The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dragon Knights Chaining themselves up keep walls, ZoS

sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
They are now able to Pull themselves up the walls, i think it has something to do with CC immunity from the player they are using the ability on.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill them once they get inside the keep. DKs are free kills now.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    not the point, and DKs are not free kills now.

Only the ones still using 1h& Shield and hold block are free kills, but those are the players who follow cookie cutter builds and can't pvp worth a damn.

Had a DK hold block for 12 seconds and using Reflective Scales when i'm spamming mages fury on him for 1.5k a hit.
    Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on March 5, 2015 2:35PM
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no the point, and DKs are not free kills now. Only the ones still using 1h& Shield and hold block, but those are the players who follow cookie cutter builds and can't pvp worth a damn.

Had a DK hold block for 12 seconds and using Reflective Scales when i'm spamming mages fury on him for 1.5k a hit.

Thats great and stuff. If you are still having problems with DK scales, then I have bad news for you.
    no the point, and DKs are not free kills now. Only the ones still using 1h& Shield and hold block, but those are the players who follow cookie cutter builds and can't pvp worth a damn.

Thats great and stuff. If you are still having problems with DK scales, then I have bad news for you.

no scales is still stupid O.P and i have no idea how a skill like it made it into a MMO, but the point i was trying to make is D.K players who are still using 1h& shield are stuck in the past.

Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on March 5, 2015 2:38PM
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a bug this is working as designed and it says so in the description (which I don't have at hand) something like:
    If you are unable to pull your target towards you, you will be moved towards your target.
    Thus whoever uses it as a means to get up the walls is making best use of his skills.
    Kudos!
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ones following cookie cutter builds are the DK going stamina and didnt realise its garbage, if you want to rack some ap.
    The 1h/s. Destro magicka has never been so powerful with softcap removal and the new detonation skill. Entropy/Force pulse/detonation/scale/shooting star. Let the ap flow ...

Edited by Vanzen on March 5, 2015 3:18PM
    Chelos wrote: »
    This is not a bug this is working as designed and it says so in the description (which I don't have at hand) something like:
    If you are unable to pull your target towards you, you will be moved towards your target.
    Thus whoever uses it as a means to get up the walls is making best use of his skills.
    Kudos!

lol k well im going to continue to make threads about it until ZoS knows that Once again, Dk's are able to get into keeps, just like they were with Dragon Leap.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mentioned this on the pts from day one. Complete waste of my time being on the pts.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

The ones following cookie cutter builds are the DK going stamina and didnt realise its garbage, if you want to rack some ap.
    The 1h/s. Destro magicka has never been so powerful with softcap removal and the new detonation skill. Entropy/Force pulse/detonation/scale/shooting star. Let the ap flow ...

Quiet now, please.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow another complain thread from this guy
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Mentioned this on the pts from day one. Complete waste of my time being on the pts.

@Armitas So no more yanking your chain? :wink:

K.. I'll go jump off a bridge now....
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »

@Armitas So no more yanking your chain? :wink:

K.. I'll go jump off a bridge now....

you should jump off the bride near alessia :D

force pulse? CRUSHING SHOCK OR BUST!
    Huntler wrote: »
    wow another complain thread from this guy

and another whine about you thinking i'm complaining post, from you! Here have a free insightful
    Ishammael wrote: »

Quiet now, please.

.... nope.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, related to Sword/Board DKs, once they get enough CP invested in block cost reduction it's going to be the cookie cutter again, ZOS just fracked with everyones' stamina in this update.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

In all seriousness, related to Sword/Board DKs, once they get enough CP invested in block cost reduction it's going to be the cookie cutter again, ZOS just fracked with everyones' stamina in this update.

I forgot how much damage does blocking, block with 1h&Shield? Magic damage that is. On the PTS i was hitting 25k CF and 30k Power overloads with full CP
    Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on March 5, 2015 4:46PM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot how much damage does blocking, block with 1h&Shield? Magic damage that is. On the PTS i was hitting 25k CF and 30k Power overloads with full CP

Dragonknights have a passive to block 10% more damage, with whatever they're using, Sword/Board gives something like 20% mitigation? Whether or not it's additive or multiplicative I have no idea, but I'm guesing a DK blocks somewhere between 30-45% of your damage with Sword/Board, maybe a little less... Just smack a DK in the face with a shield, record the #s, smack him in the face without the shield, record the #s, then compare.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really cant be a surprise? I both commented on in the forums and bugged it in the 1.6 Beta as a likely exploit..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them have this or implement easy-to-counter grappling-hooks as siegeweapons. If they try to fix that they'll screw something up in pve :(
  • Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    They are now able to Pull themselves up the walls, i think it has something to do with CC immunity from the player they are using the ability on.

I am a big fan of the game, and I love ZOS for their attempt at doing what they can to listen to players (up till now, at least), but moves like this seriously make me question the people at ZOS. Wasn't it the case that you should NOT be able to get on top of enemy keeps walls/through doors without first breaking it down?

Wasn't that the reason why dragon leap was 'nerfed', to prevent DKs from leaping onto keeps?

But lo and behold, as soon as they nerfed one skill, they enabled another one that does exactly just that.

Seriously, how thick do you have to be to pull this off?
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs can still stambush onto keep walls...
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

.....what?

maybe across a broken keep wall to the other side; but in my last 7+ months of PvP I have NEVER seen a NB use ambush to get on top of a keep wall.

Did I just miss it?:(
    Edited by Cody on March 6, 2015 3:56AM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

I used to be able to do that on two keeps only, and I needed to be perched on a pillar in just the right place to do it, and with the victim in the right place. Basically, the stars needed to be aligned for all of that to happen. I haven't been able to do this in quite some time, I figured ZOS changed things so this couldn't happen, but I haven't extensively tested since last time I wasn't able to ambush onto a keep wall.

Chaining seems a whole lot easier by comparison, I get your point though TG.

P.S. I don't have a problem with DK's being able to do this either, nor do I have a problem with using take flight to land on a wall. Actually, i'm kinda sad that got nerfed as it was pretty funny in a fight, and added some spice. Plus, it usually meant the death of the DK doing it.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its launch all over again...

I am serious:/ Shield bash spam, pull chaining onto keep walls.... I wonder when a group of players will find some exploit in a dungeon and grind to max CP like many did with VR the first month and max out in a week; steamrolling everyone for the next 3 months?
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »

.....what?

maybe across a broken keep wall to the other side; but in my last 7+ months of PvP I have NEVER seen a NB use ambush to get on top of a keep wall.

Did I just miss it?:(

If you ambush at the same time as an enemy enters a keep, you teleport with them through the door. I don't know about getting on top of a wall though.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried that, might have to give it a crack.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not the point, and DKs are not free kills now.

Only the ones still using 1h& Shield and hold block are free kills, but those are the players who follow cookie cutter builds and can't pvp worth a damn.

aaaaah hahaha ahahhaha hahaha
    If you really think the days of 1h&S dks are gone, i have bad news for you...
    Of course, the people that rolled dk just because they heard it was op and who use scales against melee, those should never have been a problem in the first place
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is delicious.

Literally delicious.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a sorc, vs permblockers, use liquid ligtning, if they still block, they will move slowly out of the aoe, and take a good chunk of dmg, if they stop blocking to move faster out of the aoe, release your procced crystal.

PC EU
    PvP only