I agree with this. Overload looks good on paper, but it's not as viable as OP is leading you to believe.

Overload doesn't just look good on paper. Overload is freaking mental nerfbait. I'm doing more damage per light attack with OL toggled than I do with my main nukes. And the changes to AoE caps have turned me into a raging storm of doom in PvP...

I really question the idea that sorcs are somehow *** now; I'm feeling more powerful than ever, really(Can't speak for trails, but general PvE and PvP). Our single-target damage is weaker than other classes, but that's always been the case - we make up for it on AoE. Sorcs have a ton of AoE abilities (every other skill or it's morph has an AoE component) so we've gained a massive buff from the AoE changes automatically.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Overload doesn't just look good on paper. Overload is freaking mental nerfbait. I'm doing more damage per light attack with OL toggled than I do with my main nukes. And the changes to AoE caps have turned me into a raging storm of doom in PvP...

I really question the idea that sorcs are somehow *** now; I'm feeling more powerful than ever, really(Can't speak for trails, but general PvE and PvP). Our single-target damage is weaker than other classes, but that's always been the case - we make up for it on AoE. Sorcs have a ton of AoE abilities (every other skill or it's morph has an AoE component) so we've gained a massive buff from the AoE changes automatically.
    By a ton of aoe abilities I assume you mean just lightning splash and lightning form? Mines is subpar with a 3 sec arm time and encase is not DD. Or is streak our amazing aoe dps?

How exactly do sorcs "make up" a lack of single target dps with our aoe dps? Have you played DK or temp?

Sorcs have good CC, but not aoe dps from class skills.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

By a ton of aoe abilities I assume you mean just lightning splash and lightning form? Mines is subpar with a 3 sec arm time and encase is not DD. Or is streak our amazing aoe dps?

How exactly do sorcs "make up" a lack of single target dps with our aoe dps? Have you played DK or temp?

Sorcs have good CC, but not aoe dps from class skills.

Not sure he has a good definition on "AoE."
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it comes to not moving or doing anything but AoEing I'm inclined to believe Sorcs have the strongest AoE. Daedric Mines, Liquid Lightning, and Impulse spam will out DPS any other class if you keep all 3 active. It is also extremely expensive. The problem is, as soon as we get aggro, half of our time is spent either bolt escaping away (dropping DPS significantly), or spamming our shields to avoid dying which also lowers our DPS. By very nature of being so squishy and unable to take hits our AoE utility suffers.

Power Overload right now is weaker than it ever was for many reasons but chief among them is the fact that there are *far* more stamina builds out there with the ability to dodge roll infinitely right now and overload is the only ult that people can dodge roll away from. There is also the fact that the sorc Meta has changed to Ball of Lightning which makes sorcs immune to Overload, DKs have always been immune to it.

I'll be the first person to admit that Power Overload is only good against bad players with a few exceptions.

The best thing Power Overload has going for it right now is as a reserve ability bar. I'm using it now to store my Daedric Mines, Retreating Manuevers, Rune Prison, Immovable to save space on my main two bars.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it comes to not moving or doing anything but AoEing I'm inclined to believe Sorcs have the strongest AoE. Daedric Mines, Liquid Lightning, and Impulse spam will out DPS any other class if you keep all 3 active. It is also extremely expensive. The problem is, as soon as we get aggro, half of our time is spent either bolt escaping away (dropping DPS significantly), or spamming our shields to avoid dying which also lowers our DPS. By very nature of being so squishy and unable to take hits our AoE utility suffers.

Power Overload right now is weaker than it ever was for many reasons but chief among them is the fact that there are *far* more stamina builds out there with the ability to dodge roll infinitely right now and overload is the only ult that people can dodge roll away from. There is also the fact that the sorc Meta has changed to Ball of Lightning which makes sorcs immune to Overload, DKs have always been immune to it.

I'll be the first person to admit that Power Overload is only good against bad players with a few exceptions.

The best thing Power Overload has going for it right now is as a reserve ability bar. I'm using it now to store my Daedric Mines, Retreating Manuevers, Rune Prison, Immovable to save space on my main two bars.

I'm still sticking to streak. I debated the shift for a day, but I refuse. Especially after how useful it's been against those 2-H/uppercut/crit rush spamming players. They can sit there and toss me in the air all the want, but they'll never keep up the resources to get through my shields and heal through my damage ;)
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on March 9, 2015 2:30PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm still sticking to streak. I debated the shift for a day, but I refuse. Especially after how useful it's been against those 2-H/uppercut/crit rush spamming players. They can sit there and toss me in the air all the want, but they'll never keep up the resources to get through my shields and heal through my damage ;)

I just use my endless mana pool to let them keep charging me far away from their pack, then turn and kill them there.

Admittedly the bonus damage is nice, but having the ability to be immune to Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock, Dark Flare, Impale, Meteor and a ton of caster NPC projectiles is huge to me.

There is also the blinding effect of people who are chasing you that makes it easier to kill them when you do finally turn on them to kill them.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

I just use my endless mana pool to let them keep charging me far away from their pack, then turn and kill them there.

Admittedly the bonus damage is nice, but having the ability to be immune to Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock, Dark Flare, Impale, Meteor and a ton of caster NPC projectiles is huge to me.

There is also the blinding effect of people who are chasing you that makes it easier to kill them when you do finally turn on them to kill them.

I don't ever recall being blinding by Ball of Lightning lol. Its all preference really. I like Streak for the AOE stun, in small group battles Streaking through everyone really softens them up for others and it has turned the tide of a battle many times for me. Granted the damage is at best mediocre but it can (and has) proc'd disintegration. I've also never found myself not being able to run away from a zerg because of spell projectiles, if anything its gap closers and Bows that get me.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO WE DONT NEED JESUSBEAM
    WE ARE JESUS!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »

I don't ever recall being blinding by Ball of Lightning lol. Its all preference really. I like Streak for the AOE stun, in small group battles Streaking through everyone really softens them up for others and it has turned the tide of a battle many times for me. Granted the damage is at best mediocre but it can (and has) proc'd disintegration. I've also never found myself not being able to run away from a zerg because of spell projectiles, if anything its gap closers and Bows that get me.

I have almost a 100% kill rate against a non-exploiting/non-emp fleeing streak sorc. It's like open house on them and your BoL procs free fragments to keep nailing them over and over.

On the flip side the other day I had 3 sorcs chasing me spamming fragments like a hail of arrows and they were unable to kill me due to the protection of BoL. If I were streak I would have had no chance. Things like that just reinforce my decision.

But yes any player with skill can overcome the inherent weakness of a given ability against the unwashed masses ( =

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »

I have almost a 100% kill rate against a non-exploiting/non-emp fleeing streak sorc. It's like open house on them and your BoL procs free fragments to keep nailing them over and over.

On the flip side the other day I had 3 sorcs chasing me spamming fragments like a hail of arrows and they were unable to kill me due to the protection of BoL. If I were streak I would have had no chance. Things like that just reinforce my decision.

But yes any player with skill can overcome the inherent weakness of a given ability against the unwashed masses ( =

Your near 100% kill rate must be against said unwashed masses then. If a sorc is chasing me, I just turn and fight them. A Streaking sorc will always be at a disadvantage against another sorc chasing him. Conversely if you had 3 sorcs chasing you spamming Crystal shards they again would have to have been very new players or very bad players. Any decent sorc would know not to waste their mana on spell projectiles while a ball is up. I'd rather have a skill morph that turns the tide against very good players vs the other that wrecks noobies. Again, just preference :smiley:
    Edited by loki547 on March 9, 2015 10:51PM
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so thoroughly tested bol and streak and i have to say hands down bol is where it is at, i was able to survive longer and rage less.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, in this situation though I just got off the horse and was not even attacking him. I heard sorcs are terrible now so I wanted to see and walked up just holding block as he got free hits on me.

Literally in a blink I was dead. From full stam holding block nothing else.

You get overload is an ultimate right? So its not like it can be used on command any time. Eitherway there are ways to get past it and still lay on the death to a cloth wearing sorcerer.